Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SF-1 Stereo Filter by Kai Aras

2»

Comments

• @Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

Edit: just been looking at filterstation’s manual and I can’t see any reference to automation, other than that controlled by the host. I’m using AUM, so that type of automation wouldn’t work. Does filterstation have its own in-built parameter automation, like sf-1? I can’t find it at the moment. Apologies if I’m being fick!

It's got an LFO's and Envelope followers just like SF-1 but no 'path recording'.
    Personally I'm starting to like apeMatrix in favour of AUM for certain tasks, especially modulation.

Using Rozeta LFO it's quite easy to route modulation in AUM too.

I may end up getting SF-1 at one point as the UI is a bit mor yummy than the AD stuff.
    But some of the numerical apps do not scale nicely on the iPhone with overlapping controllers...

Then again I'm more and more treating the iPhone as a 'field recorder' rather than 'full blown do everything' device, that's what I've got the iPad for :)

Thanks, Samu. Yes, I do really like sf-1’s ‘path recording’ - good way of putting it, btw. You know, I want to love ApeMatrix but it always seems more ‘faffy’ than AUM, and in the past I’ve experienced problems with it, such as au’s Not loading, or loading once but then failing to load upon re-opening a project. In the end, I just went to bm3, then cubasis, and now am back using AUM again. Nanostudio2 looks good, too, but as a learner rather than a seasoned musician, I find I love the ease of setting up jamming sessions in AUM, using Korg control studio and the other Korg controller for controlling synths (I forget what it’s called now - you know the one, I’m sure). Maybe I’ll dip into ApeMatrix one more time - thanks for the heads up.

• skiphunt: I do the same live (and when not live too:)
    electronica is too sterile most of the times nowadays.
    this plug is a good one...:)

• Kai playing with his new creation :)

• It crashes in GarageBand every time I try and open the GUI.

• @richardyot said:
    It crashes in GarageBand every time I try and open the GUI.

Yeah, that one slipped through, sorry about that. It's fixed already though, an update should be out sometime this week. If everything goes well iPhone support will be included as well.

• @skiphunt said:
    Kai playing with his new creation :)

that was fun :smiley:

• @ka010 said:

@richardyot said:
    It crashes in GarageBand every time I try and open the GUI.

Yeah, that one slipped through, sorry about that. It's fixed already though, an update should be out sometime this week. If everything goes well iPhone support will be included as well.

Great - thanks.

• It‘s free atm.

Nice, Kai!

• @Knoepfe said:
    It‘s free atm.

Nice, Kai!

http://numericalaudio.com/sale/

• Woah, nice one, Kai! Thanks!

• Big thanks @Kai aras
    Really generous of you
    Hope you stay safe
    Good luck for the future

• yeah, thank you, Kai

• Ohh iPad only . Well, Thank you, anyway!

• Just wanna say thank you for making this free for a limited time. I bought your modulated delay app a few days ago and have to say that it’s bloody fun.

• I already own SF-1 but I wanna thank Kay Aras the same for his generosity in this evil period. 👍

• @ka010 Heads up the the midi/AU param mapping seems to be messed up. Mapping knobs to cutoff freq for example is totally non-liner. Very low ratio movement at top and impossible to use ratio at the bottom...

Can you make mapping just 1:1 please?

• Thanks guys! I hope you're having a great time with it! If you like it and want to help out, leaving a short review or even just a rating goes a long way!

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @ka010 Heads up the the midi/AU param mapping seems to be messed up. Mapping knobs to cutoff freq for example is totally non-liner. Very low ratio movement at top and impossible to use ratio at the bottom...

Hmm, the cutoff knob isn't supposed to be linear but let me check that real quick maybe there's something else going on.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @ka010 Heads up the the midi/AU param mapping seems to be messed up. Mapping knobs to cutoff freq for example is totally non-liner. Very low ratio movement at top and impossible to use ratio at the bottom...

Alright, it seems if you map it from within the plugin it works fine but if you do it via AUM's mapping it doesn't adjust the scaling. I assume you did it via AUM, is that correct?

• edited May 2020

@ka010

Is it possible to make SF-1 sync to host?

Edit.

It would be cool to have the LFO's start
    with the transport rather than freewheel.

• @ka010 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Alright, it seems if you map it from within the plugin it works fine but if you do it via AUM's mapping it doesn't adjust the scaling. I assume you did it via AUM, is that correct?

Si! Midi mapping into apps and managing that routing is a pain. Always causes conflicts and gets confusing..

• Reviewed *****

@ka010 said:
    Thanks guys! I hope you're having a great time with it! If you like it and want to help out, leaving a short review or even just a rating goes a long way!

• Oops, reviewed for MM-1 / I unfortunately don’t have this app yet

• @ka010
    Love the app!! Thanks so much for making it! it was Just what i was looking for.. im new to this form and not sure where to post this...

the app was working fine last week or so.. then i tried this week and it will not open.. iOS 13.3.1

• @BongoJak said:
    @ka010
    Love the app!! Thanks so much for making it! it was Just what i was looking for.. im new to this form and not sure where to post this...

the app was working fine last week or so.. then i tried this week and it will not open.. iOS 13.3.1

I did get an email about this a couple of days ago was that you by any chance? I tried to reproduce but so far wasn'T able to. Is it the standalone or AUv3 that wont load, or both even?

• In Auria Pro the Auv3 GUI shows for a second and goes black. Anybody else?

iPad Pro 10.5 second gen.