Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm about to buy pigments for osx...

But I wish it was coming to iOS!
I messaged arturia on Instagram But no reply ✋
So looks like I'm buying my first soft synth in a couple years....i bought roli equator when I got my block as well...
Those two synths are so good...i wish they would both hit iOS...
Imo there's nothing like them on iOS ( roli noise isn't even close) even tho I love iOS and it's synths / effects...i can't wait until we see more synths like these two

Comments

• I think ima buy it thru splice for 9.99 a month, the rent to own thing is rad

• Yes its very fun and great for learning/deconstructing. Demo is generous

• @eddielovesyou said:
    Yes its very fun and great for learning/deconstructing. Demo is generous

I've been using the demo like a mad man haha hooked up to AUM and recording song parts....i wanna support tho and make my own save able presets! But I am enjoying the demo for now until I pull the trigger

• @reasOne said:

@eddielovesyou said:

I've been using the demo like a mad man haha hooked up to AUM and recording song parts....i wanna support tho and make my own save able presets! But I am enjoying the demo for now until I pull the trigger

How do you get along with Quanta, Groove Rider and SpaceCraft? Nave?
    And I'm sure more wavetable synths will follow.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@eddielovesyou said:

I love spacecraft, it's a beast of a different kind tho...
    Nave is pretty good as well, I need to use it more...
    Something just clicks with me and pigments and it sounds so good !! and is pretty easy to work with... I just really enjoy it.... Its kinda nice to have an escape from iOS as well but really no other vst has caught my attention like pigments and roli equator, have you tried it ?

• Went the whole hog yesterday and picked up the V collection 7 in the crossgrade sale.
    Pretty good package for what you get if you haven’t owned before.

• I bought Pigments at launch! It’s a really dope synth!

• @reasOne said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@eddielovesyou said:

Something just clicks with me and pigments and it sounds so good !! and is pretty easy to work with... I just really enjoy it.... Its kinda nice to have an escape from iOS as well but really no other vst has caught my attention like pigments and roli equator, have you tried it ?

No, only Serum by now. Hey, I didn't even know equator, thanks!

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@eddielovesyou said:

No, only Serum by now. Hey, I didn't even know equator, thanks!

Ya man! And roli has great customer service

• edited May 2019

You won't regret picking up Pigments. It's so much more than a wavetable synth in the Serum tradition. I still love Serum, the point I'm making is that Pigments is a something different again. Take away the wavetable aspect and the thing it reminds me of most is Origin, Arturia's first hardware synth. Origin was basically all of their emulations together as one almighty beast of a modular. A lot of folk didn't get it, as it cost a lot and was powered by virtual synth technology. The review of Origin makes for interesting reading for those following the Arturia development journey.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/arturia-origin

Pigments is Origin's alternate universe twin, in that Arturia have cherry-picked many of the best aspects from their various emulations and given them a new modular home that's proudly a software instrument (a hardware version of Pigments would be a compromised user experience). The virtual analog aspect is just as vital as the wavetable aspect, and it's all held together with a modulation system a child of ten could understand.

Up until Arturia released SEM V, Arturia were primarily known for releasing software instruments that sound nothing like the hardware their supposed to be emulating but virtually everything post SEM V has been bang on the money. If you can budget for it, you should get the V Collection as once you own it, it's approximately $99 a year to stay up to date. Be sure to save your pennies for Black Friday weekend as Arturia usually have a killer V Collection offer available. I agree that the Splice rent to own model is great but $25 a month for the V Collection will work out way more expensive than planning your purchase in a tactical manner.

• @reasOne said:
    I think ima buy it thru splice for 9.99 a month, the rent to own thing is rad

I’m glad these rent to own subs are a thing now, especially for new producers who might not have a lot of money or many instruments to start off with.

I just paid off Sylenth and am one payment from owning Serum, though that might end up being my last sub. Chances are that most of the instruments and effects available through this model will go in sale at-least once before payments are complete, so it can end up being quite a bit more expensive in the long run, vs holding off for bargains.

• @ZenEagle said:

I just paid off Sylenth and am one payment from owning Serum, though that might end up being my last sub. Chances are that most of the instruments and effects available through this model will go in sale at-least once before payments are complete, so it can end up being quite a bit more expensive in the long run, vs holding off for bargains.

That's certainly the case with the Arturia V Collection. The rent to own scheme is a multitude of times more expensive.

• @jonmoore said:
    You won't regret picking up Pigments. It's so much more than a wavetable synth in the Serum tradition. I still love Serum, the point I'm making is that Pigments is a something different again. Take away the wavetable aspect and the thing it reminds me of most is Origin, Arturia's first hardware synth. Origin was basically all of their emulations together as one almighty beast of a modular. A lot of folk didn't get it, as it cost a lot and was powered by virtual synth technology. The review of Origin makes for interesting reading for those following the Arturia development journey.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/arturia-origin

Pigments is Origin's alternate universe twin, in that Arturia have cherry-picked many of the best aspects from their various emulations and given them a new modular home that's proudly a software instrument (a hardware version of Pigments would be a compromised user experience). The virtual analog aspect is just as vital as the wavetable aspect, and it's all held together with a modulation system a child of ten could understand.

Up until Arturia released SEM V, Arturia were primarily known for releasing software instruments that sound nothing like the hardware their supposed to be emulating but virtually everything post SEM V has been bang on the money. If you can budget for it, you should get the V Collection as once you own it, it's approximately $99 a year to stay up to date. Be sure to save your pennies for Black Friday weekend as Arturia usually have a killer V Collection offer available. I agree that the Splice rent to own model is great but $25 a month for the V Collection will work out way more expensive than planning your purchase in a tactical manner.

I went for it and can't get away from it!
    It's very very good sounding and deff is fun to design on.
    I may look into the v collection but I still want to stick to using iOS for most things, but I just couldn't resist pigments lol... But I don't know being back on my MacBook is kinda drawing me back into to the daw life and ableton again...
    Such a struggle, I feel like my workflow is about to change... Again!
    I love using AUM and all my iOS effects / synths but still am not satisfied with song building on iOS... So I'm probably going to start recording all my stuff from iOS into ableton again..
    It's just much faster and less hassle,

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Went the whole hog yesterday and picked up the V collection 7 in the crossgrade sale.

I’m extremely jealous - would love to have that lot :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Went the whole hog yesterday and picked up the V collection 7 in the crossgrade sale.

@MonzoPro my cross grade offer was £275 for 24 new VST Instruments so about £11.45 for each instrument not bad as they are £99 to £150 if you buy them separately.

The package isn’t to large GB size either which is good for Surface Pro owners as SSD space is limited.

• Arturia's upgrade pricing is only good if you haven't upgraded before or in a while. As a customer, who has and likes most of their products, their upgrade price from Collection 6 to 7 is $199. That's a raw deal, expected $99. I also bought their compressors and filters and Pigments in the last year. I want their CZ emulation but on fence for upgrade.

Agree on rent to own. It's only good if the product never goes on sale like Sylenth or Serum. I'm using Splice for Serum as well but Arturia has sales all the time so not worth it unless you really want it because you'll end up paying more in long term.

• Congratulations. It seems an interesting synth. I'm all in on U-He (Diva, Repro and Hive 2) myself. I never gelled with anything Arturia. Go with what calls to you.

• Pigments has been my favorite since I bought it. Programming is so intuitive, yet so potentially deep. It’s a killer.

I also own the V Collection, and absolutely love those as well. Bought an Arturia Keystep Essential 61 keyboard to go along with it all. The keyboard integrates very well with the software.

• Nice to see the some of the Pigments presets one you own it show up in Analog Lab 4.

• @nondes said:
    Arturia's upgrade pricing is only good if you haven't upgraded before or in a while. As a customer, who has and likes most of their products, their upgrade price from Collection 6 to 7 is $199. That's a raw deal, expected $99. I also bought their compressors and filters and Pigments in the last year. I want their CZ emulation but on fence for upgrade.

They usually do discounts on the yearly upgrade and for a reasonable amount of time. You usually have t wait till later in the year though. And if you upgraded within 6 months of the new release it's half the official upgrade (this year $99 instead of $199). $99 is what I paid for my upgrade and forgot that wasn't the standard upgrade.

I would have been happy to pay $199 as it happens. The CZ and Synthi are both killer and the Mellotron is a different flavour to the GForce version.

$199 a year in the bigger scheme of things is reasonable for the quality of what's on offer. Plus you get plenty of demo time to work out if this years upgrade instruments tickle your fancy.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro my cross grade offer was £275 for 24 new VST Instruments so about £11.45 for each instrument not bad as they are £99 to £150 if you buy them separately.

The package isn’t to large GB size either which is good for Surface Pro owners as SSD space is limited.

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yeah sounds like a good deal. I’d love to get my hands on that Synthi - one day, I’ve spent a fair amount already this year :)

• I just discovered Pigments. I am using the free trial and I was wondering if there any synth on IOS that are similar? I love it so much, but I prefer making music with my iPad.

• edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    I just discovered Pigments. I am using the free trial and I was wondering if there any synth on IOS that are similar? I love it so much, but I prefer making music with my iPad.

There is no synth on iOS close to Pigments.
    Pigments is a great synth.
    Worth every penny.
    Worth every note it produces for your tracks. :)

• If it wasn't for the "OS X" in the title I wouldn't know you're raving about great desktop products.

The last time @jonmoore showed up I ended up buying a Valhalla product... I'm too easy to corrupt.
    He's very convincing that we have shit tools on IOS.

I hope it works out. This is the only thread I can recall reading where subscription was viewed
    favorably. You know what that tells me? You want a lot of expensive stuff and renting is preferred
    to save money. Again, I hope it works out.

Life and art is a series of compromises between our dreams and reality.