Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How good do you actually hear?

edited May 2019 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• 27hz - 14500hz
    41 yo
    listened on iPhone with HD650- will try it tomorrow with my Eris E8 monitors

• edited May 2019

8900Hz – 58.5 yrs, on my iPad Pro. But that confirms what I already know from a hearing test last year (more than that now, actually). (Also I dragged the cursor to near there as I know I can hear all the mid stuff up to there anyway).

30yr old.

• I counted 1200 fuzzy warbles on my phone speaker.
    Might be a slightly stoned 47 yr old

• 15-16k. iPad speakers 30 years old.

• There's no option for 13.772 billion years old. Which is what we all are, really, y'hear?

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019

11,500...70(0) yrs. Sad! But my ears are ringing now. Does that count? Apple ear buds? A poor ear canal blames the ferryman.

Hahahahaha... you won't believe this. I had my earbuds plugged into another iPad! The 11,500 sound was coming from an iPad 4 internal spkrs. with my ears plugged up! 13,500 with the earbuds plugged in 😳😄😁😆😅😂🤣!!

• edited May 2019
  • 14900 Hz. I turned 34 last week. I’m just using iPad Pro speakers. Definitely not putting headphones on for that.

• I’ll try with more later...
    47 and with the iPad Air 2 speaker 100-11000...

I know I can hear more with the Steinberg UR242 hooked to the iLoud Micro Monitors, or Sennheiser HD598’s, ATH-M50X’s or AKG K701’s...

• 12500Hz and I'm 57...not bad...

• About 14.000 (47 years old)

• Time to try with headphones now (ATH-M50X, Sennheiser HD598 and AKG K701).
    With the Steinberg UR242 hooked to the IK iLoud Micro Monitors 47-11000.

I do have some other high-frequency stuff interfering though like switch power supplies that I can easily 'hear'.

• edited May 2019

With ATH-M50X 20-12500...
    With Sennheiser HD598 20-13000...
    With AKG K701 20-11500...

So yah, it depends a bit on the equipment and the 'monitoring devices' that are being used.

Last time I did a 'proper' hearing test (about a year a go) I got it perfect up to ~16500...
    This is partially why my ears are sensitive to switched power supplies and other high-frequency (and and multiples of them) as they can easily give me head-aches,

Anyways, good to know I'm not 'deaf' :D

• edited May 2019

16500 with Bluetooth headphones and mobile phone android. Soon to be 47 years young.
    And my tinnitus sinus went berserk when I listen to this 😱

• Topped out at around 13800Hz on an Air2 @ 48 yrs.

I primarily blame an unhealthy teen hobby of getting
    down the front at each & every Motörhead gig attended.

• @Paul16 said:
    Topped out at around 13800Hz on an Air2 @ 48 yrs.

You cannot blame Lemmy 😜

• 14600 on ATH-M40X - I’m 45. Not too shabby for an aging punk rocker and former touring pit musician.

• I could hear up to the 18000s without adjusting the knob. Mackie CR4s. Aged 43. Not surprised though. I have avoided loudness my whole life. Having sound to sight synesthesia, I literally have trouble seeing if things are too loud so I always have earplugs at the ready.

• Hearing high frequencies is only marginally useful for a musician. Being able to identify the notes and harmonies that you hear is the really useful aspect of hearing.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Hearing high frequencies is only marginally useful for a musician. Being able to identify the notes and harmonies that you hear is the really useful aspect of hearing.

I find it very useful for mixing and mastering however.

• 8800Hz, 57

• 11,500 Hz. But now I’ve lost my sense of smell.. wtf

• @Multicellular said:
    I could hear up to the 18000s without adjusting the knob. Mackie CR4s. Aged 43. Not surprised though. I have avoided loudness my whole life. Having sound to sight synesthesia, I literally have trouble seeing if things are too loud so I always have earplugs at the ready.

Interesting. So what form of synesthesia do you have?!

• @marcuspresident said:

@Multicellular said:
    I could hear up to the 18000s without adjusting the knob. Mackie CR4s. Aged 43. Not surprised though. I have avoided loudness my whole life. Having sound to sight synesthesia, I literally have trouble seeing if things are too loud so I always have earplugs at the ready.

Interesting. So what form of synesthesia do you have?!

I don't know if there are formal names. I actually don't know much about it.

Mainly sound>sight, i.e. I see everything I hear. Every sound no matter how quiet, any frequency.
    Minorly, sight>sound, i.e. I only hear really bright colors or sometimes patterns.
    Very rarely, smell>sight. Similar to sight>sound only see loud smells.

Interestingly, most of what I do know about it, was from participating in a few studies. In one, a grad student said it looked (to the EEG) like I had basically every form of synesthesia and all through the smell and sight ones looked like I was lighting up in other areas, but I only experience the above.

• what bleep ?

• Does the sound drop out around 530 HZ for anyone else?

• 20Hz - 14.8KHz - 51 years old - Apple Earpods (with 3.5 mm headphone plug)

• @marcuspresident said:

@Paul16 said:
    Topped out at around 13800Hz on an Air2 @ 48 yrs.

You cannot blame Lemmy 😜

😂🤣😂 hahahahaha, the likes of Richard D James also have a case to answer 😂🤣😂