Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magic deatheye DDMF compressor

Comments

• edited May 2020

guys- we cant control-click on this..why we need the parmeters to be controlled via cc iguess?any tool works- mozaic, rozeta, kb1, your hardware midi box..the usual stuff..

• edited May 2020

There’s still some doubt about all of the special features.

The ones I’m sure of are the tapping the logo for oversampling & the harmonic distortion effect is engaged by sliding up & down on the Balance/Status area.

Now for OUTSIDE of AUM, the controls for accessing the desktop hidden features don’t seem to work. For the desktop, pressing control on all these examples and:

• Tapping the low frequency EQ knob is supposed to access an “elliptical low end filter/mono summer.
      *Tapping the high EQ knob is supposed to activate the mid side features.
      *Tapping the in or output knob is supposed to link them together, for ease of level control.

The three switches on the bottom right are for threshold linking, not 100% sure about that; the 200hz filter seems obvious and the last is the side chain control (which on the hardware unit is a bypass switch, pictured below).

There is no iOS manual yet that I could find.

• Yes, it surely shouldn’t need extra CC setups, although that is an ok temporary solution, but they should have set it up that it can be done easily in-app with presses, swipes etc. Have you guys emailed to ask Christian about it maybe?

• The hidden features can be controlled in AUM.

• I didn’t resist the bundle answer and I pushed the button. Amazing. Best mastering compressor imho.

• @Charlesalbert great! no more apps for us2 this year lol

• trying to decode this beast midi mapping ... any ideas plz ping this thread

• @noob said:
    trying to decode this beast midi mapping ... any ideas plz ping this thread

When an app has AU parameters does that also mean there's a CC the parameter will respond to or is that relationship a feature of AUM or any other DAW?

• @McD good question think this one got no cc fixed in code so its up to the host

• @noob said:
    @McD good question think this one got no cc fixed in code so its up to the host

Thanks for the clarification on this... I assumed if there was a default CC that AUM would just advertise it and maybe allow it to be changed or re-mapped. Is it typically for FX apps to embed CC's. I guess looking at a few in AUM might also slip me a clue but I'll take anything documented here.

• edited May 2020

btw found a little graphics bug - and also we rly need the gui to have buttons for the extras methinks -will mail Christian about it

cc mapping from mozaic works ok.. punch on off, midside onoff and linked in/out here;

• Yeah, an elegant GUI like this shouldn’t need these kind of workarounds, I’m sure it’s just an oversight and they’ll implement a fix soon if you let them know.

• mailed him :) with humble requests about onscreen buttons for the ”extras”

• @noob said:
    mailed him :) with humble requests about onscreen buttons for the ”extras”

I think they want it to look as close as possible to the hardware version, so don’t be surprised if the hidden extras end up in the screws.

• in out link and dry wet would be fab if onscreen..

• All nits aside... "Magic Death Eye Stereo" just sounds better than any FX unit I already had. What else is even close to adding extra dimension to an IOS devices audio quality?

• edited May 2020

Christian wrote me. Boundless out today @Gavinski. Gooddamn monkey. I’ve throwed my money and just to play with it 10
    Minutes last night😂😂😂

• Oh wow, sorry to hear that for you, I'm super glad I held out! Thanks man. Is this really all that much better than the first one, do u guys think?

• edited May 2020

workaround - activate the hidden stuff first with cc save the cc tweaked (mid side etc) as a preset . no need for cc mapping after this its perma activated in that preset works perfect in AUM ( maybe other hosts dunno)

• @Gavinski said:
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that for you, I'm super glad I held out! Thanks man. Is this really all that much better than the first one, do u guys think?

Much better than the 1st one. An ideal mastering unit to pull forward the center of the mix and take rough edges off. I just keep playing my older AUM recordings through it and everything just sounds more polished.

It does consume a lot of CPU so it will likely be used as a final stage effect while mastering.
    What I've noticed is the CPU in AUM remains reasonable but GUI gestures in app create crackling.
    This was with 1-2 synths and FAC Alteza and Damgic Death Eye Stereo on a shared Mixdown bus for the 2
    instrument apps.

• edited May 2020

edit! got no clue how to link in the same thread but preset updated without distortion further in the thread

Death Eye Stereo extra stuff perma activated AUM preset - for you all DDMFs :)

there u go
    unzip it and drop in here

• Well then, I’ll report back soon

@noob said:
    Death Eye Stereo extra stuff perma activated AUM preset - for you all DDMFs :)

there u go

• tbh never shared AUM presets before dunno if it works

• The cc fix within AUM & @noobs preset are awesome, but for those of us who want to use this within Auria or Cubase a less fiddly solution would be cool. It's still real early, so Christian will iron it all out.

This really is a no brainier purchase. It's not as obviously coloring as the SSL Bus Compressor or even the PSP bus comp in Auria but it certainly has a very pleasing mojo.

• @JRSIV said:
    This really is a no brainier purchase. It's not as obviously coloring as the SSL Bus Compressor or even the PSP bus comp in Auria but it certainly has a very pleasing mojo.

We don't have an SSL Bus Compressor or PSP Bus Compressor in an AUv3 form factor... yet(?).

Do you think we might at some point see PSP, SSL or Waves making IOS plugins? Until then... this new DDMF product is in a class by itself.

Do any of the excellent Fab Filter or ToneBoosters FX'es get into this territory of coloring mixed with EQ and Dynamics shaping?

I should do some comparisons of the Nembrini PSA 1000 to see if it has similar coloring. It can get really nasty but does it do these warm saturations as well?

• Thanks so much @noob 👍👍👍

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Christian wrote me. Boundless out today @Gavinski. Gooddamn monkey. I’ve throwed my money and just to play with it 10
    Minutes last night😂😂😂

I need clarification- is there going to be some sort of bundle available??

• Why would you need a bundle with a mono and a stereo death eye? Are they not essentially the same product, and the new stereo version pretty much supplants the original?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Why would you need a bundle with a mono and a stereo death eye? Are they not essentially the same product, and the new stereo version pretty much supplants the original?

No they are supposed to be different, modelled on different hardware units. I think that the stereo version does gentler compression and is designed to go on a bus or the master.