Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS sidekick AUv3 plugin by BLEASS

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1462418779

The BLEASS sidekick AUv3 is the world's first iOS AUv3 effect plugin that offers a kick drum synth and sequencer coupled with a sidechain compressor in order to bring unique and creative dynamics to your music!
All music producers alike will enjoy the instant pumping effect in the mix and the fully customizable kick drum sonic impact brought by the BLEASS sidekick Audio Unit plugin.

Inspired by the classic 808 analog sound as well as many other legendary drum machines, the drumsynth features extensive and precise parameters to get punchy / boomy / drum kick sounds:

• kick tuning, decay and volume
  • sinus to triangle waveforms
  • fine-tuned hardness, body and impact adjustments
  • punch envelope with power and decay
  • ghost mode (to simulate the sidechain compressor without the sound of the kick)
  • trigger mode AU parameter

________Sidechain Compressor / Ducker

• compression triggered by the kick
  • threshold, ratio and makeup sliders
  • attack and release for precise compression envelope

________Step Sequencer :

• up to 16 steps sequencer
  • ternary and binary steps resolution from 8 to 32th.
  • adjustable groove (swing)

________Audio Unit :

• All settings accessible via Audio Unit parameters
  • Universal compatibility with iOS 10 or higher
  • resource-efficient and low CPU usage

By using the treshold and ghost mode parameter, you also can use the BLEASS sidekick either only as a kick drum generator or only as a sidechain compressor.
BLEASS sidekick also includes a standalone version that can be used along an external audio input.

Check out www.bleass.com for video tutorials and demos !

*** NOTE : this is an Audio Unit Effect Plugin (AUv3) which ideally requires a compatible host (such as AUM, Audiobus, GarageBand, BeatMaker 3, Auria or Cubasis) ***

We recommend using quality headphones or studio monitor speakers with a good frequency response

Comments

• Instant buy Bleass damm it.

• Oh my...this is excellent...
    Very “Noir” like but with an integrated sidechain effect...

• Sidechain!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

• Video? Sounds like?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Video? Sounds like?

Dougs just done a live stream showing it off.

• Here is my Live Stream for the BLEASS Sidekick...nice

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my Live Stream for the BLEASS Sidekick...nice

Awesome!

• Can the kick be a completely silent trigger in the equation? I would assume so but that’s where I get into trouble.

• edited May 2019

@brice said:
    Can the kick be a completely silent trigger in the equation? I would assume so but that’s where I get into trouble.

@brice
    There is a Ghost on/off which keeps the ducking features but kills the kick.

• Would any current Sidekick owners be so kind as to list out or grab a screenshot of the exposed AU parameters? The description says “all settings”, so I’d love to know if the Step triggers are exposed. I’m interested in driving the patterns from Mozaic in order to have a few “snapshots” to jump between. Cheers!

• edited May 2019

No offence to the Bleass team.. but my 'bullshit senses' always go up when a developer uses the term world first in their app description.

• edited May 2019
  • @Jumpercollins said:

@brice said:
    Can the kick be a completely silent trigger in the equation? I would assume so but that’s where I get into trouble.

@brice
    There is a Ghost on/off which keeps the ducking features but kills the kick.

Thank you, my friend. That’s exactly what I needed to know.

• Thank you, @Jumpercollins! Looks like we’re in business...

• edited May 2019

Looks nice. I wonder: Is it only velocity that can be adjusted for each step? Or can you dial in pitch (or hardness or punch or whatever) per step? That would be an instabuy for me.

• Rad! Bleass is releasing some good stuffs!!

• Is the plan for more drum synth like hat/perc generator? How does this compare to the one by Blue Mangoo outside of sidechaining?

• But does it have sidechaining?! Ha!

After their awesome delay and reverb (Freeze mode!!), Bleass effects are in instabuy status for me. Funny enough I never bought their main groovebox.

• I haven't bought the groovebox either. Their effects are great, though I wish they'd vary up the colors in UI. Everything being blue, orange, and white is a bit much.

I bought this last night and it's pretty cool. An sidechain FX that's also a bass drum. I was thinking the other way around, so I didn't get it. I do wish you could have multiple patterns that you could loop rather than just using AU parameters for the step sequencer.

• How do you trigger the AU kick via midi?

• @gusgranite said:
    How do you trigger the AU kick via midi?

I think you have to use it’s built in sequencer or something which is one of the reasons I didn’t get it...

• @Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

I think you have to use it’s built in sequencer or something which is one of the reasons I didn’t get it...

Whaaat? Very surprised. @bleassapp any chance this will come? Thx

• @gusgranite said:

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

Whaaat? Very surprised. @bleassapp any chance this will come? Thx

Honestly I'd love to see them make AUv3 Instruments in the future.
    So maybe an option here would be use the 'Kick' from this AUv3 as a separate instrument?
    (It is possible to bake in multiple AUv3's into a single bundle so that could be one way to do it?).

• Hi guys!

Thanks for the great feedbacks.
    we are going to make a new tutorial asap showing that the BLEASS sidekick can be used:
    either as a standalone kick generator app
    or a standalone sidechain compressor
    and also how to trig the kick from an external app (using midi AU parameters)
    we are working on this ASAP!

cheers!

• hi guys,

as promised, here's a tutorial explaining how to trig the sidekick with an external input (harware or App)
    feel free to ask questions if something is still unclear! Thank you!

It's not possible to use the BLEASS sidekick as a sequencer, yet as long as you can use any other sequencer, there are no more limitation !

• Excellent!

• Version 1.3 now offers multi-bus output audio routing (compatible with AUM) which means that you can now route the Kick's audio into a different channel!

• @White said:
    Version 1.3 now offers multi-bus output audio routing (compatible with AUM) which means that you can now route the Kick's audio into a different channel!

Waiting for this. Thanks.
    This is my kick and sidechain, even in AUM where real sidechain is available.

• Yup. Sweet update.