Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer UMC404HD MIDI Query

Hi
Does this unit transfer MIDI via its USB connection? Or via the MIDI out?
I have just bought one and connected a MIDI keyboard. The MIDI in indicator lights up when I am playing but not the MIDI out. It does not show up as a MIDI device in any of my apps.
I assumed MIDI was transferred via USB but am I wrong? If so what’s the point of having MIDI ports?!!
Thanks
Tim

Comments

• It does do these things, but in the iPad you have to TELL it how you want to route the MIDI ins and outs. I talk about it here, as well as in other videos of mine:

• Thanks Daveypoo. But surely it must be possible to use the Behringer’s MIDI ports without having to resort to complex, third-party software??!

• edited June 2019

@TimRussell said:
    It does not show up as a MIDI device in any of my apps.

Do you mean that the UMC404 is not showing up in your apps? Some apps have very poor settings / controls and basically just send to Network MIDI

If you mean that the keyboard doesn’t show up then that is the way things work! You just send midi out the MIDI port - and the iPad has no clue what is plugged in!

• @TimRussell said:
    Hi
    Does this unit transfer MIDI via its USB connection? Or via the MIDI out?
    I have just bought one and connected a MIDI keyboard. The MIDI in indicator lights up when I am playing but not the MIDI out. It does not show up as a MIDI device in any of my apps.
    I assumed MIDI was transferred via USB but am I wrong? If so what’s the point of having MIDI ports?!!
    Thanks
    Tim

If you give some more specifics, it would help.

What apps are you using?

Have you configured them to receive external MIDI?

Does the interface show up in your apps where you configure them?