Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker: midi ch input setting not saved with project. Bug?

Gave BeatMaker another chance this week.. My midi input channel setting does nog get saved. Am I doing something wrong here??

0:22 - I'm using 4 tracks: setting midi input channel for each track (track 1 = ch1, track 2 = ch2, etc.)
1:04 - Last check before saving project
1:31 - Saving project with new name
2:07 - Quit and restarting BeatMaker
2:21 - Checking input settings.. EVERYTHING is reset to channel 1! :(

Comments

• You loaded an autosaved project instead of the one you manually saved ?

• edited May 2019

@Korakios
    Hey thanx for your help.. I saved the project after I made all the settings. So, it should open without any problems, even the autosave file.

I found a post on the Intua forum 'MIDI Channel Saving Broken on Banks':
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/42234#Comment_42234

So this means I can't use another sequencer and use BM3 just as a host.

I tried it again today, same bug..

• Well, to be honest I’ve left the BM3 forums long time ago because I was about to post something impolite to the dev . Also I’ve deleted BM3 , so I don’t think I can help much.
    I just watched the first video and saw that the autosaved project was loaded, but clearly it’s a bug.

• Ive always ended up using MidiFlow to sort out these types of problem. For example, NS2 got a recent update that fixed a lot of midi controller issues for me but I still have to use MF to correctly route each channel. It doesnt seem to distiguish controllers from different channels just controllers! But MidiFlow can fix this. Ive got the standalone version with controller remappings IAP. I think it must be one of my most used apps.

BM3 midi controller implementation got better with its update but it can still be a challenge routing midi.

• edited June 2019

Allright... I'm not going to spend more time into this app. Everytime that I try it has some anoying bugs...