Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playing in the style of....without changing guitar sound.

I thought it would be an interesting thing to do(maybe just for me😉😉).
I use my rivera amp with some fender cabs ir.
I use i convolver,aum,adverb 2 and MTdaw.
For those interested,don’t hesitate asking questions.
Thanks!

Comments

• Great playing and tone @flo26. To my ears there is a Frank Zappa feel to the solos. Well done.

• Clapton, SRV and Jeff Beck inspired solos?

It's a guitar masterclass. Getting the right answers for the soloists being emulated and comparing this to the originals could help a student figure out a lot about how to use the instrument for great effect.

• edited May 2019

@McD said:
    Clapton, SRV and Jeff Beck inspired solos?

It's a guitar masterclass. Getting the right answers for the soloists being emulated and comparing this to the originals could help a student figure out a lot about how to use the instrument for great effect.

Blackmore,hendrix,jeff beck.
    It seems i’ve missed my goal😉😉.
    It’s a very interesting experience.yes,everything is in the fingers,in the soul and in the heart,not only in the amp settings.
    The amp will only give you what you send to it.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2019

@flo26 said:
    Blackmore,hendrix,jeff beck.
    It seems i’ve missed my goal😉😉.

Not at all. I just don't have any familiarity with Blackmore and I assumed Hendrix might need
    more reverb but I probably need to re-listen to the Hendrix catalog. So, I grabbed the players
    closest to the source but knowing I was not that close. I'm stoked I got Jeff Beck right. I've only listened to him seriously in recent years and mostly in YouTube live recordings to see how he does it.

I got a boost by watching Wes Montgomery on a Youtube and then used my thumb all day and it's
    opened new doors for tone. And those amazing octave leads.

• Hi @flo26
    I am not familiar enough to talk about Blackmore or Beck, but for the Hendrix part, I heard a lot of similarities with Hendrix's playing on "Born under a bad sign" which I consider to be the best electric guitar blues solo ever recorded. Your playing is amazing!

• Definitely talking with that @flo26! Nice attacks and feels. I notice Zappa and Beck mostly. Definitely versatile with the gear and playing.

• Thanks guys!
    Have fun!
    Flo

• McDMcD
    edited May 2019

This needs more time on the front page for those weekly visitors to check out and get more praise for your work. People should check out your SoundCloud.

I can even tell you play guitar in french until you sing.

• edited May 2019

Thanks so much!!
    Much appreciated!!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Flo

• @flo26 I think your playing is brilliant, but this you already know. And while this is impressive to be sure (seriously!), I have a challenge for you.

I'd like to see you copy the styles of these same guitarists without changing your tone, but over the SAME backing track and in the SAME solo. In fact - I'd like to see you ape your heroes, and then finish the solo in your OWN style using things you learned from each of them.

What do you think? Up for the challenge?

B)

• Rick Wakeman (ex-Yes keyboardist) does a similar exercise in his recent tour. He plays the same tune in six different composer styles and you guess each one. He learnt this when studying at the Royal Academy of Music before forming the group.

Go one super-Flo..... you can do it.

• @Jomodu said:
    Go one super-Flo..... you can do it.

Absolutely - I KNOW he can do it, and I'm psyched to hear how this might turn out....

• Challenge? I'd be happy with a track of @flo26 tuning. It's all so good.
    (of course it makes me obsess with wanting to own his equipment but I've learned my lesson).

I need to watch some videos about sweeping muted strings into the note and add that to my
    toolbox. As a recovering drummer I know that grace notes separate the average from the great musicians.
    Of course, I still need to work on being average but it's enjoying the exertion of the hike and not the just the view from a summit.

• The hardest part of this is finding the right backing track.
    Challenge accepted🙀.
    Thanks guys!

• Hendrix and Beck are great, Blackmore is a tad to „controlled“ to my taste, in his best moments Blackmore always balanced on the borderline of chaos...

• I tend to agree,but this often happens when live and everything can be out of control.
    Great things can then happen😉😉.

• I was in a music shop next to the local music venue many years ago when BB King walked in. He picked up some cheap pointy metal head guitar and plugged into a dinky solid state crap amp and started playing. What did it sound like? Sure enough, it sounded dead on like BB King. Tone is more in the fingers and in your bones than you realize.