Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Signal Pattern: Computer/iPad/Interface/Mixer/Hardware

How you doin!

How about that signal path?

What is you method to your madness?

What is the preferred set up for maximum control, sound quality, and priorities really?

For me, I am always attempting to get cleanest hardware signals first and foremost.

Apps are consistent and predictable fortunately. Unfortunately, ground noise and signal interference are sometimes an issue. Often times to my surprise it is less about the gear and more about the wiring of the house or the quality of extension cords and plug strips I use.

On top of an array of lizards and many heat lamps and basking lights being powered as well.

So, what is your method to get best sound when using a hybrid set up in your music making to get the best sound?

Mixer sound going into interface, interface into mixer, where is the iOS signal going, what is the iPad getting, computer involved, hardware, stereo, mono......yada yada.

Loopop(Youtube) has a great vid on ground noise if you are interested also.

Pics of said set ups may also be beneficial to the community for ideas and discussions.

Regards.

RZK

Comments

• That takes care of ground loops for me.

I can never really decide on a permanent setup. If I'm home and can use my iMac, I often just use the headphone out on the ipads/iphones.

• @BroCoast said:

That takes care of ground loops for me.

I can never really decide on a permanent setup. If I'm home and can use my iMac, I often just use the headphone out on the ipads/iphones.

Wow very cool thanks!

• Yeah, this made my main monitors much cleaner. There's an ART one for like $60 on Amazon/Sweetwater etc.