Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virtual ANS 3 by Alexander Zolotov, new audio unit 😊

Comments

• edited June 2019

From the manual (bottom of http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/ans/manual.php)

iOS: How can i import/export files from/to the Virtual ANS internal storage?
    There are several ways.

For standalone version:
    use the Files app;
    in some other app (for example, Mail) click on the audio/image file and select Open in -> Virtual ANS;
    use iTunes File Sharing.
    For standalone and AU: open Virtual ANS -> Project -> Export/Import -> Wi-Fi Export/Import. Then follow the instructions on the screen. Web browser and the AU (with active Wi-Fi) can be opened on the same device.

Okay, so it looks like the only way to get samples into the AU is via Safari (Wi-Fi Import).
    Not as convenient as direct access to Files.app, but easy enough for me.
    When you tap "Choose File", then "Browse", the Files.app appears.
    Note: Presets created in standalone don't show up in the AU, and vice versa.
    Note: In AUM on my 2018 iPad 6th Gen, CPU occasionally spikes to 70%, but when played polyphonically by Rozeta Collider, the CPU is usually around 20-30%. Idle (not playing) it's around 10%. I think we'll see optimizations, as the dev is a coding genius. :mrgreen:
    Great to see him finally enter the AU arena.

• I had a blast with Virtual ANS when I first got it, then never used it since. But I jumped at the opportunity to a) send some money to an extremely worthy developer and b) send encouragement that AUv3 conversion does return at least some investment. Hoping it encourages him in the effort to make SunVox AUv3.

Then, because I bought it, I opened it up and got immersed, and now am excited to at the possibilities of using it, whereas I didn’t see it before. AUv3 just makes things so much more inviting for me to use. B)

• @wim said:
    I had a blast with Virtual ANS when I first got it, then never used it since. But I jumped at the opportunity to a) send some money to an extremely worthy developer and b) send encouragement that AUv3 conversion does return at least some investment. Hoping it encourages him in the effort to make SunVox AUv3.

Then, because I bought it, I opened it up and got immersed, and now am excited to at the possibilities of using it, whereas I didn’t see it before. AUv3 just makes things so much more inviting for me to use. B)

Sold.

• I'm having too much fun. :kissing_heart:

Here's the new "Polyphonic Synth" feature with looping, ADSR, etc. This a wav sample of a choir.

Here's playing the NYC skyline. (That skyscraper over on the left sounds like middle C, so lets play it like a synth).

How about an SR-71 cockpit? This is with the "Polyphonic Synth" feature disabled.

• Same here! Loads of ideas now. Strange how it goes after some time away from certain apps!
    @wim said:

I had a blast with Virtual ANS when I first got it, then never used it since. But I jumped at the opportunity to a) send some money to an extremely worthy developer and b) send encouragement that AUv3 conversion does return at least some investment. Hoping it encourages him in the effort to make SunVox AUv3.

• Are there presets included or am I missing how to access them?

• nondes:
    ofcourse they are.
    in the "projects" dir.

• @cian said:
    This seems to do a lot that ANS 2.0 couldn't do. Interesting.

Dude... this is a beast... Totally worth it.

Highly recommend to y'all... May seem subtle, but putting your hands on it, you will feel empowered! :lol:

• Yeah this is a great AU... loop point automation and lots of exploration potential with images. Makes me look forward to S_nvox AU even more as his apps just feel so good in the format with zooming and scaling easily.

• I never got that "Snuxvo" etc. inside joke, can anyone briefly explain? 😁

• @SevenSystems said:
    I never got that "Snuxvo" etc. inside joke, can anyone briefly explain? 😁

Some consider Sunvox intimidating (I guess simply because they don't 'get it'?!) so when people look for 'Feature-X' that can already be done with SunVox it creates a WTF scenario :)

• @Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

Some consider Sunvox intimidating (I guess simply because they don't 'get it'?!) so when people look for 'Feature-X' that can already be done with SunVox it creates a WTF scenario :)

:D So maybe I should also start saying "Xqcnue can already do that" ;)

• @SevenSystems said:

@Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

You cannot claim S_nV_x status. You have it bestowed upon you. 😉

• @gusgranite said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

:o

• I heard it through the grapevine that Xequence can stop alien infiltrators from another galaxy. While running ios9

Now that Virtual ANS got an uplift, we could start sharing usage ideas :lol:

I have an idea to record some vocal ideas, and play some notes in other layer, and edit to somewhat vocode/autotune the result :tongue:

• @SevenSystems said:

@gusgranite said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

:o

Snuvox was a posters typo.
    Far as I can figure, S_nV_x is a little like saying “the dark lord” instead of Voldemort. Yes, SunVox has all the features, and thus deserving of obscure in jokes just as X_qenc_r will be (nudge nudge wink wink)

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

As I remember it, at the mention of the word S__vox in a thread, conversation would die out and the thread would die. So, as to not invoke this curse on a thread, one must mask the word.

• @audiblevideo said:

Snuvox was a posters typo.
    Far as I can figure, S_nV_x is a little like saying “the dark lord” instead of Voldemort. Yes, SunVox has all the features, and thus deserving of obscure in jokes just as X_qenc_r will be (nudge nudge wink wink)

Yes, intentional typo, uttered too many times in a thread, the correct spelling can spell misfortune ;)

• look out, something's coming...

• The Scottish Play.

• @ocelot said:
    I'm having too much fun. :kissing_heart:

Here's the new "Polyphonic Synth" feature with looping, ADSR, etc. This a wav sample of a choir.

Here's playing the NYC skyline. (That skyscraper over on the left sounds like middle C, so lets play it like a synth).

How about an SR-71 cockpit? This is with the "Polyphonic Synth" feature disabled.

let’s hear a clip of the sr71 cockpit. it looks cool, but how does it sound ?

• @ocelot said:

Are those your pics? Not seeing how to import images.

• @eross I just transferred my V2 .ans files over to V3 last night. I have an ans file of the SR71 cockpit that I worked on for a few hours - will post a SoundCloud link later.

The new V3 features make it even more powerful - before, I found it good for ambient soundscapes, dark atmospheres, and experimental, but the new Polyphonic Synth feature makes it a lot more capable of 'playable' melodic things. Plus you can just 'vocoder-ize' drum loops too. Or even make an entire tune with it, using it as an 'alternative" DAW, but I haven't got that far yet.

• @RJB said:

@ocelot said:

I’ve only been able to do it in standalone. I copy the image to the Virtual ANS folder then can see it by pressing Load.

There’s probably some way to do it with the AU, but I haven’t investigated.

• @RJB at the top of this page, see my post on how to import jpgs, gifs, wavs, ans...

Note: Presets created in standalone don't show up in the AU, and vice versa, but you can use the same method to transfer files from the standalone version to the AU while it's in AUM.

Also,
    A preset can also have multiple layers (think Photoshop), with an ans or jpg file on each layer. I don't think you can have different wav files per layer, but I could be wrong. It's easy enough to save a wav to ans preset, then load that ans file to a single layer. There's lots of editing tools, which can be used per layer.

• Like a lot of apps with an AU component, the presets for AU and standalone are isolated into their own save space, and aren't easily accessible from one another.

Did I read that iOS13/iPadOS will fix this longtime isolated preset issue?

• @wim said:

@RJB said:

@ocelot said:

I’ve only been able to do it in standalone. I copy the image to the Virtual ANS folder then can see it by pressing Load.

There’s probably some way to do it with the AU, but I haven’t investigated.

Yeah, you can import to the AU with the wifi import transfer in a desktop browser. Think sharing images between the main app and AU is coming...

Another cool thing is importing wav files to convert to images which you can use audiocopy from audioshare.

• Ambient track, all made with Virtual ANS3

• @ocelot said:
    @RJB at the top of this page, see my post on how to import jpgs, gifs, wavs, ans...

Note: Presets created in standalone don't show up in the AU, and vice versa, but you can use the same method to transfer files from the standalone version to the AU while it's in AUM.

Also,
    A preset can also have multiple layers (think Photoshop), with an ans or jpg file on each layer. I don't think you can have different wav files per layer, but I could be wrong. It's easy enough to save a wav to ans preset, then load that ans file to a single layer. There's lots of editing tools, which can be used per layer.

Thanks @ocelot, clunky but it works

• @barabajagal said:
    Ambient track, all made with Virtual ANS3

Not ANS related just posting it as a response to your track ;)