Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mutable Instruments AU’s inbound

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited May 2019

:open_mouth: beautiful sound !!! Plaits :heart:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, fascinating. Minimal UI, but if exposed as AU parameters, modulation magic in sight.

• Hosting it in apeMatrix should give plenty of modulation options :)

• Yaay, can't wait!

• dope!

• Yooooooo this is fabulous so stoked!!

• Oh joy oh joy!

• edited May 2019

cool. been curious to give them a spin for a while

• Oh fuck yeah! I won't buy one of those Microfreak things now.

• @BroCoast said:
    Oh fuck yeah! I won't buy one of those Microfreak things now.

Same. Man, that name.....

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Be interesting to see how complete these ports are in terms of available modulation in/out etc.

Good point and it certainly won't include all signal routing freedom but even with just an audio and MIDI matrix there's a lot that could be done.

Just barebones sliders in the AUv3 seem to suggest that they'll be lightweight in terms of eating iPad resources and who knows, if his project works out well, a sensibly chosen combination of modules inside one AU plus a simple routing matrix might follow.

• edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    Considering the open source aspect and that these ports are going to be free, maybe devs will team up on it?

Plaits code is distributed under this licence, so it is allowed to use it even comercially (in other words you can sell app which is using plaits code)

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Basically until you don't make any changes in core code, only thing you need to do is to mention author (mutable instuments) of original code in your app

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@dendy said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Considering the open source aspect and that these ports are going to be free, maybe devs will team up on it?

Plaits code is distributed under this licence, so it is allowed to use it even comercially (in other words you can sell app which is using plaits code)

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Basically until you don't make any changes in core code, only thing you need to do is to mention author (mutable instuments) of original code in your app

I just learned that devs don’t have to pay $99 per year, per app. It’s flat $99 per year IIUC? I always thought that fee was ‘per app’ for some reason, so this kinda changes my whole thinking about this MI/open source stuff.

Assuming that they’re already using the App Store for something else that warrants membership, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if someone charged for MI related apps unless the MI aspect was only a very tiny tiny part of something unique.

It’s cool that this dev is taking the baton from Emilie and bringing these things to iOS in the same spirit. Hopefully others can then take that baton and move things even further forward.

Apple should support open source developers in the first place!
    Asking for $99 every year and letting them do all the work is just not right, especially when the AppStore is the only way to install apps.
    No wonder there is so much more open source music software available for Win, Mac, Linux and BSD.

• @waynerowand said:

@BroCoast said:

Same. Man, that name.....

It wasn't the best choice.

These MI ports might be a good reason for one of these:

• @BroCoast said:

Get one anyway , mine arrived it’s awesome.

• @BroCoast said:

I’m repeat myselft everyday that I don’t need the ES-8....but after that, I see Vcvrack and Audulus and....oh, f**k

And now, Plaits in Auv3!

• edited May 2019

@OnfraySin said:

@BroCoast said:

I’m repeat myselft everyday that I don’t need the ES-8....but after that, I see Vcvrack and Audulus and....oh, f**k

And now, Plaits in Auv3!

I don't need it at all but it's not even that expensive and would give me a reason to start using Audulus. I already have DC coupled outputs but am too lazy. Having the i/o right there in the rack would be so much neater.

• I think it would make a lot of sense for these to exist as modules inside a modular environment like Drambo, so they could be properly routed.

• edited May 2019

@palm said:
    I think it would make a lot of sense for these to exist as modules inside a modular environment like Drambo, so they could be properly routed.

Agreed, just don’t bring it up until 1.0 is out or we’ll never get to drambo!

• @BroCoast said:

One thing the Microfreak offers that may or may not be the case with these AU ports: 4 voice paraphony without any bother on the user's part.