Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Desktop Semi-Modular Options......

2»

Comments

• 0Coast is amazing. Unique sounds, lots of fun, MIDI controllable, eurorack compatible, and slick looking. I have a ton of videos on instagram.com/realradioactivesandwich using it with various other gear. Just scroll through the videos. They have labels so you can see which ones have the synth in it.

• I’m starting to ponder the validity of getting four Behringer Crave units and treating each one as a single operator to make one big analogue 4-op FM synth for less than £600. Or is this too crazy?

• @u0421793 said:
    I’m starting to ponder the validity of getting four Behringer Crave units and treating each one as a single operator to make one big analogue 4-op FM synth for less than £600. Or is this too crazy?

I haven't really listened to the Crave demos, but the idea is excellent. You mentioned the Pittsburgh Microvolt. Sounds very impressive; I read quite a few reviews, mostly v positive, but the envelopes are apparently not brilliant.

• @ElectroHead said:

@u0421793 said:
    I’m starting to ponder the validity of getting four Behringer Crave units and treating each one as a single operator to make one big analogue 4-op FM synth for less than £600. Or is this too crazy?

I haven't really listened to the Crave demos, but the idea is excellent. You mentioned the Pittsburgh Microvolt. Sounds very impressive; I read quite a few reviews, mostly v positive, but the envelopes are apparently not brilliant.

Try this demo:
    I watched a chunk of it last night (the first portion, my wife wanted me to turn the telly down so I skipped to the end but the message was the same). Essentially, don’t get a Mother 32, get a Crave, it’s just about identical for a fraction of the price.

• @u0421793 said:

Try this demo:
    I watched a chunk of it last night (the first portion, my wife wanted me to turn the telly down so I skipped to the end but the message was the same). Essentially, don’t get a Mother 32, get a Crave, it’s just about identical for a fraction of the price.

Thanks! Potentially a very economic start of a eurorack system. Have to check the CV levels. IIRC, the Mother 32 outputs non-standard CV voltage (-5 to +5?) and needs a converter / attenuator to interface with standard eurorack (0 - 12V).

• Has no one said Sunvox in this thread yet? The price (free) is good too. :)

• I like Sunvox but the OP seems to be looking for a hardware semi-modular

• So Lifeforms SV-1 is gone.....damn....

• @Calverhall said:

@espiegel123 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:
    This review gave me pause about the AE modular option, which I really liked on paper: https://spaceshipsin.space/things/ae-modular.html

Ouch. It’s always good to hear a user review, rather than some of the fawning “Synth media” stories, which tend to be less review and more marketing.

I really like some of the videos I’ve seen of this setup, but quality was always a concern, given the low price.

Thanks for this. I was seriously considering this down the road. I'll just got a 0 Coast.

I don't think you will regret the 0-Coast (if you like what you see/hear in the videos on YouTube). While I don't have one, I have a number of friends that have them and all of them love them.

Plus with the 0-Coast there is a wealth of video tutorials and patch ideas.

What do you use O for ? Sound wise?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Calverhall said:

@espiegel123 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:
    This review gave me pause about the AE modular option, which I really liked on paper: https://spaceshipsin.space/things/ae-modular.html

Ouch. It’s always good to hear a user review, rather than some of the fawning “Synth media” stories, which tend to be less review and more marketing.

I really like some of the videos I’ve seen of this setup, but quality was always a concern, given the low price.

Thanks for this. I was seriously considering this down the road. I'll just got a 0 Coast.

I don't think you will regret the 0-Coast (if you like what you see/hear in the videos on YouTube). While I don't have one, I have a number of friends that have them and all of them love them.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    So Lifeforms SV-1 is gone.....damn....

What, out of production? Easy to find 2nd hand

• @kinkujin said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:

whilst the o-coast would be a great choice.. i should ignore that review.. literally everything he says about the AE modular is wrong/ignorant , the patch holes ‘were’ exactly the same as bastl, korg modular , NS synth etc etc so you couldn’t complain about that Even if they hadn’t very soon been replaced with very high quality ones AND the patch wires he supplies are now 10x better than any standard breadboard , whilst still being cheap as chimps.. the wasp filter behaves EXACTLY like a wasp filter , there is now a single unit SV multi mode filter that is terrific, the Nyle has been updated with a switch that allows you to either have the insane filter self osc ( which a lot of people really like ) or a more tamed version.
    nothing wrong with the sequencers.. though I have tried to get robert to put a poly rhythm mode in the Triq164, eventually that will happen BUT in the meantime what did he do?? he ported the MI grids as the TOPOGRAF module.. for about £50 ffs! :) with all the euclidian and poly rhythmic shenanigans that does ( get MiRack to check that out )
    the dual Osc is now digitally controlled and perfect pitch.. the 2env has buchla style eoc lfo/osc capabilities, the LFO’s DO have cv in.. the noise rate can be cv’ed down to however slow you want it, the delay IS really old school and sounds even more radiophonic workshop than the thing on the Volca modular, I REALLY like it..
    basically everything this Bilbo says is wrong, Wrong, WRONG .. you can get a single row 20 unit with a dozen modules preinstalled ( and 3 of them are dual now ie: 2 oscs, 2 lfo’s, 2 envs with eoc ) for 300 euro
    .. BUT, don’t buy it.. i hate the idea that this will become a common synth to own.. a girl likes to feel special after all!

• Still on their website. @RUST(i)K Did you wake up to find yours was gone?

• @auxmux said:
    Just put up a video with 0coast. So much fun.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5WRweVhY8O/?igshid=og0ql7ufyyjm

Was interested in taking a look but not showing. Repost if you have time?

• @DYMS Weird, it worked for me before, try this https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5WRweVhY8O/

• @auxmux said:
    @DYMS Weird, it worked for me before, try this https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5WRweVhY8O/

Sorry about that, it seemed like Instagram and Facebook were down when I tried to access it yesterday. It sounds great. I recently got the 0-Coast again after selling my first one because I got an Empress Effects Zoia that was begging to be paired with the 0 :)

• Thanks, yeah insta was having issues. Cool re: Zoia. I don't have pedals but that looks like a fun one. Maybe someday but I'm happy with all FX au we have these days.

• Was gonna post this vid but u got there before :)

Pretty good demo from mylar m.

@[Deleted User] said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Calverhall said:

@espiegel123 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:

• @paradiddle said:
    Was gonna post this vid but u got there before :)

Pretty good demo from mylar m.

@[Deleted User] said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Calverhall said:

@espiegel123 said:

@kinkujin said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:

I def want to grab one of these. for just noise design....

• @RUST( i )K Yeah me too but I'm looking at the pulsar-23 and this thing is freaking mental. Not sure I'll get one though, the waiting list is huge.

Anyway the 0-coast looks like a potential buy soonish and it basically borrows from the west coast stuff and I was look at getting something in that vein. Make noise have amazing modules.