Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Minitaur or Sirin Midi Designer Template

edited June 2019 in Other

I made a template in Midi Designer Pro2 for the Moog Sirin for the iPad and almost everything seems to be working fine.

Before I share this, I was hoping to get someone to double check my work.

Also, looking at the Minitaur manual, it looks like all the same CCs. If so, I'd be happy to reskin it for Minitaur owners. But I don't have a Minitaur to test it with.

Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll share it somewhere.

Comments

• I have a Minitaur and Midi Designer Pro 2. Post the template and I’ll test it.

• edited June 2019

Here you are thank you.

A couple notes.
    .. The volume out control does not work from Sirin to the template. I read that that is a known issue, not particular to Midi Designer. Should work from the template to the Minitaur.
    .. The envelope legato, on off, eg reset. Could not get that to work with the shift command according to the manual specs, nor could I hear a difference between the first two modes. Legato on works, switching to 64 value jumps to eg reset.

Updated link. Dont know why i didnt put program change in at first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8lzjoeq6u3xc3b/2019-06-03-MiOSirin v4.mididesigner?dl=0

• Does Midi Designer support sending and saving sysex or only sending MIDI cc? I have a Minitaur and can help check too, thanks for posting.

• I am sure it does but I have not used any with this though.

• edited June 2019

@nondes said:
    Does Midi Designer support sending and saving sysex or only sending MIDI cc? I have a Minitaur and can help check too, thanks for posting.

Midi Designer can send sysex.

You can also parse some incoming Sysex with the StreamByter IAP within MD.

It does have some limitations however so I use MIDIFIRE in between to parse sysex and send those values to controls in MD.

• If anybody wants to lend me there Sirin I’ll happily Test too! 😂😂

• I was able to test the template and the only controls other than the glide issues with not being able to detect a difference between linear rate and linear time everything seemed to work with the exception of:

1. Volume velocity didn’t make a difference
    2. Filter velocity didn’t make a difference
    3. When I attached my QuNexus keyboard and put it in a mode where it only sent MIDI out on channel 1, the MIDI channel display was changing the channel number apparently in response to MIDI CC# 1 messages sent from the QuNexus.
  • @InfoCheck said:
    I was able to test the template and the only controls other than the glide issues with not being able to detect a difference between linear rate and linear time everything seemed to work with the exception of:

1. Volume velocity didn’t make a difference
    2. Filter velocity didn’t make a difference
    3. When I attached my QuNexus keyboard and put it in a mode where it only sent MIDI out on channel 1, the MIDI channel display was changing the channel number apparently in response to MIDI CC# 1 messages sent from the QuNexus.

Thank you very much.

Not with the Sirin right now but I see my error right off with #3. I'll update that.

And I'll have to go review what linear rate and time are _suppose _to do. I don't use glide much.