Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Boog! Using the Behringer Model D in apeMatrix - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

It's that time again - this time with hardware!

Comments

• Cool!
    I didn't know it has a high pass filter too! :o
    Imagine, a few years back you barely got a Minimoog hardware MIDI controller for the price.

• edited June 2019

BTW, when you compare with other apps, make sure you have a look at the Viking and Mood synths! It's what I've used as great-sounding alternatives until Moog have fixed the ADSR trigger bug, and I might stick with them (Viking for its fast UI and Mood for its incredible synthesis power).

• Hey @Daveypoo. Thorough job, thanks. I love the “here’s how I hooked this up” stuff.
    Couple of questions: what iPad model are you using there and are you able to get a good, hot vocal signal from the behringer interface? Last one a little OT, sorry.

• edited June 2019

@Ben said:
    Couple of questions: what iPad model are you using there and are you able to get a good, hot vocal signal from the behringer interface? Last one a little OT, sorry.

I am using a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9".

Getting a nice loud audio signal through the UMC404HD is tough without distorting. Lately I've been using Amazing Noises' Limiter in the signal path to get it more in line with the soft synths in the iPad.

Thanks for watching everyone!

• edited June 2019
  • Giving it a Sunday bump...

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Very nice !

Fred - couldn't have made this without your wonderful chorus. Love that app!

• @Daveypoo said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Very nice !

Fred - couldn't have made this without your wonderful chorus. Love that app!

Thank you, really appreciated 🙏🏼✨

• @Daveypoo said:
    Lately I've been using Amazing Noises' Limiter in the signal path to get it more in line with the soft synths in the iPad.

Try the DDMF NYCompressor for the cleanest IOS gain boost possible, IMHO. Limiter works well but adds too much coloring for my taste. My only complaint is the size of the NYCompressor gain knob on an iPhone 5S. I wonder if it's exposed in an AU Parameter so I could map a control to it. (NOTE TO SELF: Check that out).

• @McD said:

>

Try the DDMF NYCompressor for the cleanest IOS gain boost possible, IMHO. Limiter works well but adds too much coloring for my taste. My only complaint is the size of the NYCompressor gain knob on an iPhone 5S. I wonder if it's exposed in an AU Parameter so I could map a control to it. (NOTE TO SELF: Check that out).

I don't have any of the DDMF apps... I've not really explored what other options I have with what I've got but I dig the saturation sound of Limiter and have been using it all over the place lately.