Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

drum breaks app

Hiya

Is there a good app for live editing & performing drum breaks ?

Jonah

Comments

• man i wish, that would be awesome

• @weepy Can you give some more info about what you mean please? Not sure I understand the question.

• @weepy Is there a desktop equivalent you’re thinking of?

• edited May 2019

@gusgranite I mean something like Junglator => (the inner keyboard bit), but more customisable.

• Oh cool. Hmm, it’s making me think of WerkBench but not quite the same.

Maybe BM3? Slice a loop to pads and then add FX per pad?

• i's sure this is where @LuisMartinez expertise comes in

• the combination of Sector, Patterning, and Turnado will make you bleed happiness

• egoist too

• @weepy I miss Junglator :(

• @weepy said:
    Hiya

Any Luis Martinez app will do. Future Drummer especially. Sector and Patterning also.

• @kobamoto said:
    the combination of Sector, Patterning, and Turnado will make you bleed happiness

What he said.

• Egoist = one of the best in the iOS breaks game: endless chop / rearrange power within a smart UI.

• Blocs Wave has to be worth a look.

• @weepy said:
    Hiya

Jonah

Groove rider has lot of grooves with breaks you are looking for

There’s also vinyl grooves (iap) bank c

• If we’re talking live FX and performance of different elements of a break (kick, snare, etc.) like in the Junglator example then I think that might rule out a few apps mentioned. Lumbeat apps don’t give you that. I don’t think you can easily trigger the Egoist FX across different sample loop points either can you? Groove Rider can do it I think once you load up the break elements to different pads. Not sure about Sector or Glitchbreaks. Turnado as the FX part of it makes sense but you still need the loaded pads in an app as the source triggers.

Hmm, I bet there’s more.

• @gusgranite yes - i was interested in the expressive input mechanism. I'm actually the Junglator dev and I was trying to see if there was any value in making a more instrument based version.

• @weepy said:
    @gusgranite yes - i was interested in the expressive input mechanism. I'm actually the Junglator dev and I was trying to see if there was any value in making a more instrument based version.

thought you were going to implement sample import in Junglator???

re: app value, as long as you give the app parameter locks, sample import, sample slicing, and panning there will always be Value in making it.

• @kobamoto said:

@weepy said:
    @gusgranite yes - i was interested in the expressive input mechanism. I'm actually the Junglator dev and I was trying to see if there was any value in making a more instrument based version.

re: app value, as long as you give the app parameter locks, sample import, sample slicing, and panning there will always be Value in making it.

What he said, and Sector CAN drum break live.

• @audiblevideo said:

@kobamoto said:

@weepy said:

What he said, and Sector CAN drum break live.

Are there any videos you can recommend showing this? I like Sector but find it difficult (due to ignorance/lack of experience on my part) to get reliably interesting results from.

• edited May 2019

@espiegel123 said: > What he said, and Sector CAN drum break live.

Are there any videos you can recommend showing this? I like Sector but find it difficult (due to ignorance/lack of experience on my part) to get reliably interesting results from.

• @audiblevideo said:

@espiegel123 said: > What he said, and Sector CAN drum break live.

Nice!

• Sector is unbeatable for glitching drum breaks.

• Future Drummer could help you

If you want something more acoustic

Or Funk:

• @david_2017 said:
    Maybe this

GlitchBreaks von Alex Matheu https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/glitchbreaks/id520451538?mt=8

Glitch Breaks is a top app. Totally brilliant.

• None of these are auv3 ?

• @topaz said:
    None of these are auv3 ?

Just Egoist, mentioned once I think (most other Sugarbytes stuff are too).
    The others, no, don’t think so.

• Cheers dude, I had egoist on desktop but never used it due to the 1 bar restriction and find it impossible to get clean breaks grooves out of it. ;-)

@CracklePot said:

@topaz said:
    None of these are auv3 ?

Just Egoist, mentioned once I think (most other Sugarbytes stuff are too).
    The others, no, don’t think so.