Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music for a Pending Loss "Airlock Requiem"

McDMcD
edited May 2019 in Creations

I discovered "Stravinski" is free now and combined with the new Numerical Audio SF-1 Stereo Performance Filter I went somewhere to think and this came back with me:

Synths used are LayR, iSymphonic and Bassalicious 2 with Axon 2 (Minimal in A Minor) to match the scale of Stravinski's generated parts.

Comments

• @McD said:
    I discovered "Stravinski" is free now and combined with the new Numerical Audio SF-1 Stereo Performance Filter I went somewhere to think and this came back with me:

Synths used are LayR, iSymphonic and Bassalicious 2 with Axon 2 (Minimal in A Minor) to match the scale of Stravinski's generated parts.

Quite unsettling. Excellent title also.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Quite unsettling. Excellent title also.

Thank you for listening. It's pretty damn bleak all right. I've been trying to learn to play less and it's harder than I expected. I find using a generator to choose the notes and doing some real time mastering helps teach me to listen and not just ramble on. I set the Stravinski app at a very low level of complexity and set its internal BPM at 20. Then I pointed it at 3 different apps and transposed 1 of them down 2 octaves for some earth rumbling bass which isn't usually included in my shit.

I think I might now turn to using MIDI to play some lines that I couldn't master in 20 years... maybe with
    some sequences of 2 and 3 notes groupings like a lot of Balkan music. Did anyone catch Don Ellis and his survey of bulgarian based big band jazz? The drummer in his band went on to play with Zappa and encouraged Zappa to write similarly complex time signatures that required weeks to rehearse for the band to master. Ta-ke-ta, ta-ka, ta-ka, Ta-ke-ta, Ta-ke-ta... 13/8.

• Nice work McD. Dark brooding atmosphere in this track

• This is beautiful. I listened to it in the decompression chamber. Send me the track and I will add a haunting lead long before I get my oboe track from you.

• @LinearLineman said:
    This is beautiful. I listened to it in the decompression chamber. Send me the track and I will add a haunting lead long before I get my oboe track from you.

I think you might like this new SF-1 Stereo Performance Filter app for your work. It has some infinite
    knob options but the presets are instantly useful and make a good starting point. Doug has a demo video
    up that I have on my list. I've been in the creative desert for 40 days and the I hit 2 sleepless nights and
    got 2 really dark projects out.