Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Teenage Engineering OP-Z

1234568»

Comments

• @alexwasashrimp said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @echoopera How are you using it? Recording the OP-Z, or using it for midi?

I LOVE mine, but getting anything out of it in anything but a stereo mixdown is a pain. Imagine an Overbridge for OP-Z.

Just in case anyone has missed it, there's Underbridge now. Unfortunately, no iPad support.

https://bklronin.github.io/underbridge-pro-doc

This looks interesting.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find out what Overbridge is!

• @andowrites said:
    This looks interesting.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find out what Overbridge is!

It's a Windows/Mac app for receiving multitrack audio from Elektron devices.

• edited April 2023

So far, the first two OP-Zs I bought had faults, and had to return them.

I vowed that I would order one more replacement, which has just arrived.

If it is faulty, I will return it, and not order a replacement, but rather, I will choose something else special in its place. It was a very special birthday present from my partner, so we're both disappointed so far.

So it has arrived. But unlike the other two that I sent back, I can't get it out of the box!

I read of one other case on another forum, and the guy had to tear the packaging in order to get the OP-Z out.

My previous OP-Zs slid easily out of their packaging, but this one won't.

Any tips on how best to get it out, as I don't want to damage the box. Amazon's advice to me was to get a sharp knife and cut the box. They said that it won't disrupt my warranty (Amazon UK offer a 2 year warranty on the OP-Z).

I don't need the box for storage, but I would need it if I chose to resell it at a later date. So I'm loathe to take a Stanley knife blade to it.

• edited April 2023

@andowrites said:
    So far, the first two OP-Zs I bought had faults, and had to return them.

I vowed that I would order one more replacement, which has just arrived.

If it is faulty, I will return it, and not order a replacement, but rather, I will choose something else special in its place. It was a very special birthday present from my partner, so we're both disappointed so far.

So it has arrived. But unlike the other two that I sent back, I can't get it out of the box!

I read of one other case on another forum, and the guy had to tear the packaging in order to get the OP-Z out.

My previous OP-Zs slid easily out of their packaging, but this one won't.

Any tips on how best to get it out, as I don't want to damage the box. Amazon's advice to me was to get a sharp knife and cut the box. They said that it won't disrupt my warranty (Amazon UK offer a 2 year warranty on the OP-Z).

I don't need the box for storage, but I would need it if I chose to resell it at a later date. So I'm loathe to take a Stanley knife blade to it.

So I got brave, and went to look for my Stanley knife, and couldn't find it. So I grabbed the sharpest small kitchen knife I could find, and carefully prized open the side of the box. The inner sleeve had been glued on one edge, accidentally to the outer sleeve.

I held my breath.

I took out OP-Z number 3.

I laid it on a flat surface. It's not 100% flat, but I would say it's more than 99.5% flat, and I'm good with that. It's better than the previous two I bought and returned. I checked the encoders. Not popping out. Breath still held. I turned on the power switch. A full set of lights ran across the keys (the last one I returned had two lights out). I pressed the bluetooth connect button on the back (this was stuck and didn't work on the first one I returned). It lit up.

I begin to breathe…

Now charging up, I can finally unpack the gorgeous Teenage Engineering OP-Z Field Case I received as another birthday present to go with this! Tomorrow, and Monday, this little synth/sequencer will travel with me to hang out on a beachside clifftop on the Cornwall coast, whilst my partner surfs. This is what the gift was for, a synth in my pocket. Lighter than my iPad, yet compatible with my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro.

I hardly dare look forward to some magic happening with this, but I want to breathe now, and enjoy.

Time to make lunch, and get over the shock of a half-decent OP-Z showing up in my life at last. It's taken a month, and required great patience and persistence, but here we are.

It even arrived 24 hours early!

The other good news I discovered is that I have a 2 year warranty on it with Amazon. I know that Thomann offer a 3 year warranty, but I paid less for this, and would have had to pay import duties to import one to the UK too, plus the costs and complications of warranty returns to Thomann. So it feels like my patience and persistence has paid off at last.

Phew…

Thanks @Tarekith for your encouragement to me in persevering in my quest to have this tiny synth in my life.

• You’re going to love it!

• @mistercharlie said:
    You’re going to love it!

I already do… :smile: thanks to you too @mistercharlie. I knew there was someone I needed to thank as well as @Tarekith, but couldn't remember for the life of me.

I'm happy to finally be in the OP-Z club with a working OP-Z!

Oh, and further thanks go out to @echoopera.

Ultimately, I've received so much support, encouragement, enthusiasm, and practical advice here, it feels like home. Thanks all. It's like having a whole bunch of brothers who are interested in the same things as I am, but know more than me. Perfect, thank you.

• We’re here to help. We are all here to inspire and be inspired.

Looking forward to seeing you grow with this mind boggling powerful little slab of gray amazement 😉

• @echoopera said:
    We’re here to help. We are all here to inspire and be inspired.

Looking forward to seeing you grow with this mind boggling powerful little slab of gray amazement 😉

Mind boggling indeed, and here's to being amazed! :blush:

• @andowrites said:

The other good news I discovered is that I have a 2 year warranty on it with Amazon. I know that Thomann offer a 3 year warranty, but I paid less for this, and would have had to pay import duties to import one to the UK too

No you don’t. Not sure why you keep saying this. 😂

Two year guarantee is fine anyway. I keep paying for the ten year one at Gear4music but they’ll either probably be bankrupt, or I’ll have sold the thing, or I’ll be dead before then.

• @AtticusL said:

@andowrites said:

The other good news I discovered is that I have a 2 year warranty on it with Amazon. I know that Thomann offer a 3 year warranty, but I paid less for this, and would have had to pay import duties to import one to the UK too

No you don’t. Not sure why you keep saying this. 😂

Two year guarantee is fine anyway. I keep paying for the ten year one at Gear4music but they’ll either probably be bankrupt, or I’ll have sold the thing, or I’ll be dead before then.

Probably because someone (perhaps it was you, I have no memory for such things) suggested I should buy from Thomann. I've had to pay import duties on everything bought in mainland Europe over a certain price. Just as I did when buying outside of Europe when I lived in Portugal, and bought in the UK when I lived in Portugal. I'm not sure why you find it so amusing anyway. Nor do I need you to answer to tell me why.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Our take 2!

Very high end price my god ….