Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mininova...in Audiobus and AUM? (SOLVED!)

edited May 2019 in Other

Hi! I’ve seen some of you guys use your Circuit and Mininova with Audiobus and/or AUM and I’m still trying to get the Mininova found in Aum . The circuit does appear in the routing section but not the Mininova. I’m using the Novation Audiohub 2x4 to connect them.
It’s like the Midi from the Mininova is not recognized (I know it’s not a controller) I can’t even sync its Arpegiator via Midi Link app.
Happy and fun audio recording (and looping) , but would love to use Rozeta as well.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: As some folks pointed out, the Mininova doesn’t seem to send MIDI through its USB. I bought a Roland UM (midi to usb wire) and The ipad now detects that extra device -not the Mininova but the UM, but it does the trick-.
It’s a game changer to be able to run the Mininova through Rozeta.

Thank you guys!!!

Comments

• Mininova is not class compliant so will not work using USB Midi....
    I use a USB to MIDI adapter cable like this and connect the Mininova using the 5 pin connector., although I wouldn't get another cheap cable like this as it doesn't handle MIDI clock very well

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Mininova is not class compliant so will not work using USB Midi....
    I use a USB to MIDI adapter cable like this and connect the Mininova using the 5 pin connector., although I wouldn't get another cheap cable like this as it doesn't handle MIDI clock very well

Another downvote for this interface.
    Out of four I've purchased, two were dead on arrival and the ones that work won't work with every MIDI hardware.
    I can recommend Bluetooth MIDI dongles or the Roland UM-One mk2.

• @rs2000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Out of four I've purchased, two were dead on arrival and the ones that work won't work with every MIDI hardware.

Thank you guys! I’ll try that.. Korg has a MiDi to USB device, but I didn’t know that the iPad won’t recognize its midi from usb but it’ll do by the 5 pin. It was frustrating to see every gadget I own (Axiom, Launchpad, Circuit, Launchkey) appearing in the routing matrix and not the Mininova.

By the way, just in case you didn’t know and you have one, the AudioHub supports a USB hub. Circuit and Mininova are connected directly to the AudioHub and the rest via external USB hub

• Which AudioHub?

• @rs2000 said:
    Which AudioHub?

Novation AudioHub 2x4:

• For synth apps plus midi controllers is a must. I couldn’t connect the axiom61 otherwise. Highly recommended! The only downside is the lack of 5pin midi)

• The Novation Audio Hub won't make the MiniNova USB class compliant, will it?

• @rs2000 said:
    The Novation Audio Hub won't make the MiniNova USB class compliant, will it?

Nope, I’ve tried everything... haven’t tried the 5pin to usb yet.
    But I’m able to connect the old axiom with no problems at all. It’s even possible to assign every fader and knob to model15, Zeeon etc in AUM. That’s why I struggled with the Mininova thing

• @AndyPlankton Thank you man! I’ve found a Roland one that should do the job

• @9monos said:

@rs2000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Thank you guys! I’ll try that.. Korg has a MiDi to USB device, but I didn’t know that the iPad won’t recognize its midi from usb but it’ll do by the 5 pin. It was frustrating to see every gadget I own (Axiom, Launchpad, Circuit, Launchkey) appearing in the routing matrix and not the Mininova.

By the way, just in case you didn’t know and you have one, the AudioHub supports a USB hub. Circuit and Mininova are connected directly to the AudioHub and the rest via external USB hub

I-connectivity mio has been a solid usb to din midi for me.

• @9monos said:
    @AndyPlankton Thank you man! I’ve found a Roland one that should do the job

You’re welcome :). Using the mininova arp with iOS synths works really well too !

• @Multicellular Thank u for the tip!
    @AndyPlankton can’t wait to try! You rock!

• Mininova? Remember that torrent site?

• edited May 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

I bought 2 of these because they were on sale for 50c. The shop really wanted to get rid of them xD Other one got stuck and missing notes way more often than the other one with my old setup that had quite a lot of midi going through it. Now i have been using the "faulty" one without a problem in a setup that doesent have a lot of midi traffic going through it.

I have heard other very mixed reviews about these, so they seem to be quite a hit or miss. I would get something better, but if i found a bunch of these dirt cheap, i would give them a chance and buy a couple of them to make sure i got a working one.

• @ToMess Second or third person to mention that so I guess we should stay away from it.
    iConnectivity mio or a Roland one are more trusty
    Thxs!!

• @9monos said:
    @ToMess Second or third person to mention that so I guess we should stay away from it.
    iConnectivity mio or a Roland one are more trusty
    Thxs!!

If you can grab them for less than a buck,they are ok :tongue:
    I bought 10 in the past for reselling them ,all worked fine for simple usage ,meaning avoiding aftertouch, clock and for sure sysex messages .