Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which iOS synth for making OB-X sounding filter sweeps?

Think of the intro to Tom Sawyer by RUSH as an example. That's the type of OB-X filter sweep sound I'm thinking of.

If you wanted to recreate that type of OB-X filter sweep sound, which iOS App would you choose?

Comments

• edited June 2019

VOLT synth... with ovedrive and high resonance that is EXACTLY this color of sound... you can get this kind of sweem kiterally in few seconds in VOLT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxj8dhuqlwuz08b/VoltSweep.wav?dl=0

• @dendy said:
    VOLT synth... with ovedrive and high resonance that is EXACTLY this color of sound... you can get this kind of sweem kiterally in few seconds in VOLT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxj8dhuqlwuz08b/VoltSweep.wav?dl=0

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :smile:

• edited June 2019

Thats probably my favourite synth sound ever, VOLT includes at least 2 patches based on the Tom Sawyer intro, it's not perfect but pretty close I think.

Just remembered I made a comparison some time ago putting VOLT up against the Prophet 12, Prophet 8 and OB6

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25005/analog-vs-virtual-analog-can-you-tell-which-is-which

• @ka010 said:
    Thats probably my favourite synth sound ever, VOLT includes at least 2 patches based on the Tom Sawyer intro, it's not perfect but pretty close I think.

Just remembered I made a comparison some time ago putting VOLT up against the Prophet 12, Prophet 8 and OB6

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25005/analog-vs-virtual-analog-can-you-tell-which-is-which

I just made a couple of versions using Volt. I'm really liking using a bit of LFO to control the cutoff and the Q, then tweaking the LFO frequency to get it to match the timing of the Mod Envelope sweep. Add little Chorus.... :)

Very cool. Thanks!

• edited June 2019

Something good I'm hearing with volt...

I think the filter sweep sound takes on more of an OB-X character, when I manually tweak the Pulsewidth knob like an LFO sign wave is controlling it. I think it makes the sound much more complex and interesting. Is there any way to link the LFO so it will control the Pulsewidth?

Or, is there some kind of iOS midi app that has an LFO function that can be assigned to oscillate the Pulsewidth in VOLT via midi?

• @horsetrainer said:

I think the filter sweep sound takes on more of an OB-X character, when I manually tweak the Pulsewidth knob like an LFO sign wave is controlling it. I think it makes the sound much more complex and interesting. Is there any way to link the LFO so it will control the Pulsewidth?

Or, is there some kind of iOS midi app that has an LFO function that can be assigned to oscillate the Pulsewidth in VOLT via midi?

Use the “LFO > PW” knob to modulate the pulse width.

• @brice said:

@horsetrainer said:

Use the “LFO > PW” knob to modulate the pulse width.

Ok... Now I get it.

Thanks so much!