Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Video from FLEKSI (live looping)

2»

Comments

• How was it? Did you make any recordings to share?

• edited June 2019

@Hmtx said:
    How was it? Did you make any recordings to share?

Ha, well, where do I start? ;)
    The gig overall went well but nowhere near where I wanted it to be. I had a massive issue with sunlight that was coming through the front. Actually my pro 10.5 was just about usable but circuit looked like it was off. I had to put my hand in front to see what I was doing so not ideal. Then for some random reason circuit stopped sending program change to load AB3 sessions so I've loaded them from the ipad and eventually a circuit reboot sorted it out.

Apart from that the sound guy autoconvinced himself that my guitar and circuit were on the same channel so when I asked him to pump up circuit's volume (bass and synths) he told me that I needed to turn my guitar down. Oh dear.

Because of this the sound was very rocky because I was left mostly with my guitar, vocals and samplr/loopy. The bass wasn't really enough to carry it.

So considering all of that we've rocked it out alright but I missed doing all of the fancy electronic stuff I meant to.

On the up side the sync was spot on and the drummer was super tight thanks to a reliable click from Circuit and of course his own drumming skills.

I might be playing another (bigger) gig on the 20th so I shall definitely make some provisions for sun/soundman issues. ;)

Here's a little mashup.

• Damn sun ruins everything!

• edited June 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Damn sun ruins everything!

Believe me, this was my first time in the UK when I'd wish for a cloud. :Unreal. ;)

• Ah, good stuff!! Bummer about the technical issues, but looked like a good time. :smiley: