Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magic deatheye DDMF compressor

Comments

• Does this have actual sidechain in AUM ?

• @jolico said:
    Does this have actual sidechain in AUM ?

No unfortunately. Their other comp (NYCompressor) has the sidechain so it will maybe be available one day...or not.

• edited May 2020

Looks like a update but different app is due to come out soon.

https://ddmf.eu/magicdeatheyestereo/

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like a update but different app is out.

I hope the oversampling options in the new plugin also make it into the original mono one too.

• Got all his apps and they are great.

Magic deatheye compressor is my comp to go on IOS. Maybe a little bit pricey (comparing with other compressors).

Hope this new of the magic series will not coat like 20 bucks or more but seeing pc version price I think this will be the price range😂

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like a update but different app is due to come out soon.

I know it's pricey, but I'm buying this the moment it releases on the Appstore. I use MDE when I master my tracks (whether on iPad or iPhone).

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Got all his apps and they are great.

Magic deatheye compressor is my comp to go on IOS. Maybe a little bit pricey (comparing with other compressors).

Hope this new of the magic series will not coat like 20 bucks or more but seeing pc version price I think this will be the price range😂

I bought it in last year’s BF sale.. Can’t believe how good it sounds. Not convinced I need a stereo version however.

• I’ll be buying it the minute it comes out, I use MDE on every single track I make. It sounds so incredible

• Until the new MagicDeathEye comes to iOS, here’s a Drambo mastering processor to play with.
    https://patchstorage.com/mastering-processor/

• edited May 2020

@jolico said:
    Until the new MagicDeathEye comes to iOS, here’s a Drambo mastering processor to play with.

Cool!
    Have you compared its sound to the current MDE on iOS?

• edited May 2020

dammit their webpage say the plugin is also available for iOS as a plugin in AUv3 format (stereo version)
    must be imminent

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:
    Until the new MagicDeathEye comes to iOS, here’s a Drambo mastering processor to play with.

Cool!

I wouldn’t dare compare it to MagicDeathEye. It took DDMF a year to match it to the hardware. :smile:

• I’m interested only if bundle available...

• @jolico said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

Cool!

I wouldn’t dare compare it to MagicDeathEye. It took DDMF a year to match it to the hardware. :smile:

Nothing is impossible. It's all DSP 😁

• edited May 2020

lol. good luck replicate it with drambo

• @rs2000 said:
    Nothing is impossible. It's all DSP 😁

Sure but DSP code wants a lot super fast math processing like you'd find near an Intel CPU
    or an NVidia Graphics co-processing card.

Drambo gives you prepackaged DSP modules that you then cobble together. Can it keep up with C processing to get the most from the hardware? Seems impossible to me.
    But don't stop trying to make something cool for us.

• @cuscolima said:
    I’m interested only if bundle available...

Same here😂

• edited May 2020

Just did a test in Ableton 10 - the stereo version eats alot of cpu but. that built in EQ.. omg it sounds amazing.
    try for yourself - demos on the webpage. https://ddmf.eu/downloads/

• Does anybody know when the iOS version will be available?

• This or TB Barricade?

• I think this chain will sound great:
    MagicDeathEye → NoLimits → Barricade (for the metering)

• edited May 2020

@TimRussell
    barricade got true peak limiting,comp,sat. this one got comp, sat ( the stereo model also adds eq) edit; highpass lowpass too

• edited May 2020

I remember somebody posting a joke video of a sound engineer a/b-ing sounds that were totally indistinguishable. Which is me saying I've seen videos of the Magic Deatheye, but the "magic" of it seems too subtle to detect when listening to YouTube-compressed audio.

• @TimRussell said:
    This or TB Barricade?

Barricade has more utility purposes but MDE can’t be matched for what it does

• edited May 2020

took the plunge.. wallet on fire.

• @noob said:

I think that’s the original mono one, not the new stereo one.

• @oat_phipps said:

@noob said:

I think that’s the original mono one, not the new stereo one.

Yes is the original

• edited May 2020

stereo not ios yet. played with em both on desktop- decided this oneknob thing works better for my taste
    btw its not mono. its stereo linked.

• The new one will add EQ circuits:

DDMF description:

What is it?
    The second product of the ongoing and very fruitful collaboration with MagicDeathEye is a faithful emulation of their stereo master buss compressor & equalizer. From the description of the hardware: “The stereo compressor is two mono compressor circuits with some extras designed for mastering and buss compression duties. This new version has an added EQ section. There are two (boost only) bands with two frequency selections each. The EQ is worked into the Variable Mu tube gain structure. This means it is not before or after the compression section, it is within it! The EQ circuit is inductor based and has wide curves for giving program material that “little something”. There is also a two frequency low cut for tightening up out of control bass. The boost of the bands can be 5dB or 3dB split between 5 steps. I spent a lot of time shaping this EQ mastering everyday and fine tuning the components on the weekends. It sounds absolutely fabulous!”

So apart from the second channel, which, unlike in its hardware role model, has already been added in the “mono” MDE plugin, we have an added EQ section here, and the compression curve is actually quite different from the mono version. If one would ask about the difference in purpose of the two, the mono compressor would usually go on individual tracks, while the stereo compressor, with its noticeably more gentle compression curve and the additional EQ options, would go on the master buss.

Of course, while trying to stay as close to the hardware as possible sound-wise, we have again taken the liberty to implement some additional goodies in the software plugin: the high frequency EQ can be applied to the full stereo field, the mid or the side signal only. Conversely, for the low frequency range, an optional elliptical filter on the side signal will be very helpful when mastering for vinyl. The amount of harmonic distortion can be varied from 0 to 100 percent, where 50 percent corresponds to the level of the hardware unit. In- and output gain can be linked. Finally, there is an option for 2- or even 4-fold oversampling within the plugin!

Clearly, this magnificent tube compressor is not just a slight variation of the mono model: while effortlessly demonstrating that smooth and musical MagicDeathEye signature sound, it has a different feel to it. The few fortunate people who were already able to score their own build of both the mono and the stereo version (they are hard to come by as Ian is building each and everyone of them by hand) will know what I’m talking about! For the rest of you, now is your chance to compare the two masterpieces in the box!