Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Photography Gurus: Settings on iPhone

iPhone XS
What settings do you recommend that I can catch a photo say of his tongue clearly?
Is there a speed setting or something pertinent in my settings or config?

Photography illiterate..and admit it..

Comments

• edited June 2019

Tap on the tongue before taking the picture to set the focusing area.
    That's all :smiley:

If you want the whole guy in focus then search online for "iPhone XS" and "Depth of field".

• Its way easier with a DSLR :)
    But haven’t apple like Huawai now some sort of after shot focus? So you can „change the aperture“ after the shot is taken?
    I think I remembered something I saw on a Keynote.

• @david_2017 said:
    Its way easier with a DSLR :)
    But haven’t apple like Huawai now some sort of after shot focus? So you can „change the aperture“ after the shot is taken?

They have a feature to blur the background- don’t think it would help in this case

• As that guy probably moves too quickly in order to set the focus on the tongue, it's probably best to lock the focus on a certain distance prior to making a photo. To do that, find a spot on a structured wall or something (it can't be plain white -- it needs structure), then move the camera to the same distance you expect the tongue to be later, then tap and HOLD on the preview in the camera app until the focus rectangle flashes and says "AF/AE lock". Now your exposure and focus is locked to that distance and light level. Now, make a photo of that guy.

That is using the stock camera app. It's infinitely easier with a "real" app that has actual manual settings for everything. I recommend ProCamera:

https://www.procamera-app.com/en/

• @SevenSystems said:
    As that guy probably moves too quickly in order to set the focus on the tongue, it's probably best to lock the focus on a certain distance prior to making a photo. To do that, find a spot on a structured wall or something (it can't be plain white -- it needs structure), then move the camera to the same distance you expect the tongue to be later, then tap and HOLD on the preview in the camera app until the focus rectangle flashes and says "AF/AE lock". Now your exposure and focus is locked to that distance and light level. Now, make a photo of that guy.

That is using the stock camera app. It's infinitely easier with a "real" app that has actual manual settings for everything. I recommend ProCamera:

Good point. And when you lock your focus, try to imitate the lighting conditions to the actual photo you wanna take, because the AF/AE lock means locking both, focus AND exposure. Yeah with these kind of apps you can handle both settings serpeatly and come a long way... even with phones :)

• @BiancaNeve said:

@david_2017 said:
    Its way easier with a DSLR :)

They have a feature to blur the background- don’t think it would help in this case

Ok I recalled a thing I saw on a huawaii (its not spelled correctly isn’t it :)) which was adjusting the focus after shooting... but you know... no iOS on there :(

• edited June 2019

@david_2017 said:

@SevenSystems said:
    As that guy probably moves too quickly in order to set the focus on the tongue, it's probably best to lock the focus on a certain distance prior to making a photo. To do that, find a spot on a structured wall or something (it can't be plain white -- it needs structure), then move the camera to the same distance you expect the tongue to be later, then tap and HOLD on the preview in the camera app until the focus rectangle flashes and says "AF/AE lock". Now your exposure and focus is locked to that distance and light level. Now, make a photo of that guy.

Good point. And when you lock your focus, try to imitate the lighting conditions to the actual photo you wanna take, because the AF/AE lock means locking both, focus AND exposure. Yeah with these kind of apps you can handle both settings serpeatly and come a long way... even with phones :)

Yep the level of quality and control you can get with today's phone cameras is really quite amazing. Interesting that when you walk around, you still see (it even seems to be getting worse) John Doe (and even more often, Jane Doe) walk around with their huge DSLR with a 2 meter long lens, taking pictures of their doggy. :)

• If you have the new iPhone then you’ll have the best chance. Possibly use burst mode. Pro Camera as mentioned is great. As well as Halide.

• Pro Camera is very useful for ambitious iPhone photographers! 👍

• I find Halide is a good mix of features and ease of use.

• If you use the Huawei, you’ll get the most perfect shot of the lizard that ever existed. Not just that lizard, but a better lizard, the best lizard of all – dinosaurs! The Huawei will replace your own attempt with the best dinosaur ever photographed.

• @rs2000 said:
    Tap on the tongue before taking the picture to set the focusing area.
    That's all :smiley:

If you want the whole guy in focus then search online for "iPhone XS" and "Depth of field".

Thank you!

• @SevenSystems said:

@david_2017 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Yep the level of quality and control you can get with today's phone cameras is really quite amazing. Interesting that when you walk around, you still see (it even seems to be getting worse) John Doe (and even more often, Jane Doe) walk around with their huge DSLR with a 2 meter long lens, taking pictures of their doggy. :)

LOL

• @Tarekith said:
    I find Halide is a good mix of features and ease of use.

Thanks man
    ~

• @u0421793 said:
    If you use the Huawei, you’ll get the most perfect shot of the lizard that ever existed. Not just that lizard, but a better lizard, the best lizard of all – dinosaurs! The Huawei will replace your own attempt with the best dinosaur ever photographed.

From experience.....

• @SevenSystems said:

What’s wrong with people wanting to enjoy a hobby (photography) at a higher level using the best tool for the job. People need practice and doggy is as good as any other subject.

• @ecou said:

@SevenSystems said:

What’s wrong with people wanting to enjoy a hobby (photography) at a higher level using the best tool for the job. People need practice and doggy is as good as any other subject.

Maybe. The vast majority of "Doggy DSLR shooters" I've met though had their camera "always on auto" and to me it seems like they saw it more as a fashion accessory than a passion. But maybe I'm just way too critical ;)

• What you are saying is very possible. But I don’t hang in those circle so I would not know . Lol

• Focus stacking via depth data?