Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Focusrite iTrack Dock

Comments

• So today's GC deal is a Line 6 mobile keys, 49, for $40. Online order only. We'll see if this one works with the iTrack dock shortly.

• Just get yourself akai eie non-pro and keep doing what you're doing. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it. Mine will arrive at the store tomorrow.

• The Akai doesn't charge but that feature is becoming less and less important.

• Very pleased to report the Line 6 Mobile Keys Premium 49 works with the FocusRite iTrack Dock. Yay! New out of the box plugged in powered up brought up Module. Sweet. $39.95 one day on-line only sale from Guitar Center. Very sweet!

• My suspicion is that there are various level of Class Compliant. The M-Audio Axiom Air 25 and the Line 6 talk to the Focusrite but the Alesis Q49, an older design?, does not.

• Ugh. I thought the issue was with my M-Audio controller, so I got the Akai MPK Mk2 and I'm having the same issue others have reported. With a powered hub and the CCK, the MPK works fine, but I can't get the iTrack to respond to either controller. I updated the firmware and configured the controller with Akai's config app. I wonder if it has something to do with 2 midi interfaces showing up for the dock in apps?

• " really love the Itrack dock, it's quite excellent. I have had 2 now however as the first became faulty. My 2nd seems fine though so far.
    Have had some strange audio signal noise when using it with an iPad mini. The air seems more compatible for some reason as there is no strange signal noises with that unit?"

^ I've had this exact same issue^, I took the dock back to the shop and tried another unit which was exactly the same. Interference noise as soon as the iPad was connected. I'm using the new iPad air2 which technically isn't supported, but I'm not sure why this would cause interference. Hopefully I can get it sorted but reading these posts doesn't exactly inspire confidence lol

• So it turns out it's my iPad that's causing interference,I tried another iPad (focusrite supports idea that I stupidly didn't think of trying even though my wife's iPad was available) its totally fine,I can't explain this as both iPads are the exact the same model. Weird. I'm not exactly sure how to explain why I'd like a new iPad please eh!!!! as it's making funny noises......but only when I connect to a dock. I can picture the funny looks already

• edited January 2015

I use a dockx tender cable. Have the two foot one. Works great! Even charges and allows me to set the iPad at a more convenient angle. Just ordered the 6 ft so I can lean back in a chair and still have the iTrack wired in to the studio.

This may help if you have a flaky lightning connector on the iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dockxtender+for+lightning+by+cablejive&sprefix=dockx,aps,491

• The Q49 works ok with CKK with other midi enabled apps on the iPad, as well as my laptop when th Q49 is connected. I sometimes wonder why Apple do not release IOS devices to have standard Midi Protacles. So we can use our iPads as controller keyboards,ect to Macs, & PCs. I thought Midi was meant to be a unified language to all music instruments.

• @jaseamondo said:

So it turns out it's my iPad that's causing interference,I tried another iPad (focusrite supports idea that I stupidly didn't think of trying even though my wife's iPad was available) its totally fine,I can't explain this as both iPads are the exact the same model. Weird. I'm not exactly sure how to explain why I'd like a new iPad please eh!!!! as it's making funny noises......but only when I connect to a dock. I can picture the funny looks already

So this issue turned out to be nothing to do with the iPad at all, it was the app Korg module that was causing the issue. My wife's iPad didn't have the app so therefore didn't have the problem. I'm glad to say however the app was updated today and the problem has been fixed.

Jason

• Hey!

I have a 2009 m-audio axiom 25 controller which I love.

I'm about to buy the iTrack dock and read around the web that it's not compatible. Focusrite support said they only guarantee the devices on the list.

Does anyone know of a hack to make it work? Like a usb to midi interface and/or sub hub?

In case there's no workaround I'm thinking of buying an m-audio oxygen 25 which is listed on their support list. It doesn't specify if 2014 model is supported or the the older version is. Has anyone tried with the 2014 model and worked?

Thanks!

• The Axiom Air 25 works for me.

• edited January 2015

since arturia updated their minilab firmware to 3.0.0.5 (latest) it won't work on the itrack dock. it worked the day before I upgraded to the lastest firmware. ios 8.1.2 must be another reason why several midi controllers won't work as before.
    maybe it would have been working on ios 7.1.2 but that's another story as I can't downgrade anymore ;(

• I don't understand why my UC33 usb-midi controller works in combination with a usb-hub (non-powered) on the lightning usb adapter but not on the iTrack Dock? It powers up normally when plugged-in directly on the USB slot on the iTrack Dock.

• edited January 2015

@teller said:
    I don't understand why my UC33 usb-midi controller works in combination with a usb-hub (non-powered) on the lightning usb adapter but not on the iTrack Dock? It powers up normally when plugged-in directly on the USB slot on the iTrack Dock.

It just doesn't work with hubs (at least most I think). It's only meant to transmit midi and power, not USB?
    (or something like that). In other words, a small subset of the USB protocol. This would explain how limited it is.

I just tried another USB hub with the same results (I had forgotten they didn't work LOL).

It's problematic. I was sort of hoping there would be a firmware update which would address some of these issues.

But if they did that, you wouldn't need to buy their next model

note: it's other HUGE issue is the disconnecting, which is sort of unbelievable

I was trying to get it to transmit midi over a iConnect USB midi cable to a midi module with no luck. On their website they list the Sanoxy USB MIDI Cable Convertor as working. Now I have one of these (somewhere) so I will try it, but the iConnect is sort of the same thing (these things are pretty simple), but you never know.

• I asked Arturia about the issue of my MiniLab and they told me to do a factory reset by holding the +/ - (octave up and down) buttons while plugging the USB cable into the iTrack Dock, then the MiniLab worked again. But not for long.
    Now I can't use it anymore. The hard resetting trick won't work anymore. A good free app I use to monitor the MIDI devices is Midi Wrench. When I plug in the MiniLab, the iTrack Dock is blinking green normally as it would accept and see the device. While looking on Midi Wrench I get nothing but INVALID incoming MIDI events and the device won't be recognized.
    Focusrite should fix it and release a firmware upgrade.

• I bought an ESI Midi Mate USB to Midi Cable and finally the iTrack Dock is seeing all my Midi controllers like a charm!

• edited February 2015

I have the iTrack dock with a Alesis Q49 keyboard which I bought together from Amazon because focusrites website said it was compatible. After multiple emails with their tech support and also with them sending me a Saxony MIDI cable converter, nothing worked. I love the dock but it just wasn't ready for prime time. I'll keep it because it's too late to return it. Fortunately the keyboard works great with iPad camera connection kit, but it isn't what I paid for.

• I also could not get the Alesis Q49 to work with the iTrack. Took it back got the Line 6 49 and it works like a charm. The Line 6 has a firmware update available but I'm not going to apply it under the "if it ain't broke... " approach to maintenance.

• Anyone have try to use it with MPC Element??

• anranr
    edited February 2015

So far so good here in terms of connections, tried it with iRig Keys Pro and iRig Pads, no problem. I also have one of those Midi to Usb adapter cables, so I think my other old standard controllers should work. An odd issue I've found (but it's not Focusrite's fault, I'm afraid): iMPC Pro doesn't work with this dock. The audio of the app doesn't go through the dock's output. I've read I'm not the only one having this weird issue. All other apps so far work just fine with it.

• You're right. No sound through the iTrack from iMPC Pro. What's really weird is iMPC works.

• However, if iMPC Pro is loaded IAA into AudioShare, and I assume other hosts, then there is no problem hearing it through the Dock.

• weird, anyway the guys are Retronyms are getting an iTrack Dock to check this issue. We'll see...

• When this happens with iMPC Pro try removing the ipad from the dock and then reconnecting it (with iMPC Pro still running). It reboots the iTrack's audio and then IMPC Pro audio works as it should.

A work around for sure but it gets you there until Retronyms get it together

Cheers
    Jed

• Guess I got lucky, I have an old, small and cheap m-audio Oxygen8-v2 keyboard. I didn't expect it would work at all but I plugged it into my itrack with a usb cable, fired it all up and it works great...it is powered by it's own wall wart, maybe that has something to do with it.
    I haven't yet tried the audio portion of the itrack but will get to that soon enough.

• I tried the Alesis 49 powered with an adapter (and every other way known to man) and I still couldn't get it to work. With the number of people on this forum who have stated to same thing with this keyboard, I would have thought that Focusrite would have taken it down off their website as a compatible keyboard. Let the buyer beware.

• I've ordered an iTrack Dock today and came across this thread. Until this I felt like a kid in front of the cristmas tree - bad surprise. I only want a device, which is able to charge my iPad while offering at least one audio and one midi input. The only alternative to the iTrack that is bellow 500€ seems to be the Griffin Studioconnect, which sadly has only 5-Pin Midi.
    But ok - I think I will return the iTrack. It should work with my Axiom, of course - but random power-dropouts are a nogo for me.
    Does anybody know of an adaptor, which allows to connect an USB-Midi device to standard 5-Pin?