Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trying to sync AB3 from Mozaic ...

edited May 2019 in Support and Feedback

Mozaic au3 ->> virtual port , AB clock source: Virtual Midi
No good, AB3 doesn't seem to receive the clock message

Any hint ?

btw this is the code, nothing fancy:

@OnLoad
SetTimerInterval 30
StartTimer
@End

@OnTimer
FlashUserLed
SendMIDIOut 0xF8, 0, 0
@end

edit:
never mind, probably messing up with virtual/real ports

Comments

• Yes, code looks good. Should work on the sending end of things.

Although I haven't tried syncing Audiobus with this yet. Let us know if it works! :)

• Got it, the Virtual MIDI Bridge that one can select in AB3 isn't showed as a clock selectable source
    I managed by sending to a looper port and it works B)

Btw, thanks for Mozaic, great job !!!

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Here's an experimental clock divider / multiplier: there are limitations on how it can be used, but it may be useful for someone. I've tested it as well as I can given my limited hardware options. ;)

Basically: load it into an AUM midi plugin slot then either point some MIDI Clock at it or use Host Clock. Point the output to hardware or an external app that accepts midi clock. It won't sync AUv3 plugins inside the same host.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

MIDI Clock Tool v0.1 (Beta)
    Clock multiplier / divider for AUM (and in some cases other hosts.)

▫️ MIDI clock messages (0xF8,0,0) are sent out according to the division or multiple set by the first knob.
    ▫️ HOST Clock mode uses the host's clock and is the most accurate. The host must be running in this mode.
    ▫️ MIDI Clock mode listens for incoming clock messages. AUM must be receiving an external MIDI clock signal and that signal must be routed to the Mozaic instance.
    ▫️ BPM Dispalay: In midi clock mode this is an APROXIMATE representation of the incoming BPM. It uses the system clock which only reports to 1ms, which isn't fine enough for BPM calculation. The actual clock out messages are processed as received and are far more accurate than the BPM indicator.
    ▫️ You can start and stop the outbound clock messages with the Start/Stop button.

NOTES:
    ▫️ AUM is the only host tested that passes external MIDI Clock messages to the plugin. You must use Host Clock for other hosts.
    ▫️ Outbound MIDI Clock is also dependent on what the host allows. AUM works. AudioBus works in most cases. Other hosts may vary.
    ▫️ This will NOT sync plugins that don't accept MIDI Clock. For instance, you can't use it to affect other AUv3 plugins in the same host. It's intended mainly for external apps and hardware. There is nothing that can be done to get around this or other limitations of AUv3 hosts.