Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC 2019 - live discussion

edited June 2019 in General App Discussion

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/livestream/

1. Copy that link,
  2. paste it in Safari (required for Mac or iOS livestream).
  3. Start the video.
  4. Then tap on picture-in-picture. (or on another device)
  5. Then come back here to the forum to discuss while we watch together. :)

Starting right now.

Comments

• Personally, my first thought is: the audio is IMPECCABLE! Apple always does an amazing job of livestreaming excellent live audio alongside on-device demos, live music, and soundtracks.

...now waiting for new stuff, probably will be a good 20 minutes of Apple hype before we get anything good.

• Hopefully we get news on this iPadOs rumour.

• @hansjbs said:
    Hopefully we get news on this iPadOs rumour.

That would mark the end of 'Universal' as iOS and iPadOS get 'separated'.
    The worst that could happen is the 'non Pro iPads' get iOS and 'Pro' iPads get iPadOS which would cause quite a bit of fragmentation but we'll see...

• @Samu said:

@hansjbs said:
    Hopefully we get news on this iPadOs rumour.

That would mark the end of 'Universal' as iOS and iPadOS get 'separated'.
    The worst that could happen is the 'non Pro iPads' get iOS and 'Pro' iPads get iPadOS which would cause quite a bit of fragmentation but we'll see...

Yep. Same way i feel.

• 28 minutes in. Finally talking about iOS 👍🏼

• Only thing I'm intersted in for now is if my iPhone SE will get an update to iOS 13

• edited June 2019

iPadOS. It’s looking great already
    HARD DRIVE SUPPORT IS HERE. And you can import photos directly to an app

• edited June 2019

Multiple instances of the same app side-by-side on iPad / apps can open multiple windows (tiles).

Finder-like features for Files (more views, preview pane, etc.).

Finally, native SMB (Windows share) support.

Support for USB thumb drives / hard drives.

Zip/Unzip.

Wow.

• For the love. USB support for iPad. I don’t know why but I’m mostly mad that this took... what, 8 Years ? ? ? ?

• edited June 2019

@SevenSystems said:

Support for USB thumb drives / hard drives.

It kinda has to work with the some kind of USB-C -> USB dongle since most 'thumb drives' are still USB-A size and not USB-C :)

SMB support is nice though, direct access to NAS etc, sweet...

Hope those features come to Files.app on iOS as well :)

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

iPadOS Highlights:

You can have multiple apps share the display real estate.
    You can plug in a thumb drive.
    Files has Folder Sharing.
    Download Manager in Safari.
    3 Finger gestures for cut and paste, undo.
    Apple Pencil latency reduced from 20 msec to 9.
    Pencil markup any app.

• @Samu said:

Many people don't know, but it's already possible to access NAS in Files.app by installing an app that adds an, errr, "provider" to Files.app... for example, if you have FileExplorer Pro installed, Files will then have access to all SMB shares configured in FileExplorer... etc... but yeah, it's better to have it natively and supposedly more robust.

• edited June 2019

Any improvements to the iOS music world !

• @Hmtx said:
    For the love. USB support for iPad. I don’t know why but I’m mostly mad that this took... what, 8 Years ? ? ? ?

USB mouse support?

• The poor guy right now, I feel a bit sorry for him. 3-finger pinch-swipe-scroll with middle-finger at 43.9 degree angle to paste.

Sorry Apple, nobody can remember all those. Next. :) (yes, they're meaning well, but iOS is already suffering extremely from gesture overload. There's no need to add even more.)

• @greengrocer said:

@Hmtx said:
    For the love. USB support for iPad. I don’t know why but I’m mostly mad that this took... what, 8 Years ? ? ? ?

USB mouse support?

No word on that

• iPadOS Demo:

Text keyboard can shrink for one thumb input on the side of the display lower left
    New editing gestures
    Pencil - mark up any app/document

• @SevenSystems said:

@Samu said:

Many people don't know, but it's already possible to access NAS in Files.app by installing an app that adds an, errr, "provider" to Files.app... for example, if you have FileExplorer Pro installed, Files will then have access to all SMB shares configured in FileExplorer... etc... but yeah, it's better to have it natively and supposedly more robust.

I know that, but i feel native support is better than relying on third party apps for a feature that should have been built-in since the dawn of Files.app :)

• Where's Phil Schiller?

• edited June 2019

@greengrocer said:

@Hmtx said:

USB mouse support?

No. Only sing an external USB storage is going to be available in iOS 13.

But yeah, leave it to apple to offer tiny improvements... so no USB mouse :/

• LOL. The “cheese grater” desktop Mac is back. (Mac Pro). I mean it will be awesome i’m sure, but you have to laugh at the design.

• edited June 2019

It’s good that the new Mac Pro also doubles as a cheese grater, should come in handy. 😉

• @SevenSystems said:
    Where's Phil Schiller?

Was just about to ask the same.
    Maybe he has to pay for 'being courageous' to remove the 3.5mm jack or something...

• @Jumpercollins said:

Any improvements to the iOS music world !

Not in this screen. We will have to wait for the specific audio sessions.

• 1.4 kW power supply, haha. You'd expect that in a space heater, not a computer :D

• iPadOS, ugh no. Let's hope this doesn't mean maintaining universal apps is going to be twice the amount of work.

There was a time when iOS was synonymous with "no fragmentation"... :/

• @brambos said:
    iPadOS, ugh no. Let's hope this doesn't mean maintaining universal apps is going to be twice the amount of work.

There was a time when iOS was synonymous with "no fragmentation"... :/

Yeah, I was just wondering if this will start an iOS (iPadOS?) compatibility nightmare...

• Logic with 1000 audio tracks and 1000 instrument plugins :D

• edited June 2019

Impressive demo of Logic for MacOS!!