Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 13

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Gaz doing his David Bellamy impressions!

GAZ Should get Apple's Lightning->SD-Card reader.
    That works without extra power on the iPhone 8 and all files can be seen, not just the pictures :)

• I just hope IK Multimedia are not too slow in providing AUV3 versions as IAA is now defunct! IIRC, iOS 13 (or iPadOS) has no further support for IAA.

• @pax-eterna said:
    I just hope IK Multimedia are not too slow in providing AUV3 versions as IAA is now defunct! IIRC, iOS 13 (or iPadOS) has no further support for IAA.

From what I read so far, this is simply not true.

• @pax-eterna said:
    I just hope IK Multimedia are not too slow in providing AUV3 versions as IAA is now defunct! IIRC, iOS 13 (or iPadOS) has no further support for IAA.

iOS13 still supports IAA, deprecated doesn't mean 'removed'.

• edited September 2019

oh okay, well that gives IK plenty of excuses to delay while they try to figure out a spin strategy to somehow charge exsiting licence owners a premuim for "upgrading" to AuV3 versions ;)

And deprecated whilst not exactly meaning defunct, does mean it is not being recommended to use, and again afaik, there will be no further support for it. So ipso facto it might as well be defunct!

• @pax-eterna said:
    oh okay, well that gives IK plenty of excuses to delay while they try to figure out a spin strategy to somehow charge exsiting licence owners a premuim for "upgrading" to AuV3 versions ;)

And deprecated whilst not exactly meaning defunct, does mean it is not being recommended to use, and again afaik, there will be no further support for it. So ipso facto it might as well be defunct!

Sometimes Apple has supported deprecated APIs and system calls for many years. I suspect enough developers are struggling to make the transition that IAA will be around for a while. Heck 13.1 has a fix for an IAA bug introduced in 12.4.

• @Samu said:

@CracklePot said:

@Samu said:
    iPadOS will drop on 30th of September, apparently it's the iPhone that is out now (installing too).

Just got moved up to September 24th, it seems.

Goodie, so far no issues with the music apps I use on my iPhone 8 :)

GarageBand, Figure, iKaossilator, GrooveBox, TwistedWave, AudioShare, AUM, apeMatrix, AudioBus 3(seldom), Poison-202, KQ Dixie, Squareynth 2, Model D, Model 15, Phase 84, iMPC Pro 2, Koala, Reson Compact, FAC Bandit, FAC Chorus, FAC Maxima, BLEASS Delay, BLEASS Reverb, Spectrum, RoughRider 2, FuzzPlus3, Rozeta, Aton, KB-1, BeBot, nanoloop, KQ UNOTone, AudioCopy and midi LFOs.

So for the iPhone 8 as far as I'm concerned it's a GO! :)

Looking forward to next Tuesday then!

Hi Samu! Thanks for the info. I also have an iPhone 8. Do you use roland and korg apps on it. If so, can you tell me if Roland Sound Canvas and Korg apps work well on ios 13.

• @pax-eterna said:

For some even in this thread IAA is working better with iOS13 than before...
    So it might be that some bugs will still get fixed but no further new features or additions.

It's like OpenGL ES on iOS, it is also deprecated but apps still work, here Apples recommendation is to use Metal instead.
    For IAA it's AUV3, for OpenGL ES it's Metal.

I wouldn't honestly worry too much...

• @joaoluiz14 said:

Hi Samu! Thanks for the info. I also have an iPhone 8. Do you use roland and korg apps on it. If so, can you tell me if Roland Sound Canvas and Korg apps work well on ios 13.

iKaossilator still works like before, don't have SoundCanvas installed at the moment but it will most likely work just as before.

• @Samu said:

@joaoluiz14 said:

iKaossilator still works like before, don't have SoundCanvas installed at the moment but it will most likely work just as before.

Thank you Samu. I was a little worried after reading at both Roland and Korg sites advising to not upgrade to ios 13.

• But unfortunately IAA can only have one instance in something like AUM Mixer, and the app state can not be saved. NOw if you are at home and only need to use one app at a time then it won't matter. But when needing to combine several apps without the time to go into each app to manually change presets, well that's a different thing. Both of these things (instances and app state save) are the opposite for AuV3 so yeah, imo, AuV3 is where it needs to be.

FWIW, everyone I have spoken with have STRONGLY recommended to wait for iOS 13.1

• @BiancaNeve good news! The Korg microkey air works! I was able to use Bluetooth no problem with Ravenscroft (very short and limited demo). So I’m still good. I don’t have a nanokey to try though.

However, the 3-finger copy/paste issue is still there when trying to play keyboards...@Faland @Pierre118 I know this isn’t iPad OS but looks like this may have slipped through the cracks for iOS 13

• Apple is bumping things up, iPhone Pro was supposed to arrive on Monday now I'm getting updates it will be here tomorrow. Guess I can see why iOS 13 is out early!

• @mjcouche said:
    @BiancaNeve good news! The Korg microkey air works! I was able to use Bluetooth no problem with Ravenscroft (very short and limited demo). So I’m still good. I don’t have a nanokey to try though.

However, the 3-finger copy/paste issue is still there when trying to play keyboards...@Faland @Pierre118 I know this isn’t iPad OS but looks like this may have slipped through the cracks for iOS 13

nanoKey Studio not connecting on my iPhone w/iOS 13. My Roli block works just fine...but, it’s no go with the Korg.😕

• @Samu said:

@joaoluiz14 said:

My iKaossilator is really messed up. The graphics are all out of wack on iOS 13! The record and play buttons are just blank white squares...even after deleting and reinstalling.

• @thatguysmitty said:

@Samu said:

@joaoluiz14 said:

My iKaossilator is really messed up. The graphics are all out of wack on iOS 13! The record and play buttons are just blank white squares...even after deleting and reinstalling.

What iPhone model?

Directly after installation finished I checked all my music apps I have installed on my iPhone 8, otherwise. Wouldn’t have posted :)

• @Samu said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@Samu said:

@joaoluiz14 said:

What iPhone model?

Directly after installation finished I checked all my music apps I have installed on my iPhone 8, otherwise. Wouldn’t have posted :)

On iPhone 6s, iKaossilator screwed up graphics here too.

• @pax-eterna said:

No ipso facto, it will probably still work for years to come.

• @yaknepper said:

On iPhone 6s, iKaossilator screwed up graphics here too.

Oh, sorry to hear that :(

iOS13.1 will be out next Tuesday already so I hope it fixes it for you all...
    For me it's been and is a smooth ride on the iPhone 8.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I upgraded my 6s last night, have tried a few apps...no problems found so far....

All the Ampify apps all working fine, including loading as IAA in AUM.

Lumbeat apps all working fine.

Gadget gives prompt asking for access to BT for BT Midi when starting, don't have any BT MIDI devices to try, but assuming the Korg ones won't work as per Korgs info.

Electribe Wave works fine.

Troublemaker works fine.

The new volume control is quite nice :)

• edited September 2019

on iOS 13 (in my case...) Animoog for iPhone is broken.....messed up UI and unresponsive and no sound....
    hope it will get a fix....

ios 13
    iphone 8 plus

• @Samu said:

What iPhone model?

6s plus.

• @Jurri said:
    on iOS 13 (in my case...) Animoog for iPhone is broken.....messed up UI and unresponsive and no sound....

ios 13
    iphone 8 plus

Same here.

• I develop business software. While it differs from music software there are many parallels. Many code platforms deprecate features but they continue be a part of that platform. It seldom means it is going away. It normally means that they won't update said feature/app code. There are exceptions but I wouldn't be too concerned.

• Yay, the Apple Lightning->SD-Card reader works like a charm on my iPhone 8.

But most of my USB Memory Sticks require the CCK3 with extra power connected...

One stick that works without is the Sandisk iXpandDrive using the regular Lightning->USB adapter and well, directly with the lightning port to but I do NOT like the Sandisk iXpand Software...
    (Why is it that companies that make somewhat good hardware suck at making good software?!).

iOS13.1 will be out next Tuesday so another round of updates await :)

• @Samu said:
    Yay, the Apple Lightning->SD-Card reader works like a charm on my iPhone 8.

But most of my USB Memory Sticks require the CCK3 with extra power connected...

One stick that works without is the Sandisk iXpandDrive using the regular Lightning->USB adapter and well, directly with the lightning port to but I do NOT like the Sandisk iXpand Software...
    (Why is it that companies that make somewhat good hardware suck at making good software?!).

iOS13.1 will be out next Tuesday so another round of updates await :)

Cool, not tried my non-branded one from ebay yet, am hoping to be able to send samples straight to the Electribe sampler using this :)

• @Jurri said:

ios 13
    iPhone 8 Plus

Animoog works fine here on the XR, iKaossilator is messed up on the graphic side of things..

• @Andrik said:

No ipso facto, it will probably still work for years to come.

Didn't say it woudn't!! Just it would not be supported.

• Is it me, or is battery life seems to be greatly improved in ios13?