Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iReal Pro users: Please petition feature request for Ableton Link and MIDI output support!

I currently use the iOS app NAVICHORD to be able to create simple chord progressions which are simple 3-5 note chords played just straight.

NAVICHORD lets me feed the MIDI from this chord to one or more iOS or external synths and lets be assign the bottom Root ( or slash bass ) to a bass sound or arpeggiator while feeding the entire chord to - for example a synth with a pad preset, or a synth with an arpeggiator.

I use Ableton Link to synchronise the temporal BPM and bar-positions to every other app running in iOS ( or on a MAC/PC DAW )

Simply feeding this chord and its ROOT midi note to instruments in an iPad rig - wired by MIDI can produce some wonderfully rich multi-arpeggiated sounds - from simple chord progressions entered into NAVICHORD.

But navichord doesn't have the rich feature set or number of bars or arranger feature of iReal Pro.

iReal Pro would find a totally new user-base - one which even uses iReal Pro in LIVE situations for PLAYBACK instead of merely for sight reading charts - if iReal finally supports Ableton Link - and - instead of using its internal instruments - allows us to send MIDI from any style - to external instruments.

The sonic potential and scope for reinvention of old jazz standards with external Ableton-Link-syncronised drum machines would be so much fun.

And would turn iRealB from being just a practice tool and on-stage "RealBook" into an actual music performance and production tool.

ABLETON LINK + MIDI OUTPUT !!! MAKE IT SO!!!

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showthread.php?22335-Ableton-Link-MIDI-CHORD-BASS-Output-for-external-synths-arpeggiators-etc&p=55553#post55553

Comments

• Hopefully this does happen one day.
    Until then exporting midi from ireal to gadget can be instant fun, then on into ableton set as midi and anything can play these wonderful tunes, and of course rearranged!

Although midi out directly from irealbook would be amazing, especially to be able to “trigger” measures just like you do chords in navichord. Quantize triggers, and remix the standards in real time. That’s what I’d like!
    Put

• Once NAVICHORD supports bigger bar-counts and better arrangement features for switching between sections and allows import of MusicXML files exported by iReal Pro , NAVICHORD will suffice for much stuff I plan to use.