Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Teenage Engineering OP-Z

Someone posted a video link to the OPZ when I was talking about the Squarp Pyramid.. I’d never even considered it before . And it’s made to wrk with iOS expressedly . What a find...Whoever you are, THANKS!!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My bad! I’ll correct .. thanks..

• edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss : I take it you’re a no fan? Sampling update coming soon, I think coupled with an iPad it looks awesome .As for “What people want”, I think they were completly sold out a few months ago .

• edited May 2019

I love my OP-Z. I use it as a sequencer for iOS and desktop. Here’s a recent track from my new album where i used the OP-Z as the main sequencer:

And another track I’m quite fond of:

And lastly, here’s a great video with an overview of the step components:

Almost forgot, one more great playlist From Red Means Recording:

• How easy is it to memorize all those shortcuts, and how about using them after a four weeks break?

• Fwiw, some other good options in the rough price range +$200 would be Squarp Pyramid, Elektron Digitakt and the Synthstrom Deluge.

• edited May 2019

Well from a price point perspective sure. But from a hardware button input standpoint it’s not the same. A hardware based step sequencer is just a different state of mind in my opinion. Nothing beats a tactile relationship to the sounds one makes when creating tracks. I find myself in a different state of flow...a little more willing to try something different ... more spontaneity if you will...

You know what they say, “a musician can never have too many instruments...” 🤪👊🏼™️ Just don’t tell the wife 🤫💗

• Well. We’re all entitled to our opinions, however, being an owner of an OP-Z, Octatrack MK2 and an iPad i find the OP-Z a ton of fun to use...and an instrument which fits nicely in to my workflow.

It’s not for everyone for sure. It does fill a niche though and for that i am happy to be a part of that niche.

• @echoopera said:
    Fwiw, some other good options in the rough price range +$200 would be Squarp Pyramid, Elektron Digitakt and the Synthstrom Deluge.

@echopera: Very nice tracks !

• edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss : Now that you’ve thoroughly dissed echopera , one of the most respected music makers on this forum by what you said about his/ her tracks, care to maybe show of some of your own work so we can see what REAL music sounds like? “Two or three hundred fleeting views”? And how many have you gotten , pray tell? What wrong side you f the bed did you get up on today?

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Not to mention that TE don’t give a **** about customer support and build quality. They’re like the new behringer but with nicer clothes and party favours ;)

No! Behringer's stuff is inexpensive as well as being cheap.

• edited May 2019

@echoopera : Great tracks there ..Really enjoyed listening ...
    Sorry you didn’t like them @EyeOhEss but would you happen to have any tracks we could listen to that garnered more than “a few hundred fleeting views/listens “ as you said?. Exhopera, as most people know is one of the most capable music makers on this forum . Would love to hear something equal to or better if you feel so inclined .

• edited May 2019

Anyhoo @Telstar5 what is the need you’re filling with the OP-Z? Are you looking for a synth or sequencer? I bought it for its sequencing features when i was in the market for a more portable hardware sequencer.

• edited May 2019

Hihi, always the same story...

Hardware users smile at desktop users. Desktop users smile at iPad users. iPad users smile at op-z users.
    Genelec users smile at iloud micro monitor users... 😎

If you can think outside the box, you know that no matter what you use, only the result counts! If you can realize your dreams with your tools, everything is fine.

And the most important thing is to have fun, right?

I still enjoy my OP-Z very much for special music!
    Even if my Deluge makes me even more happy... 😊

An iPhone/iPad and an OP-Z can be quite powerful in the right hands! @echoopera know... 😊👍

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @chandroji
    I think if i could only get one, I’d go for the Deluge. It was on a long back order when i picked up the OP-Z. But who are we fooling. What musician can only have one instrument 🤪

• @echoopera said:
    @chandroji
    I think if i could only get one, I’d go for the Deluge. It was on a long back order when i picked up the OP-Z. But who are we fooling. What musician can only have one instrument 🤪

I’ve ordered the Deluge on a Friday afternoon. 3 days later on Monday I got it in my hands.
    Synthstrom ship it very fast! 👍

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

@chandroji said:

@echoopera said:
    @chandroji

I’ve ordered the Deluge on a Friday afternoon. 3 days later on Monday I got it in my hands.
    Synthstrom ship it very fast! 👍

It’s good to hear that they’ve gotten the production pipeline in order. They have a really nice instrument on their hands and the development of it over the last year has been amazing.

• Waiting for link to some music from @EyeOhEss