Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STEREO DESIGNER - New app by HoldernessMedia

@HoldernessMedia Posted this video of a forthcoming app onto YouTube today.

Comments

• Well, here's another app I'm going to HAVE to get! :-)

• @SppokyZoo You've been dubbed Eagle Eye on Discord. Lol

• @mgmg4871 said:

@SppokyZoo You've been dubbed Eagle Eye on Discord. Lol

Haha, yes he saw it right away in the video before I even noticed it!

• Nice looking app, but what did you use to make the actual track?, it sounds great.

• @mgmg4871 ha, nice. Look Ma....I'm on the news! :)

• I'll use to listen finally in stereo the e-lesson of my teacher that he stupidly recorded in mono only in the left channel...

• @Muzetech said:

Nice looking app, but what did you use to make the actual track?, it sounds great.

I always use a bunch of iOS apps and live instrumentation for all my music, either by recording directly from the iPad into Ableton or exporting from AudioShare to Dropbox. I've always done final arrangement, mix and mastering in Ableton and Logic but when I start on my new album this year I'll be working mostly in iOS for everything.

This particular track in the video I used:

• Audiobus (of course)
    • Echo Pad
      (Most of the delays in the mix, plus I recorded a lot of the loops and exported to AudioShare, then import to Ableton. Live guitars were also recorded through Echo Pad.)

• Orphion through Echo Pad

• DrumJam through Echo Pad
      (hang drum and another one of the percussion instruments that I can't remember the name of at the moment. These were played live into Ableton. I added additional percussion programmatically in Ableton, pitch shifting some of the hang drum notes to achieve the melody which isn't possible using the hang drum alone in DrumJam.)

• Magellan through Echo Pad for many of the synth sounds
      (usually recorded live directly into Ableton. I rarely use MIDI for anything anymore as I find manipulating audio much more flexible.)

• live percussion recorded directly into Ableton including tambourine, clacking drumsticks together, probably some other non-instruments used to make clicks and clacks as I do that a lot.

• live guitar (processed through Echo Pad and recorded live into Ableton)

The rest of the beat and programming I do in Ableton by hand by cutting, pasting and manipulating audio. I don't normally use MIDI or Ableton's native sampler plugins as I prefer to work directly with clips in the timeline.

• Nice! This is a simple concept that will see a lot of performance use!

• @eyeballjackson said:

Nice! This is a simple concept that will see a lot of performance use!

Thank you sir!

• @HoldernessMedia thanks for your detailed response. I'm usually just as impressed with your music as I am with your app development skills. Looking forward to your album.

• @Muzetech said:

@HoldernessMedia thanks for your detailed response. I'm usually just as impressed with your music as I am with your app development skills. Looking forward to your album.

:) I'm hoping to find time soon and get started on some new tracks, I've been too busy to to work on music like I want/need to.

• @HoldernessMedia, I thought I recognized that Hang :) Incidentally, you can play the DrumJam pad instruments via midi, so you could use any controller to play a melody...

• @sonosaurus said:

@HoldernessMedia, I thought I recognized that Hang :) Incidentally, you can play the DrumJam pad instruments via midi, so you could use any controller to play a melody...

Ahhh, of course! I didn't even think to try that as I'm so accustomed to pitch shifting the audio in Ableton's timeline. I'll have to try controlling DrumJam from my Roland TD-6 kit!

• The drum kits have fixed bindings that are as close to GM as possible, so the TD-6 should work ok by default (I assume). The pitched instruments are just standard, of course.

• @sonosaurus said:

The drum kits have fixed bindings that are as close to GM as possible, so the TD-6 should work ok by default (I assume). The pitched instruments are just standard, of course.

Cool, thanks. I'll have some time to play around with after NAMM hopefully.

• Just wanted to say that it is great to see Devs communicating on this forum.

Will buy this when I upgrade to iOS 7.

• I own all HoldernessMedia's apps, and Im planning to keep that status!

Sounds awesome!