Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-Xd by Jorge Reales

Comments

• I just bought and I got the Auv3 version. The Canadian store is always slow, workout in my favor for once.

I loaded and cubasis and I’m saving preset using cubasis Auv3 preset management.

• @DCJ said:

@Carnbot said:
    I decided to buy it before the AUv3 was removed out of curiosity since I liked the desktop version. And yeah I'm actually not disappointed, This is going to be good. :)

I managed to get the AU window in the correct position and AUM remembers it so that helps, I haven't found any other issues yet and it's sounding great. I think removing the AU in the next update is a bad move because this is working better than the Standalone for me. So I'm not updating until that comes back :)

So it is possible to use in AUM if you get the window in this shape.

>

You have an iPad Pro, correct? This solution doesn’t seem to work for all iPads. I don’t have enough screen space to get them lined up.

This is pretty disappointing. I’m sure the dev will fix everything but this was all pretty avoidable.

Yeah 12.9, that’s a shame. Agree it should have been avoided.
    The other thing you could do is map all the AU parameters to an app like Mozaic, not something you should have to do, but at least it would be possible to use the AU that way.

• Can I control this with KB-1, some other iOS keyboard or at least with a sequencer App?

I do not refer to the AU version which seems to be buggy, but to the standalone...

• @tja said:
    Can I control this with KB-1, some other iOS keyboard or at least with a sequencer App?

I do not refer to the AU version which seems to be buggy, but to the standalone...

There are no settings in the app to select midi sources. The app does not show as a destination in any other app.

• @DCJ said:

@tja said:
    Can I control this with KB-1, some other iOS keyboard or at least with a sequencer App?

There are no settings in the app to select midi sources. The app does not show as a destination in any other app.

Now... this is not much :D

Many thanks!

• I’ve just tried to access my DiscoDSP account only to find out I’ve got to pay €29 just to access my software, I couldn’t access them for quite some time previously because the site was down and George disappeared, very disappointed.

• On any iPad 9.7 in AU, the layout is completely unusable. Also, don't get the logic of removing AU despite this since standalone has no settings. Not off to a great start and unpolished alpha release, compared to what we're used to.

• edited May 2019

I advise not updating the app until it's put back, AU is usable and can be controlled by the AU parameters if you take the time to midi learn them to controllers. Not ideal, but at least the audio engine seems to be in good shape. :)

• Lets hear some riffs you guys made already!

• @gusgranite said:
    I just made a Drexiya sound out of it.
    I’m keeping it.

I’ve bought it but need auv3. Cant wait to get something Drexiya-like out of it 🙂

• Over at kvr there are some enlightening threads about George Reales going on...
    Saved me from spending money

• @dermichl said:
    Over at kvr there are some enlightening threads about George Reales going on...

Damn... after reading through some of those I can see your point. Super sketchy.

• @dermichl said:

@legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

Damn... after reading through some of those I can see your point. Super sketchy.

Yes, let’s hope George shows up here then he can email me my updates and explain himself.

Until then George, DiscoDSP, gets no money from me.

• @legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

Tried searching there. Found nothing. What's being mentioned?

• @knewspeak said:

@dermichl said:

@legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

Yes, let’s hope George shows up here then he can email me my updates and explain himself.

Oh, dear. I’m going to have to check this out. I bought the app earlier but it’s absolute pants because it simply doesn’t work at all. Ok, so there’s no auv3 yet - not too concerned as long as it’s coming. But the gui on my iPad Pro 2018 is ridiculously out of whack, to the point that it’s unusable - it’s not even really viewable. But for most people it’s unusable anyway because it’s got no keyboard and you can’t link one to it (e.g. kB-1, ChordPolyPad, etc.). How in the world did this even get accepted in the App Store. I was under the impression that there’s some process involving quality control, but there can’t be if this thing gets through it. Right, off to kvr...

• I can find it either... but if you are in scary mood, goto reportaproblem.apple.com and bring it back

• @audio_DT said:

@knewspeak said:

@dermichl said:

@legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

Oh, dear. I’m going to have to check this out. I bought the app earlier but it’s absolute pants because it simply doesn’t work at all. Ok, so there’s no auv3 yet - not too concerned as long as it’s coming. But the gui on my iPad Pro 2018 is ridiculously out of whack, to the point that it’s unusable - it’s not even really viewable. But for most people it’s unusable anyway because it’s got no keyboard and you can’t link one to it (e.g. kB-1, ChordPolyPad, etc.). How in the world did this even get accepted in the App Store. I was under the impression that there’s some process involving quality control, but there can’t be if this thing gets through it. Right, off to kvr...

Sorry to confuse the issues, I was referring to the Desktop plugins and DiscoDSP’s recent policy.

This is the KVR thread,

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=525951

• edited May 2019

@knewspeak said:

@audio_DT said:

@knewspeak said:

@dermichl said:

@legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

Sorry to confuse the issues, I was referring to the Desktop plugins and DiscoDSP’s recent policy.

This is the KVR thread,

That‘s not exactly the thread i was refering to. It was more about two other threads featuring the dev going out of whack...

edit: As i learned the hard way: do never ever assume a feature will be added for sure!!! Buy an app only for what it does right now. If it does not work as advertised report a problem and demand a refund.

• How about we just post a link to the thread eh? eh?

• @dermichl said:

@knewspeak said:

@audio_DT said:

@knewspeak said:

@dermichl said:

@legsmechanical said:

@dermichl said:

This is the KVR thread,

That‘s not exactly the thread i was refering to. It was more about two other threads featuring the dev going out of whack...

edit: As i learned the hard way: do never ever assume a feature will be added for sure!!! Buy an app only for what it does right now. If it does not work as advertised report a problem and demand a refund.

I assume you don’t upgrade-update your OS.

• @knewspeak said:

This is the KVR thread,

Thanks... Btw, I was starting to guess it was regarding to the cloud thingie. But things go way deeper and nastier! :cry:

• @senhorlampada said:

@knewspeak said:

This is the KVR thread,

Thanks... Btw, I was starting to guess it was regarding to the cloud thingie. But things go way deeper and nastier! :cry:

Surreal behaviour for sure, never seen anything like it.

• edit: As i learned the hard way: do never ever assume a feature will be added for sure!!! Buy an app only for what it does right now. If it does not work as advertised report a problem and demand a refund.

agree. WYSIWYG. The VST (which is open-source, BTW) was a great synth but bare bones. I'm assuming the dev just ported the code over from it and added a UI without any additional functionality.

• https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7414604#p7414604

This man is officially insane. This behavior is indefensible. Why do we think he cares at all about customers? Why are we surprised he didn’t care enough to release a usable product? My brain is spinning reading these threads. Thank god it only took me $4 to find out.

• Yeah, think I’ll take a hard pass on this one... at least for now

• I was really, really looking forward to finally having an OBX emulation for iOS.

I'll hold onto a bit of hope that the developer might still come through, but after reading the linked threads on the KRV site, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Would it be ok if I posted a poll here on the Audiobus forum that asks... Yes or No, would you buy a well made OBX emulation for iOS if it existed?

Maybe if enough people were to say Yes, it might encourage one of the more "well known" App developers to take up the task?

• One good thing has resulted from this OB-Xd debacle, I have rediscovered what a polished, powerful app. Syntronik is. I had all but forgotten that it also has Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa emulations, dozens of effects and AU3! https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikios/

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@Dham said:
    One good thing has resulted from this OB-Xd debacle, I have rediscovered what a polished, powerful app. Syntronik is. I had all but forgotten that it also has Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa emulations, dozens of effects and AU3! https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikios/

Yep. Syntronik is pretty great for bread and butter OB. They’re the only Syntronik IAP I caved and bought. No regrets..

Yeah, I bought the entire IOS suite when it was on sale for around $39US. They've added additional instruments since then and I got them at no additional cost.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.