Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EQ

What's your go to AU EQ?

I would have said GotoEQ by Klevgrand because it's a nice looking parametric eq but it spikes my CPU usage 10% per instance sitting idle. I got the one from 4pockets yesterday but haven't used it yet and have most/all the others. ZMors is functional and reliable.

However I like parametric / simpler mixer style EQs that I can have hands on control over for multiple tracks but curious what folks are using / like.

Comments

• In Nanostudio 2, I mostly use the built-in EQ (3 band, but simple and has all the filter types you need). If I need it, I also use Pro-Q2. :)

• Free and good enough in most cases:
    LRC5

Paid with separate Mid/Side filter set, panning and multimode filters:
    zMors EQ

Paid with modulation and dynamic modulation by envelope follower and LFO:
    AD Filterstation 2 (not really an EQ per se but a very effective addon)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    In Nanostudio 2, I mostly use the built-in EQ (3 band, but simple and has all the filter types you need). If I need it, I also use Pro-Q2. :)

same

• @rs2000 said:

zMors EQ

>

All of that is built in to AUM already.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@rs2000 said:

zMors EQ

>

I'd love to see an AUM screenshot of such an EQ setup :)

• 6144 equalizer by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag
    And Pro Q.

• @rs2000 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@rs2000 said:

zMors EQ

>

I'd love to see an AUM screenshot of such an EQ setup :)

Nothing to it. Tap the plus sign to open an fx circle. Choose stereo processing or filters as desired.

• @rs2000 said:
    Free and good enough in most cases:
    LRC5

zMors EQ

Paid with modulation and dynamic modulation by envelope follower and LFO:
    AD Filterstation 2 (not really an EQ per se but a very effective

Dude! Thank you for making me aware of LRC5. I had no idea that was out there. AU, 5 eq bands, and you can save your presets. And free, nice!

• Fabfilter Pro-Q 2 ruined all other EQs for me. There’s really nothing quite comparable to its unique and easily-powerful UI.

• I find in Nanostudio convenience trumps Pro-Q most of the time for quick sound fixes, but when I need something more powerful there's nothing else really like it.

• Oh yah, I load up on ProQ2s and only if I run into CPU issues then I may delete a couple instances and use the in house ones,

Looking forward to ProQ3 dynamic EQ. Tried the desktop demo, fantastic.