Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4pockets CompressorFX gets sidechain

CompressorFX gets sidechain same way as Woodpressor- ie have one instance driving the other.

Comments

• No kidding, so you can side chain with it in AUM??

• @reasOne said:
    No kidding, so you can side chain with it in AUM??

Presumably

• Interesting

• Does this sidechaining work in stagelight?

• @gregsmith said:
    Does this sidechaining work in stagelight?

It works in any daw.
    Tried it in Cubasis, BM3 and stagelight.

• @Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

Thanks! Another addition to my 4pockets collection

• @Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

It’s the only 4pockets plugin that doesn’t work in Auria Pro. I have already reported it to the dev but haven’t received an answer yet.

• @Rodolfo said:

@Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

It’s the only 4pockets plugin that doesn’t work in Auria Pro. I have already reported it to the dev but haven’t received an answer yet.

Woodpressor is a very good AU compressor with side chain and some sweet tube saturation/distortion as well.

• @gusgranite said:

@Rodolfo said:

@Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

Woodpressor is a very good AU compressor with side chain and some sweet tube saturation/distortion as well.

Agree, Woodpressor is an excellent compressor too, and it can handle up to 8 different side chain instances.

• @gusgranite said:

@Rodolfo said:

@Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

There’s a fix out today re Auria Pro

• @BiancaNeve said:

@gusgranite said:

@Rodolfo said:

@Paa89 said:

@gregsmith said:

It works in any daw.

There’s a fix out today re Auria Pro

That’s correct, thank you for the heads up. The dev also sent me a message explaining it was a quick fix and it should work now, but I haven’t checked yet.

• Is sidechaining in Audiobus ok?
    With Woodpressor I get it working in AUM, Cubasis and apeMatrix. Only in AB doesnt function.

• @Satie said:
    Is sidechaining in Audiobus ok?
    With Woodpressor I get it working in AUM, Cubasis and apeMatrix. Only in AB doesnt function.

Nope, you're right, it's not working in AB. I'd guess it's the same issue that causes apeMatrix's Mixer Send Receive (which also passes audio between instances of the same plugin) to not work properly in AB.

• Hmm, interesting. I'll look into it.

• edited June 2019

@jipumarino and @Satie, can you give me some more details on what's going on? I've tried apeMatrix's Send Receive AU and it works just fine here. WoodPressor's system is a bit weirder, in that it seems to only work once you start and then stop AB's transport - and then it only works while AB's transport is paused. I'm working with Wim on diagnosing that one.

• edited June 2019

@Michael I tried again using the receiver in an effect slot and it worked (I think I was putting it in a source slot before, which generated audio feedback). What still doesn’t work is bypassing or setting a wet level for the sender in the AB mixer; it always sends 100% of the signal.

• @jipumarino said:
    @Michael I tried again using the receiver in an effect slot and it worked (I think I was putting it in a source slot before, which generated audio feedback). What still doesn’t work is bypassing or setting a wet level for the sender in the AB mixer; it always sends 100% of the signal.

Ah, okay, cool. Yeah, the dry/wet stuff is applied to the output of the AU, so it won't affect what goes into it. You'd probably want to pull down the level on the source or the effect before, then push it up again on the AU sender output, to get that effect.

• Aah that makes total sense, thanks for explaining!