iPCM4 New App

Hello Everybody! Has anyone bought this one or given it a whirl? I cannot find any video or info on it:

New iOS app iPCM4 by Benoit Bouchez:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ipcm4/id1462158647?mt=8

Thanx in advance would love to know more before diving in....Manual? AUM, AB compatible? Is the price worth it? Cheers, Elektrik Diva

Comments

  • Looks basic for the price.

  • Thanx Samu! I would love to know your impressions of this app! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

  • @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanx Samu! I would love to know your impressions of this app! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

    I don't have it and from what I've understood after checking the manual is that it's primary use-case is to act as an oscillator module in a modular setup or as 'stand alone' synth app. Ie. currently no AUv3, IAA or AB support and I doubt that will come considering it's target audience is modular users who need a extra oscillator...

  • OK that makes sense Samu! Many thanks for your take on it. It’s a bit steep in price for that kind of limited functionality for me so I will pass on it. On an app diet these days! I am gonna save up for those 2 new gadgets whenever they drop as well. Cheers, Susan

  • @Samu said:

    @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanx Samu! I would love to know your impressions of this app! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

    I don't have it and from what I've understood after checking the manual is that it's primary use-case is to act as an oscillator module in a modular setup or as 'stand alone' synth app. Ie. currently no AUv3, IAA or AB support and I doubt that will come considering it's target audience is modular users who need a extra oscillator...

    Hi Samu,

    I am the developer of iPCM4, and yes you are right : it is primarily intended to be used within modular synth setup. That's why I have not yet included AB support in it. However, I am working on it and there will be AB support in it in a next version.

  • @ElektrikDiva said:
    Hello Everybody! Has anyone bought this one or given it a whirl? I cannot find any video or info on it:

    New iOS app iPCM4 by Benoit Bouchez:

    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ipcm4/id1462158647?mt=8

    Thanx in advance would love to know more before diving in....Manual? AUM, AB compatible? Is the price worth it? Cheers, Elektrik Diva

    Hi ElectrikDiva,

    there is a video on the way. The app will be presented during Synthfest in Nantes (France) in the coming days, and it will be the opportunity to show it in action.

    The video link will be provided on my website : http://imodular-synth.com

    Thanks for your patience

  • @BEB said:

    Hi Samu,

    I am the developer of iPCM4, and yes you are right : it is primarily intended to be used within modular synth setup. That's why I have not yet included AB support in it. However, I am working on it and there will be AB support in it in a next version.

    Good to hear!

    If I could make a friendly suggestion, focus on AUv3 support as support for IAA (AudioBus is built on top of IAA) will be deprecated in the future. (That's the latest news from Apples WWDC'19)

    AudioBus works fine as AUv3 host and by making iPCM4 an AUv3 extension would give the end-user more options to choose where to host iMPC4 and would also preserve the apps 'modular' approach enabling usage of multiple instances.

    Then again, this is just a friendly suggestion :)

  • @BEB said:

    @Samu said:

    @ElektrikDiva said:
    Thanx Samu! I would love to know your impressions of this app! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

    I don't have it and from what I've understood after checking the manual is that it's primary use-case is to act as an oscillator module in a modular setup or as 'stand alone' synth app. Ie. currently no AUv3, IAA or AB support and I doubt that will come considering it's target audience is modular users who need a extra oscillator...

    Hi Samu,

    I am the developer of iPCM4, and yes you are right : it is primarily intended to be used within modular synth setup. That's why I have not yet included AB support in it. However, I am working on it and there will be AB support in it in a next version.

    Im using modular and ipad. By far the easiest and best setup is to have an AU plugin in aum sending audio to rack, and ofc from rack tp aum for audio fxs

  • @Samu said:

    @BEB said:

    Hi Samu,

    I am the developer of iPCM4, and yes you are right : it is primarily intended to be used within modular synth setup. That's why I have not yet included AB support in it. However, I am working on it and there will be AB support in it in a next version.

    Good to hear!

    If I could make a friendly suggestion, focus on AUv3 support as support for IAA (AudioBus is built on top of IAA) will be deprecated in the future. (That's the latest news from Apples WWDC'19)

    AudioBus works fine as AUv3 host and by making iPCM4 an AUv3 extension would give the end-user more options to choose where to host iMPC4 and would also preserve the apps 'modular' approach enabling usage of multiple instances.

    Then again, this is just a friendly suggestion :)

    Hi Samu,

    honnestly, choosing the "right" API to support is an headache right now... Depending on who I listen, the priority changes °-) But I will take a look seriously to your suggestion.

    Whatever the decision about the API to support, my plans are to start working on the "plugin capable" version of iPCM4 in July, to make a V2.0

  • I'm also interested in this app. Wish you good luck at Synthfest in Nantes.

  • @BEB said:

    @Samu said:

    @BEB said:

    Hi Samu,

    I am the developer of iPCM4, and yes you are right : it is primarily intended to be used within modular synth setup. That's why I have not yet included AB support in it. However, I am working on it and there will be AB support in it in a next version.

    Good to hear!

    If I could make a friendly suggestion, focus on AUv3 support as support for IAA (AudioBus is built on top of IAA) will be deprecated in the future. (That's the latest news from Apples WWDC'19)

    AudioBus works fine as AUv3 host and by making iPCM4 an AUv3 extension would give the end-user more options to choose where to host iMPC4 and would also preserve the apps 'modular' approach enabling usage of multiple instances.

    Then again, this is just a friendly suggestion :)

    Hi Samu,

    honnestly, choosing the "right" API to support is an headache right now... Depending on who I listen, the priority changes °-) But I will take a look seriously to your suggestion.

    Whatever the decision about the API to support, my plans are to start working on the "plugin capable" version of iPCM4 in July, to make a V2.0

    Listen to Apple.

Sign In or Register to comment.