Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

anything similar to octachron for iphone?

I love octachron for my ipad! but unfortunately it’s not available for iphone( at least i don’t think it is). Is there anything similar to it?
I have rosetta xo but i want to be able to control the velocity of each step.

Comments

• Well, not similar to Octachron, but Beathawk can be used as a MIDI sequencer (including CCs) on an iPhone.

• @eross said:
    I love octachron for my ipad! but unfortunately it’s not available for iphone( at least i don’t think it is). Is there anything similar to it?
    I have rosetta xo but i want to be able to control the velocity of each step.

I’m pretty sure the dev is working on Octachron for iPhone. It was already working for iPhone early in beta. Just some things to work out with the layout I think.

I have no idea when/if it’ll be released, but my guess is that it’ll come. I think he just wanted to get the iPad version nailed down first.

• I’ll be buying Octachron when it’s universal.

• aghh very cool! thanks i’m looking forward to universal version

• yeah, just a little patience... I hope he will go universal eventually... fingers crossed though ;)

• @klownshed said:
    I’ll be buying Octachron when it’s universal.

Same

• As I recall, the original iPhone version worked pretty well. Most of the interface scales down and works nicely on a small screen. I think just the layout of the song mode sequences at the top was going to be a little tricky.

• I think I’d use octachron much more on the phone as I obviously always have that with me and if I have 10 mins to kill it would be awesome to have something like it on the phone.

Coupled with aum, stepbud, rozeta and ruismaker it would be a powerful and fun.

I’ve bought a few universal apps that are close to unusable on the iPhone But Judging by octachron’s iPad interface I have every confidence the iPhone version will be very nicely designed.

The universal apps that work best for me have different interfaces on the iPhone with for example more tabs to see everything clearly rather than try and cram everything from the iPad version on one screen.