Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hardware Granular Void

Getting into the wild world of granular synthesis. I’m sure many of you know that such form of synthesis is not vastly accessible via hardware. The soon to be released GR1 by Tasty Chips does seem very promising (keeping an eye on its progress/support/growth). I have dabbled with the MicroGranny by Bastl, has its pros and cons.

Currently it seems ios is the best way to go for granular synthesis, which does it quite well with a few different app options (tried them all).
Recently discovering iPulsaret by Apesoft; it’s absolutely fantastic. This thing has open up a whole new world of sonic textures and synthesis exploration.
I highly recommend it for those in search of such.
(Also, Apesoft apps and support are overall top notch).

-just psyched on granular lately.....care to share?

Comments

• Software is better for granular I think. Unless you want tactile controls, there's no real advantage to hardware here.

and yeah iPulsaret (and iDensity) are awesome. As is spacecraft.

• @hibjshop : if you don't know Borderlands Granular, it is a masterpiece.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @hibjshop : if you don't know Borderlands Granular, it is a masterpiece.

And auv3 is on its way!

• edited May 2019

I was building an analog granular synth, but I decided it was too heavy. You put in a tape cassette, little motor, unspooled it, then a crank fed and chopped the tape into tiny little bits and a blower blew them into a chamber that shook them down and rearranged them on a conveyor belt of tape, which you could then play. You had to use a tape for each note.
    Just kidding.

• @Zjenji said:

@espiegel123 said:

And auv3 is on its way!

Really?

An update with Link is on the way, and universal thereafter. I have seen nowhere that auv3 was part of it. I would imagine that auv3 would be a much larger task and take a looong time, given BGs past update cycles.

• @bleep said:

@Zjenji said:

@espiegel123 said:

And auv3 is on its way!

Really?

An update with Link is on the way, and universal thereafter. I have seen nowhere that auv3 was part of it. I would imagine that auv3 would be a much larger task and take a looong time, given BGs past update cycles.

Hey @bleep thank you for catching that! No, auv3 hasn’t been announced. Sorry if I got anyone’s hopes up. There is an exciting update coming, though! Check out his IG page for some teaser vids. https://www.instagram.com/borderlands_granular/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=XOcNoAAAAAF2Gpx1QCfJMq8cl2xi

• Eurorack has many granular synths: Clouds, Morphagene, Nebulae, and a number of others.

• @Multicellular said:
    I was building an analog granular synth, but I decided it was too heavy. You put in a tape cassette, little motor, unspooled it, then a crank fed and chopped the tape into tiny little bits and a blower blew them into a chamber that shook them down and rearranged them on a conveyor belt of tape, which you could then play. You had to use a tape for each note.
    Just kidding.

Outa site!! Let's build that beast :D

• I downloaded The Mangle today oldie but still interesting to use ! Also look out for one of your favourite iOS granular synths coming to the big screen desktop soon.

• @rs2000 said:

@Multicellular said:
    Just kidding.

Outa site!! Let's build that beast :D

Xenakis probably would have appreciated having such a machine:
    https://www.granularsynthesis.com/hthesis/xenakis.html

• @aplourde said:
    Xenakis probably would have appreciated having such a machine:
    https://www.granularsynthesis.com/hthesis/xenakis.html

Ha exactly...I couldn't remember where I'd heard that or the name. Read about that decades ago.

• the king of em all:
    ( osx and win )
    the monster Crusher-x
    ( but yeah - expensive... )

https://www.accsone.com