Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 only host and IAA

I am using Camelot pro as my keyboard host..
Because of the brilliant support for my hardware keyboards

But its currently AUv3 only..

So most my virtuall instruments are IAA only..
Now i can reach them trough AUM ...
But i can not save them as presets..

Now what app would work as a AUv3 plugin?
While allowing me to host IAA plugins inside..
And make it possible to switch IAA plugins and selected sounds whenever i change scenes inside Camelot pro..

Or what app can host IAA sounds and change patches realtime, trough a midi program change from an external or virtual midi device...

Considering the hardware and AUv3 instruments side of things, Camelot pro is a perfect host for my rig... and AUv3 midi and effects support is just around the corner.. but IAA support make them take much longer, so i was hoping for a workaround for my specific problem.

Comments

• edited June 2019

None. AUv3 plugin cannot act as IAA host.

Audiobus?

Camelot doesn't support audiobus

• How about Midi Route in Audioveek's Midi Tools?

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1446209019

• Use AudioLayer to make sampled instruments out of the iaa only apps?

• @dendy said:

None. AUv3 plugin cannot act as IAA host.

Audiobus?

Camelot doesn't support audiobus

It doesn’t need to. It can send midi to Audiobus.

If the IAA apps in question support state saving then that makes it easier. If they don’t, and the do support program change messages to change presets, that might be an answer as well.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Use AudioLayer to make sampled instruments out of the iaa only apps?

Good suggestion.

• The advantage of Camelot is that it can open apps "on the fly", without keep the app in memory for ever . To be able to accomplish this, the app must be auv3 (for now)

• @lano said:
    The advantage of Camelot is that it can open apps "on the fly", without keep the app in memory for ever . To be able to accomplish this, the app must be auv3 (for now)

Audiobus can load presets containing apps, and automatically open AUv3 apps as well as compatible IAA apps when the preset is loaded. Presets can be loaded from midi events sent from Camelot. Yes, it’s an external solution, though.

• @wim said:
    Audiobus can load presets containing apps, and automatically open AUv3 apps as well as compatible IAA apps when the >preset is loaded. Presets can be loaded from midi events sent from Camelot. Yes, it’s an external solution, though.

Audiobus can open AUv3, but mostly I have to touch the icon to open the app. If I change the preset, all apps that is not in use anymore remain in memory. Camelot is supposed to automatically open and close these apps.

• @wim said:

@lano said:
    The advantage of Camelot is that it can open apps "on the fly", without keep the app in memory for ever . To be able to accomplish this, the app must be auv3 (for now)

Audiobus can load presets containing apps, and automatically open AUv3 apps as well as compatible IAA apps when the preset is loaded. Presets can be loaded from midi events sent from Camelot. Yes, it’s an external solution, though.

So i bought audiobus.. should have done that much earlier, if it was only to support this forum..

However can’t figure out how to change presets based on midi events...
    Now plowing trough the manuall

• So i found out how to add program changes to a preset..
    It was under midi learn (who would have guessed)
    Sadly no bank changes.. so there is a limit..

Now getting itto work..
    Midi monitor shows me audiobus virtual midi is receiving the program changes..
    But not presets are being switched..
    I guess actually using midi presets requires me to buy the midi learn expansion?

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@lano said:

@wim said:
    Audiobus can load presets containing apps, and automatically open AUv3 apps as well as compatible IAA apps when the >preset is loaded. Presets can be loaded from midi events sent from Camelot. Yes, it’s an external solution, though.

Audiobus can open AUv3, but mostly I have to touch the icon to open the app. If I change the preset, all apps that is not in use anymore remain in memory. Camelot is supposed to automatically open and close these apps.

If an IAA app has up-to-date audiobus support, Audiobus should be able to launch it now without touching it. Many, but not all apps do. At any rate, it’s a moot point since Camelot doesn’t support IAA. And if/when it does, it will have the same issue of needing to touch the icon to open the app, plus not being able to save the state of the app. That’s the nature of IAA apps, and why I avoid them when I can.

• @Bachus said:
    So i found out how to add program changes to a preset..
    It was under midi learn (who would have guessed)
    Sadly no bank changes.. so there is a limit..

Now getting itto work..
    Midi monitor shows me audiobus virtual midi is receiving the program changes..
    But not presets are being switched..
    I guess actually using midi presets requires me to buy the midi learn expansion?

Yes.