Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Composing in Cubasis with Ravenscroft

edited May 2019 in Creations

https://dreamingofwolves.bandcamp.com/track/moonbeams

Recorded on a Roland FP 30 digital piano into Cubasis for the iPad (Bluetooth MIDI). Utilising UVI Ravenscroft AU for the piano, complimented with Eos reverb by Audiodamage and some Waves EQ and a few stock Cubasis FX. Part of an upcoming EP of minimalist solo instrumentals. More to come soon.

Comments

• Nice, thanks for posting :)

• RC275 has found another deserving owner! Have you tried combining different pianos?

• This solo piano music style is like a warm bath for me. I can understand why it does so well commercially.
    It can alter our internal state. Add an internal focus on gratitude and empathy and you're probably meditating or at least getting some of the medical benefits.

I do think it would be wise to slip in some additional synth sounds since you have that capability and
    a lot of solo piano artists might not. When I was wound up at work Suzanne Ciani's piano and synth music
    was like a massage to release stress. Her use of synths was always about find sounds that morphed over the life of the note and her piano playing was minimalist (at least on the CD's I was using to destress this was the case). She was a composer by training and there's a musical logic to her work and to this piece.

Solid composition ideas and tastefully played.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    https://dreamingofwolves.bandcamp.com/track/moonbeams

Recorded on a Roland FP 30 digital piano into Cubasis for the iPad (Bluetooth MIDI). Utilising UVI Ravenscroft AU for the piano, complimented with Eos reverb by Audiodamage and some Waves EQ and a few stock Cubasis FX. Part of an upcoming EP of minimalist solo instrumentals. More to come soon.

Nicely done. Inevitably I hear signing over the top :)

• Lovely piece of music. Very calming. Well done :smile:

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman

I have another song on the EP using Korgs American Ivory which you can listen to as well. But as big of a Korg fan that I am there’s no contest when it comes to a solo piano instrument. Ravenscroft has that “in the room” presence to it and hats off to UVI, if I were to by a desktop ROMPLER I might go with theirs again.

@McD

I played with the synth backing on this one but for this particular mood, it didn’t seem appropriate.

Posted below is an older track of solo piano that also features Wavestation. I think you’ll like it.

https://lucidmusicinc.bandcamp.com/track/revival

Incidentally Many of these dance tracks I produced over the years are getting the solo piano reinterpretation. Depending on how successful it is, I might go full blown production on some of them, it’s a bit of reverse engineering.

Thanks for the kind feedback @all

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Posted below is an older track of solo piano that also features Wavestation. I think you’ll like it.

https://lucidmusicinc.bandcamp.com/track/revival

Nice one. You picked one of my favorite iWaveStation presets that sounds like orchestral strings.
    I like this one too but maybe not as much as the solo piano so I think you have made your point
    about the track not needing anything else to create the right mood. Knowing when to stop is a gut feeling.
    Good call.

• edited May 2019

@McD

I’ll look up Suzanne Ciani in the meantime. Actually I got turned onto this style of music when I discovered Ludovico Einaudi on Apple Music, and actually there’s a wealth of similar artists that can found on the Apple Music streaming. I could recommend a few more names. Maybe in a separate thread.

• @LucidMusicInc, I disagree with @McD (what!!). I see no reason to say the piano solo is better because it lacks any augmentation. To get into the nitty gritty, I do think your music is stronger when you are reiterating a strong theme. At 2:15in Revival it morphs into some modal wandering. This dropped my attention till you got back to it at 3:40. This separates the two tracks for me. Of course I am a fan of Philip Glass, so I can listen to music that varies very little for long periods of time.

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    ... Of course I am a fan of Philip Glass, so I can listen to music that varies very little for long periods of time.

I bet you'd love Techno music then! :D

• @rs2000, I do, actually. Any kind of trance music usually appeals to me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I listened to OP's track again and it's powerful. And a lot easier than moving a concert grand into a massive reverberant hall and recording it like musicians had to do in the past. These tools are amazing.

• @LinearLineman trance and techno are very different. Trance is highly structured and melodic whereas techno is basically polyrhythmic and repetitive. Each genre produces its own effect, trance for example moves crowds and gets everyone excited whereas techno is like thoughtful background music. For me Revival was sketched into Gadget crudely some years ago before I had the studio set up I currently enjoy. A Revival rewrite is in the works and I’ll take your criticisms into consideration. In fact I’d really appreciate any specific suggestions you’d care to make.

@johnathanmac
    I’ll keep the damper pedal in mind for next time. Thank you for the encouragement!