Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Galileo 2, Magellan and All Yonac Apps On Sale 5/21/19

Not sure about the rest of Yonac, but Magellan for three bucks? Amazing.

Comments

• All of the Yonac apps are on sale.

• Any thoughts on which inapps to get with Magellan. The Yonac 65 preset? The Explorer bundle 192 presets?

Also, anyone use Steel Guitar? Plus the guitar bundle?

• Downloaded Steel Guitar for free... but no sound. I did all the usual explorations. Anyone?

• edited May 2019

Steel Guitar! it had some great sounds, fun to play with... but yeah I just tried to open it and there's no sound. the only thing I can get to produce sound is the metronome. It may be in need up an iOS 12 update?

• Magellan is amazing
    also kaspar is really nice with the @Spidericemidas presets

• edited May 2019

Oh and the presets @brice made for kaspar are really good too!

• @LinearLineman I LOVE Steel Guitar. It's brilliant and I bought the full IAP package. Used it on a number of tracks, most recently with @thesoundtestroom and @AlterEgo_UK for our LIly's Gone Mad project.

Fantastic and wholly underrated app.

• @Daveypoo what iOS are you using? @Hmtx and I are coming up soundless.

• The latest version. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

I don't have my iPad handy, but I'll check it out later.

Here's a couple tracks featuring Steel Guitar:

Lily's Longing: https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/track/lilys-longing

Lilies for Lily: https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/track/lilies-for-lily

The Steel Guitar on Lilies for Lily was recorded live on a trans-Atlantic flight!

• @Hmtx, it is not the iOS. I tried it on my iPad 4 same result on 10.3. I posted a five star review based on what I heard here and described the problem. I asked Yonac to post an answer on the forum.

Thanks @Daveypoo, a nice track that Lily's Longing (a little flashback to the sixties a la Dylan going electric and Al Kooper and a smudge of Beatles in the guitar playing). I will get the guitar bundle if I can get it working. Great sound and playing.

• Thank you, sir. I have a soft spot for that app - I initially scoffed at the mere idea but was blown away by the sound. I had so much fun with it the first night that I wen ahead and bought the whole enchilada.

I hope you can get it working - I'll report back later when I'm at the airport and have a chance to sit down with the iPad.

• edited May 2019

@hmtx, figured it out... it is pedal steel, after all (duh). You play the slanted bar on the right, not the strings. Try that please. I assume the other guitars are normal string playing.

@Daveypoo ... you mean the app only works at airports?! Thanks for going to all the trouble, but not necessary 😜🤣🛩✈️🚀 Flying Al Italia I hope.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @hmtx, figured it out... it is pedal steel, after all (duh). You play the slanted bar on the right, not the strings. Try that please. I assume the other guitars are normal string playing.

Yes - you strum the strings over the pickup with one hand and move the bar with the other. I turned off the slanted function as I found it too finicky for my liking. I also have the guitar flipped to Lefty - for some reason, it works better for my brain as it's layed out more like a piano that way with my right hand playing the lead. Even though I'm right handed and play guitar right handed as well, I found that I'm better in that app as a Lefty - go figure.

And thanks @LinearLineman for the kind words about Lily's Longing - I'm particularly proud of that track. Colin played some beautiful bass and lead guitar parts that brought the whole thing together.

• edited May 2019

yeah, thanks @Daveypoo the delete/reinstall worked for me.

@LinearLineman Right, it is a bit odd since its plays exactly like a real slide guitar. postion the slide with your left hand and strum/pluck with the right hand. But you are right, you can't strum over the frets. You have to strum over the pick-up area or it gets no sound.

• @Daveypoo, Hard to believe the Secretary of State (defense?) reinvented himself as a musician, but more power to him. The rest of the guitars are played normally, right?
    And I am a lefty (well, left handed anyway). Where are you off to?

• Yonac's Steel Guitar broke my heart. It's a "screen only" musical device... and it sounds amazing but I want MIDI.

Let's all beg for MIDI in an Update or IAP. MPE would be ideal with the MPE keyboard options. It could be one of their top apps with this update or IAP.

• edited May 2019

@McD... you mean it won't play via keyboard? Can you plug it in to a prerecorded midi track?

There is a 4.99 inapp that lists advanced midi features... any help?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD... you mean it won't play via keyboard? Can you plug it in to a prerecorded midi track?

No. It only makes sound using the graphical interface. So sad given how amazing the samples are.
    I never open it. I'd have to use a loop back through my audio interface just to record it. It's a standalone
    musical toy. We have come so far from those days when dev's made these types of one use apps. This one
    is ripe for an update to gives us access to those amazing Pedal Steel samples.

• Is it actually samples or some kind of modelling?

• edited May 2019

@McD , it will plug in to a pre recorded midi track but not play the notes. It can set up as an audio and midi track but does not record (returning to Cubasis after recording a few notes on the onscreen fretboard) strangely, it does seem to record, but the midi and audio disappears a split second after opening CB.

Here is a mouth watering vid...

• @JonLewis said:
    Is it actually samples or some kind of modelling?

I believe that it is sample based. You can hear the switch in samples somewhere around the 10th-ish fret or so.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Daveypoo, Hard to believe the Secretary of State (defense?) reinvented himself as a musician, but more power to him. The rest of the guitars are played normally, right?

Yes - Colin did all the guitar harmonies with his non-screen-based-stringed-instrument.

Flying home to California from a trip to Salt Lake City. Not my favorite place, so I'm happy to be heading home.

• @Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @Daveypoo, Hard to believe the Secretary of State (defense?) reinvented himself as a musician, but more power to him. The rest of the guitars are played normally, right?

Yes - Colin did all the guitar harmonies with his non-screen-based-stringed-instrument.

Flying home to California from a trip to Salt Lake City. Not my favorite place, so I'm happy to be heading home.

Thanks for posting @Daveypoo and for the nice comments @LinearLineman . If I remember correctly my harmony guitar parts were also done using a Yonac app: Tonestack with bass through Jamup Pro. :smiley:

And on Lilies for Lily I used Ravenscroft Piano and the cello from Thumbjam, in case anyone was wondering :wink:

• Excellent ‘big’ sound to all the Yonac synths, quite unique imho