Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No iPad sound when USB3 adapter connected

When I have the USB3 lightning adapter (CCK) plugged into my iPad Pro (2017) it mutes the sound and I can only hear it if I plug headphones in. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

Comments

• @MarkH said:
    When I have the USB3 lightning adapter (CCK) plugged into my iPad Pro (2017) it mutes the sound and I can only hear it if I plug headphones in. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

What is connected to the CCK? iOS automatically switches audio drivers when you plug one in. So, if you have something conntected to the CCK that advertises itself as handling audio output, the OS will send audio output to that device. When you plug in your headphones, that becomes the most recent device.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MarkH said:

What is connected to the CCK? iOS automatically switches audio drivers when you plug one in. So, if you have something conntected to the CCK that advertises itself as handling audio output, the OS will send audio output to that device. When you plug in your headphones, that becomes the most recent device.

I have a USB hub connected, which in turn has a mic, MIDI keyboard and a Korg nanoKontrol2 plugged into it. I've now discovered that when I unplug the mic I get the sound back. That makes about as much sense as anything else Apple-related, but at least I have it sorted :|

• @MarkH said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MarkH said:

I have a USB hub connected, which in turn has a mic, MIDI keyboard and a Korg nanoKontrol2 plugged into it. I've now discovered that when I unplug the mic I get the sound back. That makes about as much sense as anything else Apple-related, but at least I have it sorted :|

The behavior makes sense if you understand that basic rule that the most recently plugged in audio driver becomes active. The mic that is plugged into the USB hub has an associated audio driver so the OS assumes that you wanted to use it.

• @espiegel123 said:
    The behavior makes sense if you understand that basic rule that the most recently plugged in audio driver becomes active. The mic that is plugged into the USB hub has an associated audio driver so the OS assumes that you wanted to use it.

But it's not an output device, so I don't understand why that would mean I don't want to hear sound from the speaker?

• @MarkH said:

@espiegel123 said:

But it's not an output device, so I don't understand why that would mean I don't want to hear sound from the speaker?

What Mic is that and does it have a head-phone jack?

• @Samu said:

@MarkH said:

@espiegel123 said:

What Mic is that and does it have a head-phone jack?

It is a Blu Yeti and yes, I believe it has a headphone jack.

• @MarkH said:

Yes, that is expected. iOS recognizes the Blu Yeti as a 1 in/ 2out audio device so it will always send iOS system audio to your headphone jack on the Yeti while it is plugged in.

It would be really nice if there were some audio settings available in iOS system settings to override the defaults, this would especially be helpful for users who have the iPad in a docked or USB hub but don’t always want to route audio out to the audio interface.

• @Hmtx said:

@MarkH said:

Yes, that is expected. iOS recognizes the Blu Yeti as a 1 in/ 2out audio device so it will always send iOS system audio to your headphone jack on the Yeti while it is plugged in.

Au contraire, I didn't see it coming! But yes, some control would be nice.

• Enabling Multi-Routing in AudioBus might be worth a try in this case?