Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samsung Dex on Tab S4.ipad Pros 2018 more powerful than the s4 but no where near pro features ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚

What have we done to apple to deserve all these limitations ?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I Was just surfing around and came across this video.
The guy in the video shows the new Dex (android desktop) mode on the galaxy tab s4 and it looks amazing.
You can run lots off apps at the same time etc.
All we ask for is a proper File system.
Samsung devices (most android devices) have that for ages now and they are still selling laptops.
What is apple so scared off??

ยซ1

Comments

• Piracy and haxoringz?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AudioGus said:
    Piracy and haxoringz?

MacBooks have excellent file management and itโ€™s super secure ( correct me if Iโ€™m wrong).
    They could do the same on iOS

• @EyeOhEss said:

@Paa89 said:
    The guy in the video shows the new Dex (android desktop) mode on the galaxy tab s4 and it looks amazing.
    Samsung devices (most android devices) have that for ages now and they are still selling laptops.

Profit loss.

Wonโ€™t they loose customers / profit, in case Samsung really continues with this project and make it stable and developers start shifting towards android?

• Bicycles!

They've been around for ages. You can sit on them and get to places. They often have a bell.

Why can't iPads work like bicycles?
    Why are you denying us Apple?!

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iPad sales have been in decline for years, itโ€™s inevitable Apple will be following this, people are finding touch only tablets less useful each year. They just take much longer to advance as is usual.

• Go do some music or audio on Android. See how pro it is. :o

• @EyeOhEss said:

@Paa89 said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@Paa89 said:

Profit loss.

Wonโ€™t they loose customers / profit, in case Samsung really continues with this project and make it stable and developers start shifting towards android?

Iโ€™d imagine so, eventually...if they persist as they are.

Historically, all Empires fall....Samsung, Microsoft etc all seem to be gaining further ground every year and offering better value and fewer hurdles to jump through for users and devs.

I mean how can โ€˜iTunesโ€™ STILL be a thing??? I canโ€™t just drag and drop or organise files via usb?? And no expandable memory card slots?? On the most esteemed devices out there?? Itโ€™s crazy...

The funny part is that we arenโ€™t asking for the moon or the impossible.
    Just a more detailed guide for developers, proper file management and possibility to use external hard drive.
    Letโ€™s hope iOS 13 brings us close at least

• Part of the reason Apple have not paid as much attention to the iPad as it perhaps deserves is that there has been no real competition. Android tablets on the whole have not been a match for iOS. But as they get better they will be. And competition is a good thing and will hopefully spur innovation on both android and iOS.

I am looking forward to seeing what WWDC brings for the iPad. The rumours seem to indicate that the iPad will receive a bit of much needed TLC for the next iOS update.

Apple have also got a pretty big lead in silicon which will take some catching.

From a long time Apple user they appeared to me to drop the ball somewhat product wise over the last couple of years but the noises coming out of Apple seem to acknowledge that the Mac and iPad need some attention.

The iPad line up is now really strong and the new Air is just the sort of product that has been missing whilst Apple went ever more high end with their products.

I think they went too far and the iPad Air and new mini are encouraging signs.

I hope android tablets get ultra competitive with iPad. Choice is good.

Chances are I will stay with Apple as I much prefer iOS to android (and macOS to anything else on desktop).

If I was forced to choose Iโ€™d much rather have a Samsung tablet running iOS than an Apple tablet running android.

• @EyeOhEss said:

Donโ€™t Samsung have useable audio for a while now? I thought they had their own specific solution for latency etc? Remember reading something about it a while ago but not paying much attention...

I'm not sure, I don't pay much attention to what's happening on that front either. Somehow I doubt it, because I remember people mentioning Android and audio for so many years now, and the claims always turned out to be a total joke. I just ignore them now. The boy who cried wolf, etc.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    Go do some music or audio on Android. See how pro it is. :o

Android will eventually catch up with the music aspect.
    I was talking about common features in general.
    Features that are necessary on a day to day basis.
    Features that would make things less complicated for developers and for consumers

• @klownshed said:
    Part of the reason Apple have not paid as much attention to the iPad as it perhaps deserves is that there has been no real competition. Android tablets on the whole have not been a match for iOS. But as they get better they will be. And competition is a good thing and will hopefully spur innovation on both android and iOS.

I am looking forward to seeing what WWDC brings for the iPad. The rumours seem to indicate that the iPad will receive a bit of much needed TLC for the next iOS update.

Apple have also got a pretty big lead in silicon which will take some catching.

From a long time Apple user they appeared to me to drop the ball somewhat product wise over the last couple of years but the noises coming out of Apple seem to acknowledge that the Mac and iPad need some attention.

The iPad line up is now really strong and the new Air is just the sort of product that has been missing whilst Apple went ever more high end with their products.

I think they went too far and the iPad Air and new mini are encouraging signs.

I hope android tablets get ultra competitive with iPad. Choice is good.

Chances are I will stay with Apple as I much prefer iOS to android (and macOS to anything else on desktop).

If I was forced to choose Iโ€™d much rather have a Samsung tablet running iOS than an Apple tablet running android.

Interesting input.
    The competition aspect is also something Iโ€™ve thought about.
    In the music scenario, imagine if windows developers implement a touchscreen keyboard to their DAWs and make them more touch friendly.
    I think that would also make Apple what to do this Better on iOS or Mac

• edited May 2019

@Paa89 said:

Features that would make things less complicated for developers and for consumers

Maybe they will or maybe they wont, but I certainly wont be holding my breath for it, as they haven't been able to for the past decade. Maybe in 10 years from now? We'll see.

As for common features on iOS, Apple has slowly been opening up iOS and adding new features. iOS today is vastly different than iOS from some years ago.

More features will be coming for sure, but if anybody is expecting it to be totally open eventually with all sorts of options is going to be disappointed I think. If somebody wants a desktop like filesystem with many options, they can use something like a Macbook Pro.

• Audio is only a tiny fraction of the pro market. :)

I'm a creative pro and I need to bring an ipad and a laptop around with me to work. If I have to decide on only one it would have to be the laptop, no question, there's barely any pro software on an iPad Pro yet. Audio is pretty good though yes ;)

I'd love if it I could do more work on my ipad pro, so Apple have a lot of work to do. The hardware is getting capable but the software is not good for working yet.

Rumoured mouse support coming to iOS 13. Maybe this is why Adobe haven't released Photoshop yet and are waiting for this as they know that it's much more optimal with mouse support. :)

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@Paa89 said:

Maybe they will or maybe they wont, but I certainly wont be holding my breath for it, as they haven't been able to for the past decade. Maybe in 10 years from now? We'll see.

As for common features on iOS, Apple has slowly been opening up iOS and adding new features. iOS today is vastly different than iOS from some years ago.

More features will be coming for sure, but if anybody is expecting it to be totally open eventually with all sorts of options is going to be disappointed I think. If somebody wants a desktop like filesystem with many options, they can use something like a Macbook Pro.

I understand your view.but..
    Wonโ€™t you like for them to implement the simple feature of audio preview when you want to import samples from the files app to you DAW? Or give developers more info so they can make apps better?
    For drawing artist, photo editors or video editors who like using iPad, would be nice for them to be able to connect and external hard drive and just load the pictures or videos directly to the editing app without having to load into photos app first, and once you load to photos app, it could also load into I cloud.this is all long.
    Just connect, open your editing app, choose external device, choose photo or video and edit.simple

• edited May 2019

@Paa89 said:

Wonโ€™t you like for them to implement the simple feature of audio preview when you want to import samples from the files app to you DAW? Or give developers more info so they can make apps better?
    For drawing artist, photo editors or video editors who like using iPad, would be nice for them to be able to connect and external hard drive and just load the pictures or videos directly to the editing app without having to load into photos app first, and once you load to photos app, it could also load into I cloud.this is all long.
    Just connect, open your editing app, choose external device, choose photo or video and edit.simple

I have my own preferences of course, and sure, there are plenty of things I'd like to see, but I try to view things pragmatically. It's not about what I would prefer to see, but rather about what I believe is going to realistically happen. I've been following iOS pretty closely since the very beginning, and I'm also basing my opinions on what I believe Apple would do and wouldn't do after having followed them for a very long time.

I guess that we'll be finding out soon during the WWDC if there are any new announcements about new iOS features.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@Paa89 said:

I have my own preferences of course, and sure, there are plenty of things I'd like to see, but I try to view things pragmatically. It's not about what I would prefer to see, but rather about what I believe is going to realistically happen. I've been following iOS pretty closely since the very beginning, and I'm also basing my opinions on what I believe Apple would do and wouldn't do after having followed them for a very long time.

I guess that we'll be finding out soon during the WWDC if there are any new announcements about new iOS features.

I know that most of the rumours wonโ€™t be true ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Carnbot said:
    Audio is only a tiny fraction of the pro market. :)

I'm a creative pro and I need to bring an ipad and a laptop around with me to work. If I have to decide on only one it would have to be the laptop, no question, there's barely any pro software on an iPad Pro yet. Audio is pretty good though yes ;)

I'd love if it I could do more work on my ipad pro, so Apple have a lot of work to do. The hardware is getting capable but the software is not good for working yet.

Rumoured mouse support coming to iOS 13. Maybe this is why Adobe haven't released Photoshop yet and are waiting for this as they know that it's much more optimal with mouse support. :)

Interesting.other than cost issue ๐Ÿ˜‚ , what is the difference between using a mouse and apple pencils?

• edited May 2019

Have you seen the lag when he drags the windows and draws? :) (all the while he keeps saying how snappy it is...)

It's not about features... it's about making what's there WORK ;)

(sorry, I have a "1960s tank engineering" approach to software development)

• @Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

Interesting.other than cost issue ๐Ÿ˜‚ , what is the difference between using a mouse and apple pencils?

speed and efficiency, many more things you can do with multiple mouse buttons at speed too :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    Have you seen the lag when he drags the windows and draws? :) (all the while he keeps saying how snappy it is...)

I think he did say the pencil had a bit of lag.there is a video I seen with a different stylus witch worked pretty well.
    You are right about making whatโ€™s there work.
    But I also think a little touch up (add up) to whatโ€™s already there now and then wonโ€™t be bad.๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Carnbot said:

@Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

speed and efficiency, many more things you can do with multiple mouse buttons at speed too :)

Hmm.i respect that.
    But I think touch is also faster in some cases than the mouse.

• @Paa89 said:

@SevenSystems said:

I think he did say the pencil had a bit of lag.there is a video I seen with a different stylus witch worked pretty well.
    But I also think a little touch up (add up) to whatโ€™s already there now and then wonโ€™t be bad.๐Ÿ˜‚

Maybe you're right about the lag... however, given Android's "track record" of inefficiency in pretty much every one of its subsystems, I find it hard to believe it will ever get really fixed. Like, "Apple fixed" with 120 Hz real and actual refresh rate, both screen and touch.

And as this discussion is also about audio... is everyone here really convinced Android will have 1.5 ms latency, AUv3 audio and MIDI plugins, IAA, and Audiobus anytime soon? (it doesn't even have "normal" MIDI yet AFAIK :D)

• @SevenSystems said:

@Paa89 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Maybe you're right about the lag... however, given Android's "track record" of inefficiency in pretty much every one of its subsystems, I find it hard to believe it will ever get really fixed. Like, "Apple fixed" with 120 Hz real and actual refresh rate, both screen and touch.

And as this discussion is also about audio... is everyone here really convinced Android will have 1.5 ms latency, AUv3 audio and MIDI plugins, IAA, and Audiobus anytime soon? (it doesn't even have "normal" MIDI yet AFAIK :D)

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ the last part killed me.maybe the will catch up one day on the audio side

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

Hmm.i respect that.

it depends what you're trying to do, but pretty much everything is potentially quicker with a mouse and also over time there's less fatigue. It's all related to screen size though, obviously on smaller mobile devices a mouse isn't relevant but on 12.9 and potentially larger devices mouse input and other devices eg keyboard/pen etc bring huge productivity improvements compared to without them. :)

The key thing is choice for optimal workflow on a pro device. When touch is more convenient, that's great (and nothing will stop the ipad being the best at that) but when other input devices are better we should be able to have that choice.

This is the only way we'll be able to get more pro software happening on iOS because otherwise laptops will always have the advantage.

• edited May 2019

@Carnbot said:

@Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Paa89 said:

@Carnbot said:

Hmm.i respect that.

it depends what you're trying to do, but pretty much everything is potentially quicker with a mouse and also over time there's less fatigue. It's all related to screen size though, obviously on smaller mobile devices a mouse isn't relevant but on 12.9 and potentially larger devices mouse input and other devices eg keyboard/pen etc bring huge productivity improvements compared to without them. :)

The key thing is choice for optimal workflow on a pro device. When touch is more convenient, that's great (and nothing will stop the ipad being the best at that) but when other input devices are better we should be able to have that choice.

This is the only way we'll be able to get more pro software happening on iOS because otherwise laptops will always have the advantage.

AR is in its infancy but I can imagine a mobile tablet / hololens combo that will destroy the mouse/keyboard pro audio desk job paradigm.