2»

Comments

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:
    mpc live+model samples makes a great mocktatrack
    more accessible while retaining the core

Nice play

A tip a friend of mine gave re: using the MPC Live as an OT replacement is that it works great with a small USB fader plugged right in , you can do some octatracky stuff with that and some clever midi larnin

Very good info!

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I bought my Octatrack to use as a looper, after hearing several Soundcloud tracks posted by a guitarist who was using one. The sequencer was more of an annoyance to put up with than an essential part of my music-making. Needless to say, my motivations/inspiration was quite different from the OP's.

So you like it then?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    What about djs1000 or Force?
    For me octa, mpclive, Force and djs1000 are the nearest things to Ableton in a box.

Dean at Electsounds not digging Force by his response to me...seems to in a box ironically as it is not in a box well I guess it is in a way...WTF

LOL

• edited May 31

@RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I bought my Octatrack to use as a looper, after hearing several Soundcloud tracks posted by a guitarist who was using one. The sequencer was more of an annoyance to put up with than an essential part of my music-making. Needless to say, my motivations/inspiration was quite different from the OP's.

So you like it then?

I like it. I'm not sure you will though.

A lot of my fun on it has been looping my string instruments with it, then resampling from the loops and wreaking all kinds of havoc w/ the audio mangling. Whereas I guess you're just looking for a sampling drum machine or something? It's not the first product I'd recommend if you're just looking to make quick beats w/ drums, bass line... the usual stuff.

I plan to dig into it's Arranger feature, which is the OT's "song mode", as my next area of study. This is more of a "well, I already have this thing, let's see what else I can do with it" kind of thing.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, do you care if your hypothetical groove box has a song mode? Elektron boxes priced at the Analog Four level and higher have it. The cheaper ones don't.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    What about djs1000 or Force?
    For me octa, mpclive, Force and djs1000 are the nearest things to Ableton in a box.

Dean at Electsounds not digging Force by his response to me...seems to in a box ironically as it is not in a box well I guess it is in a way...WTF

LOL

I didn’t understand... but glad to see you enjoying :V

• @kobamoto said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:
    mpc live+model samples makes a great mocktatrack
    more accessible while retaining the core

Nice play

A tip a friend of mine gave re: using the MPC Live as an OT replacement is that it works great with a small USB fader plugged right in , you can do some octatracky stuff with that and some clever midi larnin

sweet tip, have any recommendations?

@kobamoto I’ll have to hit my bud up and see what his specifics were. .... and 5 mins later I send him message. I’ll let u know when/if he gets back to me about da kine