Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Meatballs - new Horse Gas track

I don't think there's any iOS at all on this new feller, but anyway - feedback always appreciated :)

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/track/meatballs

Comments

• Re-uploaded, I wasn't happy about the ending :)

• Makes me think of Edgar Varese, Monzo. Nicely done. I don't know if I am imagining the sound quality of the instruments to be superior to iOS. What do you think?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Makes me think of Edgar Varese, Monzo. Nicely done. I don't know if I am imagining the sound quality of the instruments to be superior to iOS. What do you think?

Thanks for listening!

This was my first project completed in Ableton, and it's using nearly all of their onboard stuff - apart from a few bits of the Honegrown Sounds synths, and some drums from Komplete. I think there is a boost in sound quality - in particular their fx are pretty lush.

• I agree... hard to describe. Deeper, richer, thicker?

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman Deeper, thick, richer? The measure of the man hisself!.....More seriously, I suspect/wonder if it's the effects, certainly seems more dimensional, as for the tune itself this reminds me more than anything of soundtrack/incidentals combined from a never made far-more-edgy Mission Impossible variant. Certainly plenty of room here for well-chosen vocal samples/dialogue etc (was hearing 'Do you hear voices? You do. So you are possessed? You are a believer, born again and yet you hear voices and you are possessed...")...

• @LinearLineman said:
    I agree... hard to describe. Deeper, richer, thicker?

Fatter I think. A lot of the sounds are sample based, rather than my usual synth-sourced stuff, so I'm guessing that has pushed the quality up a bit - but the sound quality from Live definitely seems to be better than my iOS outings, and even stuff I've created in Reason. Enjoying using it anyway!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LinearLineman Deeper, thick, richer? The measure of the man hisself!.....More seriously, I suspect/wonder if it's the effects, certainly seems more dimensional, as for the tune itself this reminds me more than anything of soundtrack/incidentals combined from a never made far-more-edgy Mission Impossible variant. Certainly plenty of room here for well-chosen vocal samples/dialogue etc

I think there is a bit more depth in Live, and certainly the effects are outstanding.

Had a little play with Granulator 2 this morning (https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/granulator/), pretty standard iOS stuff but once you start loading up an FX chain, you can get some seriously big sounds on the boil.