Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drone Day 2019

Today is drone day (more info here: https://droneday.org). For this reason I create sort of an guitar and synth drone, all iOS, all live. The guitar also controls Factory via MIDI Guitar 2. If interested, you can download the setup here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/my26vinmtxluqex/AAD4ibkAuCcLY8e_f_I34z0za?dl=0
This folder includes the AUM preset, some ToneStack presets I used for this and a screenshot of the settings for MIDI guitar.
Did anyone else also create something on iOS for Drone Day?
Oh, I almost forgot the video....:

Comments

• Might try some droning today!

Droneo app is currently free too - just downloaded...

• @Halftone said:
    Might try some droning today!

Droneo app is currently free too - just downloaded...

Thanksgiving for the headsup!!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• @Martinj said:
    Today is drone day (more info here: https://droneday.org). For this reason I create sort of an guitar and synth drone, all iOS, all live. The guitar also controls Factory via MIDI Guitar 2. If interested, you can download the setup here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/my26vinmtxluqex/AAD4ibkAuCcLY8e_f_I34z0za?dl=0
    This folder includes the AUM preset, some ToneStack presets I used for this and a screenshot of the settings for MIDI guitar.
    Did anyone else also create something on iOS for Drone Day?
    Oh, I almost forgot the video....:

Just watched that - lovely drone !

• Oh, so that's why Droneo is free today!

• Is it normally a paid app?

• Drones over Brooklyn

• I shared this in the Buchla thread as an example of the Softube Modular emulation of the 259e Twisted Waveform Generator, but seeing as it's Drone Day it seems somewhat apt to share here too.

It's a little on the abstract side of things as it's a snippet from an art installation where the brief was to create an droning computerised didgeridoo that plays for 60 plus minutes without any repeating sections. Don't worry, this snippet only lasts around 2 minutes - 60 minutes worth would likely bring out your inner 'Hannibal' :)

• Can somebody explain my ignorant self the significance of this drone thing. It seems to be important enough to have a celebration day.

Do people enjoy listening to this? I may be getting to old to understand🤪

• edited May 2019

@ecou said:
    Can somebody explain my ignorant self the significance of this drone thing. It seems to be important enough to have a celebration day.

Hey sir, it’s more like very very downtempo music... ambient as a Genre.
    please feel free to check out mount shrine

Or/ and stuff from Hotel Neon

I like it. It’s calming soothing and brining me down from business of life haha
    Let me know what you think, mate
    (I am not the youngest also :-))

• @ecou said:
    Can somebody explain my ignorant self the significance of this drone thing. It seems to be important enough to have a celebration day.

I consider drones more as a sound design thing. The likes of Morton Subotnick and Suzanne Ciani often say that their music is less about timbral driven melody and more about movement and animation (especially in a quadraphonic context). It's not necessarily soothing either. If listen to Todd Barton's Krell patch, it conjures mental imagery of the original Lost in Space movie; the mood is erie and otherworldly. And in the recent update to Twin Peaks, David Lynch used drones as a sensory assault of the most aggressive kind.

Drones can also form a bedrock for melodic pieces but often (as is the case with FM pioneer John Chowning) the melodies are off the grid of western scales.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss
    The UX is a pig but the module modelling is heavenly. :)

• edited June 2019

Totally missed Drone Day but here's something anyway.

Please use the phones-of-the-head.

• @ecou said:

https://droneday.org

Drone Day is my favourite holiday!

• My new drone was shoot down by the Iranians a few days ago, it was too noisy 😆 🚀

• @Kühl said:
    My new drone was shoot down by the Iranians a few days ago, it was too noisy 😆 🚀

Did the pilot survive?🤡

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Kühl said:
    My new drone was shoot down by the Iranians a few days ago, it was too noisy 😆 🚀

Did the pilot survive?🤡

😂 I know, I know 🤡 :smiley: