Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.7.2 update announcement

Hello all,

I hope you had a nice holiday season, bellow you will find a link to our official announcement about the new Cubasis version:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=53869

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• At this point I don't really care. I deleted Cubasis when the 1.7 update came out as it is now unusable to any extent. GarageBand has more functionality. To have this huge issue happening, making your user base who paid $50 for software that doesn't work. Never again.

• I love Cubasis and it works flawlessly for me. I do almost all of my recording with it if I am staying within the Ipad domain and not recording into hardware or my PC. Thanks for the great app as I find it to be worth everything I spent on it. Yes it is my most expensive app but it was fairly complete and not loaded with In app purchases.

• Any timeframe on update for update. Cubasis was running well on my ipad2 before the last update, as long as it was in the AB output slot, and that was on IOS 7 platform. So, I don't think IOS 7 is the culprit this time.

• Hello,

Actually this post explains the many posibilites and some of the cases why users where experiencing performance issues.

"Please note that these limitations are inherent to iOS. We tested similar settings with other competiting apps and these performance problems also appear there if you drive the system to the limit. With Cubasis it is easier to get to the limits of your iPad because it is easier to seamlessly combine many different apps (effects and instruments) using Audiobus and Inter-App Audio with the internal instruments. "

Best regards,
    GN

• All great advice on that post from Stienberg, Personally I follow all those rules for everything and if I'm recording I go into airplane mode. Anyone who watches the videos I make will know that I use Cubasis all the time because for me its very stable and quick to use. I think a big problem at the moment and the reason we all have weird stuff going on is we've had a couple of huge changes to our environment, one being IAA and the other iOS7. It will most likely be a while before its all sorted out but once it is I'm sure it will be much better.

• I did use same test before, and after update and got different results, which is why I'm saying something was introduced in last update, not just IOS inherent.

• When I came across the issues personally, the CPU meter in Cubasis was around 50% to 70 % which suggest it was not a CPU issue and it was not a Ram issue in the traditional sense of apps closing randomly as nothing closed randomly.

I hope the update solves my issues, fingers crossed on this one ;)

• This post from Steinberg doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm getting glitches where new audio comes in or where it loops. iPad 3 with several GB free, following all the other advice. It's quite put me off making music on the iPad.

• Cubasis is good and work well for me on my little ipad2. I freeze all my tracks before opening another IAA app, i stay on airplaine mode, and i use cMemory to clear the ram before... and it's good like that.

@commonstookie : Auria is fantastic of course, but it's not the same (for the moment). I use Cubasis to produce eletro music and Auria when i want to make a song with real instrument.

But it's true that Rim said that he will add a midi seq in Auria... If it work fine... with Automation, sidechain, internal FX (PSP, Fab filter, Sugarbyte...), IAA, complete mixer...cubasis will be far far behind.
    I love steinberg, i learnt computer music with cubasis on atari, now i work on cubase 7 on my computer... and i started with cubasis on ipad. It's like an old love story. I don't want to be unfaithful (like my french president ^^)...

• @goldfish Cubase on Atari. Now those were the days :D

Every now and then I sit with my iPad in had and marvel at how far we've come....and of course we still want more...

(..and your final comment made me smile!)

• I upgraded from a mini to a mini retina during the 1.7 release. It was really quite bad on the original mini (16gb too) and I was giving up hope on a very buggy or more resource intensive release. But with the retina it is 95% fine ... I just don't seem to get any major problems.

It's sad that chucking ram / cpu at it seemed to be the way to make a lot of it go away, but that has been my experience.

Having said that, people are reporting some very basic glitches with minimal tracks, so I'm glad there will be a 1.7.2... although everything delaying 1.8 & automation (when I'll REALLY start using the DAW effectively) is a bit frustrating!

@ Skipp - Yup, old skool cubase user here to, so while I love Auria, there is something about Cubase that feels so familiar ;)

• Yeah, certainly fewer problems since upgrading to Air. If anything, Cubase crashes less than other stuff. Safari is a repeat offender!

• Cubasis works fine by me. The only thing Im hoping for in a future update is automation and sidechain compression. Then it would be my nr 1 app!
    Please Steinberg...pretty please :)

• edited January 2014

I crash Safari on my Air like twice a day. It's ridiculous. I can't even begin to imagine why that hasn't been fixed already.

Anyway, moving on. The headline of the thread caught my eye because I was sort of interested to see what Steinberg was going to be adding. I don't have Cubasis installed right now, but that doesn't mean they couldn't bring me back in with an awesome update. I did drop 50 bucks on it, after all. Too bad they didn't share any details about the fixes or new features in the press release. I guess it's nice of them to drop by though.

• Have to wait 4 months to buy the air...it's hard !
    But i think it's the time needed for steinberg to bring automation (maybe sidechain).
    For the moment, my ipad 2 is just a tool to store my ideas.

• I was just thinking....
    Are developers doing random updates now to get promo codes for NAMM?

• @Goldfish,sorry,i should have been clearer.I wasn't comparing apps.i posted the link, as the issues seem to be more then a maxing out of the ipad...(main theme of the steinberg statement..?)

Cubasis has more bugs then a Harare hooker and I fear the fix list will (again) be longer then her client list of Lusaka lorry drivers.

• The logical step for Steinberg is to bring VST plugins now that they ported the SDK to iOS. That will probably be v2.0, will cost a lot of money and won't be available on my 1st gen mini :D