Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Biggest Audio News from Today's Apple Event: IAA is deprecated in iPadOS & iOS 13!

1235»

Comments

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If we don't take in account Audiobus:

How are we going to route audio between two Host apps?

• @ttk said:
    If we don't take in account Audiobus:

How are we going to route audio between two Host apps?

IAA isn't disappearing any time soon. Only time will tell if there will be non-audiobus host-to-host communication options.

If one uses IAA apps, it would be wise to wait to install os updates until you have confirmed that the apps you need work well.

• AUV3 rules OK?

But on the downside I'll miss the happy accidents you can get from forgotten background apps hiding in the shubbery ... I would never have considered sticking a solid kick drum on the front end of each note in a female choir ... who would? - gave the gals some serious grunt though ... forceful pletives for the linguists ... these sopranos really mean it. Try it.

But aside from those rare gifts - a damn nuisance and unnecessarily limited.

I'm pleased Apple has put this pressure on to upgrade and adapt the Greats from the Big End of Town - they wouldn't invest otherwise...they tend to rest on their laurels and direct the market.

• All these apps still work and with AudioBus you can solve a myriad of connectivity problems.

Making music on a lot of platforms always seemed to be a morass of interoperability problems and
    a lot of (un)planned obsolescence when the hardware vendor updated the OS every year or 2. Playing for updates was the norm in my experience.

We are really spoiled by an array of riches. Sometimes I look at that IAA list of apps in AUM and remember some neglected sonic jewel... like Altispace, Tone Stack, iWaveStation, Animoog, Impaktor, etc.

• @McD said:
    All these apps still work and with AudioBus you can solve a myriad of connectivity problems.

Making music on a lot of platforms always seemed to be a morass of interoperability problems and
    a lot of (un)planned obsolescence when the hardware vendor updated the OS every year or 2. Playing for updates was the norm in my experience.

We are really spoiled by an array of riches. Sometimes I look at that IAA list of apps in AUM and remember some neglected sonic jewel... like Altispace, Tone Stack, iWaveStation, Animoog, Impaktor, etc.

True