Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New shutterwax release

edited June 2 in Creations

As far as iOS goes, we used addictive synth for the pad in the bridge, as well as one of the Mellatron apps, I think Supermanetron.

Mic swap also played a big role in this one because the vocals were recorded on two Sennheiser handheld dynamic mics and the whole song is one performance. I really liked the energy that they had when they sang and so we didn’t want to re-cut the vocals, however there were some sound quality issues because Harvey was jumping around a lot while he was singing and so the mic did not stay in a consistent place. I believe I used a ribbon mic preset in MicSwap but I could be wrong. Finally, this past week I decided to re-amp the vocal tracks back through my 500 series preamps (Bart hrk colour preamp with the British console and 15ips colour modules and a neve copy) and a hardware compressor; that did the trick. The song was recorded about five years ago, but I could never get the mix together the way I liked. I’m pretty happy with the way this turned out now. I hope you enjoy it!

Sign In or Register to comment.