Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What Superstitious (or obsessive) Routines Do You Engage In Making Music?

I just did one.. when I my iPad does not do what I tell it I always go to settings and refresh the wifi connection, even if it is perfectly fine. Ridiculous. Also, when changing plugins, I always switch to "no instrument" first and then to the plugin. Why? It's a mystery.

And you?

Comments

• I do the 'clear the ram thing' quite often just in case...

• Sacrifices, mostly. And libations, of course.

• How about Jakob Haq's obsessive screen wiping? (I know it's probably for the camera, but sloppy Doug's must be full of prints and I never see any). Just joking, Jakob!

• I keep turning up the volume because I think I'll make better music then :D

• Ummm.... tapping the send button like a Pavlovian chicken (and refreshing my wifi connection) when posting to the forum and get that whirly thing,

• edited May 2019

"What Superstitious (or obsessive) Routines Do You Engage In Making Music?"

There's a maypole in the village decorated with painted sheep skulls and crows gizzards. Before recording a new track I don my fake Dalek helmet, drop my trousers and run around it three times, anti-clockwise screaming "I'M READY DAVROS!".

Well you did ask.

• @MonzoPro, must be difficult to run around that phallus symbol with your pants around your ankles. Video, please!

• Sure you want to see that?

• edited May 2019

I pat my Lulu cat, hug and thank her profusely for letting me finish a project :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MonzoPro, must be difficult to run around that phallus symbol with your pants around your ankles. Video, please!

Working on it..

• Always chew on an old chopstick when I’m recording guitar or singing.

• edited May 2019

Light switch to the beat.

• edited May 2019

@AudioGus, best one so far. Made me laugh out loud!

• edited May 2019

Ask myself
    WWJPD?

What Would Jimmy Page Do?
    Lock doors.
    Gather materials.