Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

When Last We Waltzed / Roli Noise Shimmered

After a 100 tracks.... a waltz. Ravenscroft 275 and Shigeru Concert Pianos, BeatHawk choir, iSymphonic flute ensemble, ThumbJam cello and lots of fun MPEing with Roli Noise (plus Shimmer).

Comments

• This is a wonderful piece Mr Piano artist, worth more than just one listen :+1: :smiley:

• Thank you @rs2000 ... I wonder how many on the forum waltz? Doesn’t sound very millennial!

• McDMcD
    edited May 2019

I waltz. Umm-pah-pah. Step-together-slide or fall-together-roll. Roll, Roll, Roll in the Hay.

Nice track line-ster. It holds up well throughout. That surprise in the ending had me looking out the window at the Vietnamese Take-out Restaurant for the rescue vehicle. I had to play it
    twice just to be sure it was you doing it.

Can you play in some 5/4 and maybe end it with a cannon blast as a companion piece?
    Anything Odd would be a good bookend: 1, 7, 9, 11, 13... 217.

• Wonderful!

• Thank you @Pierre118. Thanks for listening (again!).

Haha @McD, if BeatHawk had a klaxon I would have used it. Expect the unexpected! (at least I got you to listen twice 😜)

• @McD said:
    Can you play in some 5/4 and maybe end it with a cannon blast as a companion piece?
    Anything Odd would be a good bookend: 1, 7, 9, 11, 13... 217.

Nononono - I want the next piece to be Linear Lineman meets Charles Ives with all the appropriately inherent dissonance and cacophony.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Nononono - I want the next piece to be Linear Lineman meets Charles Ives with all the appropriately inherent dissonance and cacophony.

Did you already put in the request? If not, no cutting in line.

(I don't think he actually takes requests but he does seem to get inspired by ideas).

He could make some decent Ives by just loading up 2 dissimilar Cubasis projects and
    mixing it to stereo. Like when Ive's had 2 marching bands walk past each other playing
    2 different Marches. @LinearLineman does seem to be working towards mastering Mastering. He's working towards a Box Set release. Nothing inspires creation like goals with
    timelines.

• @McD said:
    He could make some decent Ives by just loading up 2 dissimilar Cubasis projects and
    mixing it to stereo. Like when Ive's had 2 marching bands walk past each other playing
    2 different Marches.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If he could get multiple iPads each playing different compositions of his marching around in a room he'd be Charles Ives v2.0

• @Daveypoo said:
    This is exactly what I was thinking. If he could get multiple iPads each playing different compositions of his marching around in a room he'd be Charles Ives v2.0

We need an app that positions 2 tracks in 3D space and moves them around based on a GUI Map with a "Charles Ives Parade" Preset. It could sell IAP's of Sounds like Motorcycles, Helicopters, Angry Mobs, Monsoons.

Meanwhile, we're keeping this track on the front page for a few more listens. What are friends for?

Any update on your potential expatriation?

• @Daveypoo @McD .... you have struck a nerve. Actually, my teacher compared my junk to Ives a lot. I may just have to rev up the old transpose function in Cubasis!

• @McD said:

@Daveypoo said:

We need an app that positions 2 tracks in 3D space and moves them around based on a GUI Map with a "Charles Ives Parade" Preset. It could sell IAP's of Sounds like Motorcycles, Helicopters, Angry Mobs, Monsoons.

Contact the developer of Borderlands Granular for this...

Meanwhile, we're keeping this track on the front page for a few more listens. What are friends for?

You use the term "friends" very loosely

Any update on your potential expatriation?

I've only had the news for 2 weeks so we're working on it. Been researching, etc. - just compiling info for now and trying to set a realistic timeline. Wouldn't move at the earliest until probably 2020...

• What would the Ive's use of transpose be? Is there a piece he used that had a fixed transposition interval? Did you ever improvise with the right hand in one key and the left in another dissonant key?

• @Daveypoo said:
    You use the term "friends" very loosely

Et tu Brute?

• @McD said:
    Did you ever improvise with the right hand in one key and the left in another dissonant key?

I do this all the time. I call it "garbage".

• @Daveypoo said:

@McD said:
    Did you ever improvise with the right hand in one key and the left in another dissonant key?

Get these elements back from the garbage can, slightly tweak the notes and call it dualism instead of dissonance :D
    Here you go:

• @Daveypoo said:

The @LinearLineman advises you to turn off that critic and follow the moment.
    Easier said than done. It probably took him a few years to reach that state and I can see why
    he's protective of his creative process.

We keep throwing these suggestions at him (play to the click, metronome, drum track)
    and he's thinking... probably not. It's an approach I can respect but will probably never
    pursue. I care too much about wanting to sound like my heroes and pass everything past
    that jury? Is it good enough? It is fun to just let the body/mind loose but I'm never happy with the results because I'm not going to spontaneously generate Chick Corea or Bill Evans.
    I have to drill techniques to play cliches that I happen to like. I guess my focus is on the groove. I do think I get lost in the groove and that's closer to a mind/body connection to the sound. The notes chosen are based on scales and chord progressions.

• Ok - I've been tossing around meaningless jokes but let me be real for just a moment here.

The Charles Ives comment, while a joke, actually has merit. I don't have the manual dexterity to improvise differently with each hand - my independence between hands sucks. However, the thought of complimenting/contrasting musical ideas is solid. I don't particularly like Ives simply because while his ideas are conceptually brilliant, his music (specifically the competing marching bands, etc.) isn't particularly listenable to my ears. But if someone could do that in a jazz setting and keep the musical context the same between each piece - maybe not directly harmonizing with each other but rather complimenting each other HARMONICALLY - would be fascinating. Maybe each piece is in a particular key but they manage to harmonize in yet a third key.... not sure how the math works out here but I'm sure with some planning someone more inclined than myself could have success....

I go back and forth on "honing my chops" as I get older. Sometimes I'm feeling it and I'm practicing a lot, other times my brain is elsewhere and I don't pick up any "instrument" for months at a time. I think that as long as we continue to challenge ourselves, no matter HOW that challenge may look, then we can keep growing as musicians.

I was in a band in college and all they wanted to do was play Phish songs. Let's get this out of the way: I LOVE the band Phish. That being said, the best this band would ever be is the SECOND best Phish in the universe. What they couldn't understand is that there is already a band Phish, and they are they best Phish in the world. Any other band is only ever going to be second to them AT BEST.

So - you can either choose to be the 2nd best Phish (Bill Evans, Chick Corea, Charles Ives, ) in the universe, OR you can choose to be the best YOU in the universe. There's only one of YOU and you're the best YOU that there is.

It's the thing that's kept me going all these years despite the frustrations. Push yourself to do new things - absolutely! Try to sound exactly like your heroes - not so much!

Wow.... that was a lot of ramblings. Hope I made a point somewhere in there...

• Ok. Here is the Maestro (the other Lenny) speaking directly to you @McD. You can listen in, too, @rs2000 @Daveypoo. Transpose function on plus dog barking. You have inspired me to return to chaos, gentlemen.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ok. Here is the Maestro (the other Lenny) speaking directly to you @McD. You can listen in, too, @rs2000 @Daveypoo. Transpose function on plus dog barking. You have inspired me to return to chaos, gentlemen.

...until the final answer emerges as utter gibberish (at 4:37) :D

And I am still fascinated by simplicity and by the gift to be able to paint an enjoyable picture with only few elements.
    There's nothing wrong with sometimes flirting with the "non-tonal" and dissonant of course, and even more if it's embedded so well that even most non-musicians wouldn't run away crying because that little exotic spice is spread in careful, tiny amounts ;)

• @Daveypoo said:
    So - you can either choose to be the 2nd best Phish (Bill Evans, Chick Corea, Charles Ives, ) in the universe, OR you can choose to be the best YOU in the universe. There's only one of YOU and you're the best YOU that there is.

It's the thing that's kept me going all these years despite the frustrations. Push yourself to do new things - absolutely! Try to sound exactly like your heroes - not so much!

Yes!! How boring would the musical world be without people trying to do new things?
    Thanks to all who do.

• @Daveypoo, pertinent comments, but your ears are not fixed. With openness they can expand to accept edatlimineIves’ stuff as totally listenable even at its extreme. After all, audiences pay good money to hear this stuff, and if you eliminate p the 50% who go to prove their own erudition there are still a good many with genuine appreciation. You’re headed for the land of fragrant cheeses, no? Certainly you will come to love the more noxious ones in time!

I hadn’t listened to Ives in many years. I was surprised how easily my ears accepted the considered chaos.
    Not a steady diet, perhaps, but certainly it has its place on the buffet.