Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Enter here and abandon all ye touch screens...

edited May 2019 in Other

https://github.com/cinnamon-bun/waffletone

The physical object
This document describes one way to build a Waffletone using typing-keyboard hardware.

It acts like a USB MIDI keyboard -- plug it into a host device (computer, ipad) and it sends MIDI events over USB. But it's built out of hardware usually used for computer (typing) keyboards.

It doesn't make sound by itself. It needs a host device running a synthesizer which makes sound.

Design criteria
Notes are arranged with regularity so that transposing is easy (unlike a piano or guitar)
Notes are arranged to allow easy understanding of chords
It requires minimal hand or finger force to play
It places the hands and arms in an ergonomic position

Comments

• Wow!! Very cool project. Thanks for sharing. Easy transposing keyboards are the future! Are you selling PCB's?

• @Processaurus said:
    Wow!! Very cool project. Thanks for sharing. Easy transposing keyboards are the future! Are you selling PCB's?

This project isn't mine, its Cinnamon-bun on Github. Apparently it uses the "same hardware used by the DIY mechanical keyboard community." Ortholinear keyboard.

see — > r/mechanicalKeyboards

PCB keebio $19.99

https://keeb.io/collections/frontpage/products/bfo-9000-keyboard-customizable-full-size-split-ortholinear

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    I get knots in my brain when I try to play a few simple chords on this?
    Learn to play the piano kids. ;)

But I understand 😉

• edited May 2019
  • It’d be ideal if the directions can be flipped by the user (not just this product, but all keyboards / grids and surfaces for music). I find the piano keyboard intentionally obtuse and backward. The frequency should rise as I go toward the left, not the opposite as it is now. After all, my guitar goes higher in pitch as I go toward the left, this feels intuitive in my mind. Wouldn’t surprise me if the keyboard were invented by those right-handed people, who inevitably do everything backwards.

• @Max23 said:

all these "alternative" layouts are for folks that can't play piano.
    I could not play these with two hands,
    you can not feel where the notes are -you have to look
    and I hate ergnomical keyboards, they are a lot of bs.
    and there is no pitchbend and no modulation and no pedal input and no velocity and no aftertouch.
    expressive as block of wood to chop wood on.
    yuck
    its enough to enter a few notes in a step seq, not worth the effort, I can do that on a qwerty as well :/

MPE is the future
    this thing is what the future looked like in the 60s.

Don’t hold back — say what you really mean ;)

• @u0421793 said:
    It’d be ideal if the directions can be flipped by the user (not just this product, but all keyboards / grids and surfaces for music). I find the piano keyboard intentionally obtuse and backward. The frequency should rise as I go toward the left, not the opposite as it is now. After all, my guitar goes higher in pitch as I go toward the left, this feels intuitive in my mind. Wouldn’t surprise me if the keyboard were invented by those right-handed people, who inevitably do everything backwards.

Especially for you.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bismark-lefthanded/id601767831?mt=8

• edited May 2019
  • Surprised at the layout. All the research suggests a Linnstrument/Roli Block style grid going up in fourths is generally optimal - see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233783923_Isomorphic_Tessellations_for_Musical_Keyboards

• @Max23 said:
    all these "alternative" layouts are for folks that can't play piano.
    I could not play these with two hands,
    you can not feel where the notes are -you have to look
    the only "alternative" layout that makes sense to me is a piano keyboard without black keys to play microtonal ...

@charalew said:
    Surprised at the layout. All the research suggests a Linnstrument/Roli Block style grid going up in fourths is generally optimal - see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233783923_Isomorphic_Tessellations_for_Musical_Keyboards

I see these layouts making sense for a hybrid use case like the launchpad. Play notes, launch patterns. Makes sense enough to me for that with Ableton. And common chords are not too bad in the 4ths setup.

Still ya I can play a piano more fluidly...without looking at it.

• This is why I want Qwerty to MIDI support on iOS.

I already do this with a programmable mechanical numpad and Ableton.

:)

• edited May 2019