Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ApeMatrix: how does the Mixer Send Receive AU work?

I can’t work out how to use ApeMatrix’s Mixer Send Receive AU in GarageBand. I can load it in the effects slot of tracks, but it doesn’t send anything. Sometimes one of the buses has a pulsing number next to it.

How does one choose which instance sends, and which receives? The manual makes it look like there are two mixer plugins, but I only ever see one available.

Share Audio Between Plugin Instances, it works as a normal AUv3 plugin in apeMatrix and/or all common audio hosts.

The plugin Input is used to RECEIVE and mixes an audio signal into a selected buss, the plugin Output is used to SEND an audio signal that has been mixed onto a selected buss.

There are 16 buses available, default bus is ‘A’, the badge number, shows the actual instances of plugin which are sending/receiving audio relative to bus. You cannot send/receive audio outside of the host app boundary (sandbox), there is no imposed limit to the number of plugin instances”.

I’m trying to send audio from one GarageBand track to another.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Load it in as an FX on the track you want to send from. Then create an audio recording track, and add it again as an FX on that track. The audio coming out from the one first channel will now be available in the second. If you want to hear it in the second track, turn on monitoring for that track. You’ll hear it from both, and it’ll sound phased due to delay. So you might want to mute the first track.

Results weren’t good in my tests though. Sometimes it worked, but often I got garbled audio.

• OK great, I’ll try that. I managed to get it working once, and that may be because I enabled monitoring.

I wonder if it’s good enough to get recordings in sync?

• edited May 2019

Problem one: The audio recording track has no monitor option:

Also, it’s recording all the noise from the external mic.